Okay so I bought this laptop about two weeks ago and I love it so far, when it comes to gaming it's simply amazing, there's just one thing that's really bothering me.
Every now and then, like once a day the screen goes black for a couple of seconds, though programs and skype and spotify are still running, and then it reboots itself, kinda frustrating when it happens in the middle of an arena game I'm sure you can imagine...
I've tried googling the problem but didn't find any useful information at all, all I've got to go on is that my friend who also owns an Acer laptop has the same problem as me so maybe it's just that? That acer laptops are bad, but I don't really believe that.
I also don't think it's due to overheating, I always feel the computer when it does this and it's normally pretty cold actually, compared to what I know other laptops can be.
So.. Has anyone else had this same problem, and if yes, how did you fix it?
(Please note that I'm a total noob when it comes to handling computers so try to speak so I can understand, thanks!)
Several different reasons this could occur. Here is a list of the most common.
1) VGA adapter is faulty - this is your graphics card.
2) VGA driver needs updating - you can do this through the Acer support website or visit AMD Radeons website
3) LCD panel needs to be replaced
4) Faulty RAM
This is what you should do.
1) Visit AMD Radeon's website and download the latest driver revision for you mobile chipset. Should say which GPU you have on that handy sticker on the laptop. Probably Radeon HD6XXX series.
2) Download and install the updated driver.
3) Run FurMark GPU stress test or just start gaming and see if the problem reproduces.
4) Should the problem reoccur take the laptop back to where you purchased it and get an exchange or a refund while you still can.