shadow: some feedback required!

I start with my armory frist

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...toblack/simple

Well i've a few questions about gearing.

First one, is about haste thresholds. With my current gear 2589 HST is TOTALLY unreachable.

Should i follow to Klee's guide and go for 2.2k and something rising up my hit+mst?

Second question is the trinket choice; right now i can choose between NF normal, VPLC normal and DMC:V.

I really need some helps bnecause i feel like VLPC will be my last drop in the whole firelands.

0 Cloth drop by now. I mean 0.

Deleted
    Ignore thresholds, just get more HST. I'd use NF/VPLC, get 4t12 asap and up my hit to 17% once I do. Your current gear allows you to get 2141+ HST while using NF and keeping +65MST on gloves.

Why do you ignore the socket bonus in gloves(+10int) but you take it in shoulders(+10HST) ?

Getting 4t12 is rather hard. No token drops, i actually gave up on getting the fourth piece. Same story as T11 farm. I'm totally upset.

The socket bonus...lol i forgot about that one. It was because Simcraft said i would've performed better with 2354 HST + DI (good times when i played with a pocket lock).

Getting 17% hit rating resulted in a fairly dps loss in raid. Maybe because i react quickly to misses, but well, recount was showing lower numbers, so i adapted.Right now i'm sitting at 2344HST. Well guess i'll reforge and rise some hit + MST just too see how it sorts out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Getting 4t12 is rather hard. No token drops, i actually gave up on getting the fourth piece. Same story as T11 farm. I'm totally upset.

The socket bonus...lol i forgot about that one. It was because Simcraft said i would've performed better with 2354 HST + DI (good times when i played with a pocket lock).

Getting 17% hit rating resulted in a fairly dps loss in raid. Maybe because i react quickly to misses, but well, recount was showing lower numbers, so i adapted.Right now i'm sitting at 2344HST. Well guess i'll reforge and rise some hit + MST just too see how it sorts out.
    That's not what I said. The prerequisite for 17% hit was 4t12, else less is fine.

Ok i need some clarification.

I made different tests, mainly DPSing on Orgri's Dummy, 2.30min each try.

VPLC + NF : the most disappointing, slightly below 16k(15.6k) sustained, peaked at around 17.2k.

VPLC + DMCV: better but not as expected: sustained 16.5k, peaked a bit over 18k.

NF + DMCV: yet the best combo, sustained 18k, peaked at 21.

NF and VPLC normal versions, self buffed only. No CoE or similar effects from an external source.

Do i make something wrong with VPLC?
    Last edited by Purpleisbetter; 2011-10-12 at 03:59 PM.

I'd say sim the different combinations. Results can vary widely with small sample sizes but will even out when you get 25k+ sample sizes.

Deleted
    Ok i need some clarification.

I made different tests, mainly DPSing on Orgri's Dummy, 2.30min each try.

VPLC + NF : the most disappointing, slightly below 16k(15.6k) sustained, peaked at around 17.2k.

VPLC + DMCV: better but not as expected: sustained 16.5k, peaked a bit over 18k.

NF + DMCV: yet the best combo, sustained 18k, peaked at 21.

NF and VPLC normal versions, self buffed only. No CoE or similar effects from an external source.

Do i make something wrong with VPLC?
    Your first mistake is doing an unbuffed patchwerk test on dummies. Static INT gains value when there is a chance to waste procc uptime on a trinket like DMC:V, and since most FL fights actually have movement(more or less) double static INT trinkets are even more awesome(vplc + NF). The static INT also scales with buffs(mark of the wild / kings) while the ratings(MST->HST) on DMC:V does not.

I made the mistake of using DMC:V(to keep 2589HST) + NF heroic during Rag progress, my dps was utter shit due to massive movement. I changed to vplc + NF and I gained 5k, not even joking. This is what I base my static INT > DMC:V on, even if the simulations disproves me.

I see, it makes sense. So i'll go for sraight passive INT when i go in high movement fights.

I have some problems as well on ragnaros, all these phase shifts kill my dps, starting from scratch everytime while dealing with orbs starvation is kinda depressing.

Deleted
    I see, it makes sense. So i'll go for sraight passive INT when i go in high movement fights.

I have some problems as well on ragnaros, all these phase shifts kill my dps, starting from scratch everytime while dealing with orbs starvation is kinda depressing.
    Hmm, I'd say once you get 4t12 you really don't care anymore, MB on CD due to the extra dmg, I never care about ES uptime anymore, if it's up, it's up, but MB is getting cast on CD anyway. (180k MBs is sexy). You actually have time to get orbs up in each phase transition so you'll never be orb starved once Ragnaros pops up again.

The problem with these simulations is that they ignore the real world, there are no perfect models for each fight in FL where a simulation actually makes sense. It might help you with basic stat weights but sometimes common sense actually is better. (like static INT vs proccs on a high movement fight like Ragnaros).

well i don't use simcraft very much, i normally make tests in game, just to account personal mistakes/lag etc.

The tests i made weren't simmed in SimC. Went personally to dummies and spent some time on gathering results. That's the why i'm really surprised by the fact VLPC right now is my weakest trinket on a standing-still fight.

Wanting to test in-game for lag/mistakes is one thing, but you completely defeat the purpose by only running a 2.5 minute test, not to mention the data will be nigh useless considering you don't have most of the buffs you would expect in a raid. You are creating unrealistic raid conditions for yourself and a lot of stat values can fluctuate as a result. You will never see a difference of upwards of 2k dps based solely on a trinket choice, so most of the variation you are seeing is based on rng with crits and procs varying between your tests. So unfortunately a lot of the data you've gathered yourself isn't really statistically relevant and I wouldn't use it as a standard for measuring trinket values.

That said, for most situations DMC:V and VPLC will be your best trinkets. VPLC is superior by a good margin, with DMC and NF coming in close to each other. The caveat to this is that you need to intelligently use the DMC proc to get the most out of it, ie. refresh DP when it procs and before it fades. If the haste from the DMC allows you to reach the VT haste threshold then DMC is the obvious choice.

Unfortunately you logged out in your disc gear so I can't audit your armory.

In a dummy test one or two MB crits completely changes your dps. unless you did each one for like 10 minutes or more.

Some say only use NF+VPLC once you can get 30% haste without DMC:V. Before that, With DMC:V being better than NF(In theory), use VPLC+DMC:V. but its a bit of a tossup really. like wablakin said it depends on the fight(Alys and Rag you definately don't need DMC:V for example)