Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Play to Crush, can't wait for some great GVG, and Pvp remember the good old days of Shadowbane, open world pvp 4tw.

Quote Originally Posted by creedster View Post
    World PVP is overrated.

Most of the time it's just ganking. Real world pvp rarely happens.

Anywhoooo... Nar Shadaa should be awesome.
    How exactly is ganking not world PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    How exactly is ganking not world PvP?
    World PvP is where a group or people fight to decide the outcome with at least somewhat equal chances of success or failure on both sides. Think something like Helms Deep (for you fantasy guys) or the Deathstar fight from RotJ. Ganking is more like punching a toddler... there's just no pay off unless the kid was just asking too many questions.

However to the topic: If there is going to be a good system for World PvP I'd really enjoy it. I loved attacking Tauren Mill and Southshore (played both factions) and enjoyed the roaming counter-strike wars. If TOR offers that feeling with the Nar Shadaa situation I'd enjoy it to no end and be very thankful to get that old feeling of excitement again.
    "Every time I see that commercial for this movie I laugh."
    "Which one?"
    "The one with the vegetarian bedazzled vampires."

Quote Originally Posted by Heironeous View Post
    World PvP is where a group or people fight to decide the outcome with at least somewhat equal chances of success or failure on both sides. Think something like Helms Deep (for you fantasy guys) or the Deathstar fight from RotJ. Ganking is more like punching a toddler... there's just no pay off unless the kid was just asking too many questions.
    Are you serious? So to you ganking someone out in the open world is not PvP, but it needs to be "honourable" to qualify as PvP in the open game world(ie. world PvP)? Wow, well I'm not gonna start arguing definitions with someone who uses that much mental agility.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Are you serious? So to you ganking someone out in the open world is not PvP, but it needs to be "honourable" to qualify as PvP in the open game world(ie. world PvP)? Wow, well I'm not gonna start arguing definitions with someone who uses that much mental agility.
    Well how about I say it another way: I've never seen it as any fun. I adamantly refrain from it because cracking the skull of a level 15 with a level 45 is (to me, mind you) griefing. You may enjoy it, and power to you, but when most people discuss world PvP the general idea that I've noticed are things like old school Tauren Mill or even farming motes back in BC. That's why I made the distinction, sorry if you took it as an attack. I was trying to make a joke.
    "Every time I see that commercial for this movie I laugh."
    "Which one?"
    "The one with the vegetarian bedazzled vampires."

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop the debate on ganking. It has nothing to do with this thread.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net