Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    No trinity, everyone can heal! Finally a new game that allows you to create a character that can do it all and be pretty much self sufficient!

Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    I like to think of it more Everyone HAS to do everything not "whatever they want" :P You Slack, you die But yeah also my Favorite feature but for different reasons i think :P
    I prefer this definition... The whole 'no tank/healer' line just makes me think the game will be too easy (for me)...

-Alamar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlamarAtMMOC View Post
    I prefer this definition... The whole 'no tank/healer' line just makes me think the game will be too easy (for me)...

-Alamar
    Well, see, they're using that definition because people have come to rely on XXX tank or YYY healer. They have to sit in chat for an hour+ usually to find anyone willing to PuG with them. And if they do get someone, pray to God he's not "that Fury warrior in leather" or "that druid with no off-hand". >_<'

10+ Year Old Account

-Alamar
    I like that there will be no "waiting timer" for DPS xD And you can form a group of 5 random classes, you don't NEED a healer or a tank. Everyone can do these One of the best aspects of the game.

• 30R@1N •

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day

-Alamar
    I shared your worry but I've been assured the game is far from easy, just everyone in the group has to be more responsible, don't pull your weight it is VERY easy to die i've seen on the demos, people getting pretty much 1 shotted (and this is a toned down version of an event boss that meant for random people) The Repeatable version of dungeons should have you game raging that you didn't move out of that bosses swing fast enough in no time :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    I shared your worry but I've been assured the game is far from easy, just everyone in the group has to be more responsible, don't pull your weight it is VERY easy to die i've seen on the demos, people getting pretty much 1 shotted (and this is a toned down version of an event boss that meant for random people) The Repeatable version of dungeons should have you game raging that you didn't move out of that bosses swing fast enough in no time :P
    Sounds amazing I am tired of raiding, so enormous boss battles at the end of some dynamic events will be refreshing and exciting!

Deleted
    The combat, it so much more dynamic than in GW1/WoW etc. I love it. Can't wait to try the PvP.

No resilience!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    No resilience!!!
    Amen to that!

Aside from the bullet to the exclusion-oriented aspects of the trinity (as another poster mentioned, tanks will technically exist... but everyone can do it), which everyone else has covered, I love the sidekicking elements (even though I decried them in the "least favorite" thread). I tend to barrel ahead of my friends in levels, and no top quality game I've ever played has had the sidekicking mechanics needed to make that "barreling ahead" less of a detrement to my desires to play with my friends when they are available.

Also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the "group because you want to, not because you need to" element of the game! Combined with the "trinity light" gameplay, and the multi-guild mechanics, this promises to free everyone from the "marriages" of "functional relationships" in MMOs, and have people playing with who they like (even if that's "just me"), instead of forcing themselves to like who they *have* to play with! It's so empowering, that I think a lot of more recent MMO players don't realize that this is going to redefine community, because no one can "keep you from" content, you can just "go get it" for the vast majority of the game!
    Last edited by Omedon; 2011-10-14 at 12:18 AM.
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

10+ Year Old Account
    My most favorite thing is that ArenaNet is not afraid to deviate from the standard cookie-cutter MMO design. And Rytlock :3

not having to use gimmick builds for pve like in the first guild wars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziona View Post
    not having to use gimmick builds for pve like in the first guild wars
    You didn't have too... I use my own build right now for all my chars and heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    You didn't have too... I use my own build right now for all my chars and heroes.
    i mean to play with other people all of the time they used gimmick builds for like uw speed clears that old ursan build and barrage/pet builds and all that, im either forced to do that or play alone with my heroes =[

The PvP. Arenanet seem to be the only company that actually care about competitive PvPers.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR