Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What Else Can We 2-Man.

Hey guys,

So recently a good m8 and me started 2 manning a load of stuff and it was really good fun. I am a blood dk (or my druid sometimes) and he is a feral/resto druid (mostly feral since it's damage more than anything a lot of the time, not death).

So far we have soloed most of VOA, most of naxx (wanna see what more we can do, especially if 4 horsemen is solo-able), Malygos (which was the most fun Ive had in a long time, was really hard tho), we grabbed another person for Sarth 3d, since the second drake was coming in around 25% and roflstomping me,onyxia (lvl 80 one). So anyways, I was wondering what else is 2-man-able, and where do you recommend we head to next?

Thanks guys,
    DDE.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

been doin a similar thing with a prot warrior (im a Spriest) and were in the same situation as you are, out of things to do.
    im thinking of giving some 25 man naax a go (were both after shocking 25 and keep gettin idiots fail the achieve)

if your into the whole transmog thing, most lv 70 content can be 2 manned now but a real challenge. hmm Ulduar? (razorscale, ignis, Xt might be hard with the % base damage on tantrum) ToC i could imagine some of this would be 2 mannable (faction champs might be interesting xD)

You could do Black Temple I think, up to Council. I'd be surprised if anyone could 2 man / solo that. Serpentshrine Cavern you could do now, too. Orbs don't stop you moving now. WoTLK wise, some of Naxx - Flame Leviathan in Uld is seriously easy. Never tried it, but Razorscale might be doable. Not sure about ToC.. but I think a Blood DK could do Marrowgar on their own now, maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I 2man all vanilla/tbc content on a weekly basis. Even bring a friend on his 70 rogue for lolglaive/bow chances. As for level 80, I do malygos/voa/ony/sarth3D/full naxx clear 2man weekly aswell. Had a weird bug on razuvious recently, when the boss was about to die, I threw a heal on the dk and suddenly his damage skyrocketed (and I mean HIGH). went from ~12k dps to 64k dps in a little under 2 seconds, he said he was seeing 240k melee swings, and a 2M damage death strike. Not really sure what happened, but it was fun none the less.

As soon as I'm done with val'anyr (This week ) we'll be starting on ulduar. Messed a bit with the setup we use on the PTR (Blood dk/ret paladin), and managed halion, full ulduar10 hardmodes (steelbreaker is by FAR the hardest of all of them, bar perhaps hodir's speedkill, algalon isn't so easy either), plus some ICC bosses (sindragosa p2 is fun, me (the ret) in iceblocks for the whole phase >.>)

Illidari council is fairly easy if you have 2x dpsers and some kind of off-healing (word of glory talents in ret ftw). I imagine a geared blood dk/ret combo could do al'akir/atramedes aswell, not that I'd want to, that content on normal is boring.

For those of you saying you've 2 manned BT up to council... How in the hell did you manage Reliquary of Souls? Me (Blood dk) and my buddy (arcane mage) can't do it to save our lives. Even bringing in a resto sham it wasn't doable. (Though, he did miss a lot of interrupts).

OT: Try out some ToC or Ulduar. If you really want a challenge, go for ICC. But I could see many many issues with trying to 2 man Marrow. Has been soloed by hunters, good ones. and by deathknights, but only because of a bug that didn't allow goblin/worgen to get spiked. Not sure if that's still possible. 2 manning though, not sure if you could solo dps down a spike before the spiked person dies.

@qwertysham

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QwertySham View Post
    For those of you saying you've 2 manned BT up to council... How in the hell did you manage Reliquary of Souls? Me (Blood dk) and my buddy (arcane mage) can't do it to save our lives. Even bringing in a resto sham it wasn't doable. (Though, he did miss a lot of interrupts).

OT: Try out some ToC or Ulduar. If you really want a challenge, go for ICC. But I could see many many issues with trying to 2 man Marrow. Has been soloed by hunters, good ones. and by deathknights, but only because of a bug that didn't allow goblin/worgen to get spiked. Not sure if that's still possible. 2 manning though, not sure if you could solo dps down a spike before the spiked person dies.
    Hahahahahaha, RoS is a BITCH of a boss. You need 2x interrupters, and most likely if you miss a single one -> wipe or close to. If you have 2x melee to tunnel + a healer to keep them high, it's np. Anti-magic shell helps a HUGE amount. having 3x interrupters ensures you never miss a single one (as long as the shield drops fast, you can't interrupt during it).

As for marrowgar, there's a trick to the spikes. If you stand in front of the boss (in cleave range), he won't spike either of you. You have to have some pretty mean dps or some self healing to make this work, but otherwise you'll be 2manning til the first or 2nd spike, then soloing from then on. ToC normal is a joke, I've been doing Jaraxxus and Twins on heroic, really no point in doing those normal (we got speed kill on heroic recently).

@reverendball Whilst that is awesome, that isn't the easiest thing to do, and if you rely on the damage from a mana user it's pretty much game over (tried it one week, just wiped because of the max mana reduction mechanic)

I 2 maned BT as a Blood DK and a Resto Shammy, Reliquary was hard because 1 missed interupt and we were doomed...so we were both on top of that like pros XD. Council IS doable, you just take more damage than is comfortable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Had a weird bug on razuvious recently, when the boss was about to die, I threw a heal on the dk and suddenly his damage skyrocketed (and I mean HIGH). went from ~12k dps to 64k dps in a little under 2 seconds, he said he was seeing 240k melee swings, and a 2M damage death strike. Not really sure what happened, but it was fun none the less.
    its not a bug, razuvious adds get 1-2sek debuff after he dies.
    quote from wowhead: "Hopeless - When Razuvious dies, non-Mind Controlled Death Knight Understudies take 5000% more damage for the short duration of the debuff."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    we have soloed
    something wrong here ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze View Post
    quote from wowhead: "Hopeless - When Razuvious dies, non-Mind Controlled Death Knight Understudies take 5000% more damage for the short duration of the debuff."
    Ah, that would explain it. Epic gimmick though, everyone loves huge numbers.

Deleted
    I'm doing the same with a blood dk friend. I myself switch between hunter and disc priest. Classic and BC we can do most too with an exception of BT Reliquary of Souls boss. We haven't found a succesfull tactic there, also because of the lack of interupts. We started this week on Ulduar. Flame is ofc solo-abe, Ignis was no problem (just keep him in the water and I had to go full out on the healing), but for XT we needed some tries. I ended up dying on my hunter all the time so I switched to my priest disc pvp spec. Wasn't hard and I could solo the adds while my friend downed Ignis.

Razor is tricky because you need someone for the arrows, but we had a couple of nice tries there.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Hahahahahaha, RoS is a BITCH of a boss. You need 2x interrupters, and most likely if you miss a single one -> wipe or close to. If you have 2x melee to tunnel + a healer to keep them high, it's np. Anti-magic shell helps a HUGE amount. having 3x interrupters ensures you never miss a single one (as long as the shield drops fast, you can't interrupt during it).
    Yeah, our resto shaman at the time was incapable of hitting an interrupt... very frustrating to say the least lol. My interrupt CD is 10 sec (obviously) and the mages is like 24 seconds or something. So 2 manning with a mage, not happening. Time to get him to reroll melee and get better internet (he runs wow off his phones 3g... /suicide)

As for marrow, I didn't know you could avoid spikes by being in front of the boss... Learn something new everyday, thanks for the response

Deleted
    I'm 2-manning stuff with a Paly friend of mine - he's Prot/Heal, and I'm a Bear/Boom druid. We've done a couple of naxx 25 man bosses, as well as almost all of naxx 10 (we got tired and went to bed instead of finishing it up), malygos, all of ulduar 10 (no wipes before Kologarn, but damn he annoyed us :P), except Yogg and Algalon, 3/4 bosses in VoA and pretty much all of the TBC raids. Can't remember what else we've done, but there's probably more than I've mentioned. We 2-man TK regularly for the mount, but with no luck yet :-/
    Anyway, good luck 2-manning stuff with your friend

Deleted
    As a blood DK you've already got the most badass soloist-type class there is on your team. Your teammate is almost like an added bonus to what you already have (hehe).

Many of the earlier bosses of ICC will be easy for the 2 of you. You may find Deathbringer Saurfang requires you to pay attention, as well as maybe Festergut. You should see how Putricide goes. Not sure about BQL.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Mione realised that RoS's spirit shock required LoS the biggest difficulty issue with that fight was removed.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    When Mione realised that RoS's spirit shock required LoS the biggest difficulty issue with that fight was removed.
    She still reccommended bringing friends, the boss is still a bitch, and if you're grouped with a mana user -> No dice. They can't live through the spirit shock damage.

Gaze into the heart of N'Zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkycarl View Post
    im thinking of giving some 25 man naax a go (were both after shocking 25 and keep gettin idiots fail the achieve)
    Patch25 and Kel25 are pretty difficult to 2 man, the rest are easily doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Minze View Post
    That explains a lot, back when pallys had seal of Blood, I hit a 6 digit judgement. The recoil damage one-shotted me in the process. Happened twice
    Last edited by captin hero; 2011-10-12 at 03:55 PM.