Logitech G510 Macro Issues

Hello my wonderful forum users!

I recently got rid of my beloved G11 (who was just acting as a backup for my G15) and upgraded to a G510, I only use Logitech keyboards because they have 18 wonderful macro keys on the side that I abuse for my work. The thing is, the macros on the G510 aren't working as they should and I'm looking for a fix.

For example, I have a macro to automatically type http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/october/

It works on my G11 (if I'm sneaky, see explanation later) but on my G510 I will get h&&/october/mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/october/

I know the problem too well because it happened on my old keyboards as well but I always fixed it by downgrading to older drivers. Sadly, the ones I used (Gamepanel Software 2.01.227 64Bits) won't work with my G510 and I'm pretty much screwed.

I was wondering if anyone has found a fix for that, or if I should just throw my keyboard against the wall and apologize to my G11 for trying to get rid of it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-10-11 at 10:33 PM.

did you try setting a small delay? (like 10 ms)

helped with my G15

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried restarting your computer?
    85 Druid: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...jinî/advanced afk, not playing/gearing

85 Paladin: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Norruh/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    HOW HARD IS IT TO AVOID FIRE THAT COVERS HALF THE ROOM, ITS NOT LIKE YOU DONT SEE IT.

What Tetharion suggested seems like a fairly good idea. It seems like this is a fairly common issue, just by doing a google search a ton of results pop up. Sadly, I have almost no experience with logitech keyboards. Best of luck Boub.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetharion View Post
    did you try setting a small delay? (like 10 ms)

helped with my G15
    Technically, it might work but:
    • It's going to be ridiculously long to add delay manually to all my macros
    • I create new macros on the fly depending on my need all the time. If I have to edit everything manually to add a shitton of delay, it's not really time saving anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by najini View Post
    Have you tried restarting your computer?
    Of course.

i assume you are making those via the MR key?

if you go to Settings -> Profiler in the G-series Key Profiler
    you can set something like 'record delay while recording macros' (sorry I'm on a german PC here) which should work for future MR macros.

yeah it's a bit of a pain for current macros, but it's better then nothing

everywhere else you can set a constant delay ('assign text block') same with the macro manager
    Last edited by Tetharion; 2011-10-11 at 10:56 PM.

The Microsoft Sidewinder X6 has 18 macro/customizable keys. You can replace the num pad's keys with said macros, and the num pad can attach to either side of the keyboard! And it did not give me any issues when I attempted the links you provided. The keyboard also has an extra 6 macro keys with a button to toggle them into a different 6. In total it has 30 keys, and has lasted 3+ years!
    Promethèus - Blackrock - US

Erm...did you try just changing it from a keypress macro to a text block? Works for me...

Select Text Block, type in the url you want to go to (you may need to hit enter once to send the carriage return to make it go to that url), save it. Assign it. Run it.