Thread: AFKing in Arena

AFKing in Arena

Something new happened to me in a 3v3 comp yesterday. Our team was fortunate enough to be winning the comp, we downed the healer and 1 of the dps. The remaining dps was a rogue who went into stealth....

So the 3 of us are standing out tapping our toes for about 2-3 minutes wanting for him to leave the arena or shadowsight to come up, however neither happened.

After some random aoe'ing he was found pressed up against a wall, clearly afk ...

If he wasn't found this arena could have lasted forever? We all assumed that Shadowsight would have respawned after X minutes of inactivity, but it would have been a good 5 minutes before stealth to be discovered.

Anyone else experienced this?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xayil View Post
    Something new happened to me in a 3v3 comp yesterday. Our team was fortunate enough to be winning the comp, we downed the healer and 1 of the dps. The remaining dps was a rogue who went into stealth....

So the 3 of us are standing out tapping our toes for about 2-3 minutes wanting for him to leave the arena or shadowsight to come up, however neither happened.

After some random aoe'ing he was found pressed up against a wall, clearly afk ...

If he wasn't found this arena could have lasted forever? We all assumed that Shadowsight would have respawned after X minutes of inactivity, but it would have been a good 5 minutes before stealth to be discovered.

Anyone else experienced this?
    No, it couldn't have.

Arena matches can only last 45 minutes of actually going against the team, 47 if you count the period in which you prepare. If neither team wins by then, they both are penalized as if they both had lost.
    Last edited by Yotei; 2011-10-12 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol.. hes was more than likely praying to every god he knows of that yer team would just give up and leave and give him the win.
    Your Add Here!

Oh rogues.....how we love to play them, but hate to play against them

Heh, I used to do this back in S1-4 (arenas really could last forever!) I would usually just park myself in their starting gate then go for a sandwich. A few groups gave up looking for me but most wasted plenty of time before they finally found me and killed me for the win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yotei View Post
    No, it couldn't have.

Arena matches can only last 45 minutes of actually going against the team, 47 if you count the period in which you prepare. If neither team wins by then, they both are penalized as if they both had lost.
    Im not sure this is 100% anymore.

I recently had one of those 45 min battles and it did not count for a loss

I do that all the time if I know me and my 2's partner is going to lose, actually won several games that way, makes me giggle all the time.

Alot of stelthys do this, but hey just means they are buthurt the lost and no games end at 47min after you enter or 45min after the gates open

bah its worse when your partner decides to go afk. i play with a irl friend but regardless he'll gladly leave me to die and our rating to drop if he gets a better offer.

... i need a new arena partner
    [Kannu]: they run like they have human minds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxEGsWlKqs4

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    only can last 45mins at most. i couldnt do that, i'd lose patience :P

Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post

I don't think your team gets credited with a loss but both team will lose points, which is what matters at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I do that all the time if I know me and my 2's partner is going to lose, actually won several games that way, makes me giggle all the time.
    I hate you

Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post

45mins doesn't include prep time (so it would say ~47min on the score); also it will count for a draw and not register on the team charter (since it's neither a win nor a loss)
    this is for official blizzard servers - AT / MLG is different