Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    if your keeping it yourself do the ring,
    if your passing make sure it's not for a stat stick like upgrade eg hunter trash staff or DK of-hand as of-hands don't do much at all for dk's.
    that said the best upgrade i believe is for any of your hunters who are currently using the trash drop xbow it will be a v nice upgrade for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    What? The neck is considerably better to use the firestone on. Theck's heroic ring isn't even as good as Dargonax's Signet.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    What? The neck is considerably better to use the firestone on. Theck's heroic ring isn't even as good as Dargonax's Signet.
    its alot better when you dont need masteri

I passed up two of them (wand upgrade) to a DK so he could upgrade his weapons. There is just much more benefit to the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    its alot better when you dont need masteri
    If you don't need mastery dargonax's is still better, the socket matches the ilevel difference.

If you are gearing for avoidance after full CTC then it doesn't really matter if you upgrade the neck or the ring first assuming you have the rep ring, if you don't then start with the ring.

If you are gearing for stamina after full CTC then you'll start with the trinket and then the neck. For a stamina focused gearing I'd even put the libram sligthly above the ring in the upgrade order.

(And you should ofc pass it to the DK if he isn't a total scrub)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    In our guild, the first 2 went to the frost DK, next went to me for apparatus, then back to the Dk for apparatus, then was decided the rest would just be random roll for anyone who has any of the upgradeable gear. Seemed to be the largest dps upgrade getting priority first then people who just want a heroic tag on their relic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    if your passing make sure it's not for a stat stick like upgrade eg hunter trash staff or DK of-hand as of-hands don't do much at all for dk's.
    that said the best upgrade i believe is for any of your hunters who are currently using the trash drop xbow it will be a v nice upgrade for them.
    You are clueless.

Deleted
    Our guild made a list for priorities about the Firestones, basically it went something like this:

1. Weapons (Hunter got his first, then our DK, then one of our casters that had been extremely unlucky with drops iirc)
    2. Trinkets
    3. Waist/Bracer/Neck/Ring (we went with a tank prio on these since we were working on heroic Rag and our tanks weren't CTC capped yet)
    4. Ranged slot (We've been raid rolling these since the upgrade is so minimal)

The Trinkets are more or less a waste to use a firestone on, at least for us. The only tank that should really be using Scales would be a DK, other tanks have better options availabe. As far as the Str trinket goes, our DK isn't using it so we skipped the whole trinket part altogether.

However, as far as caster dps goes for the firestones, I would actually argue that even though caster dps have different/better options available, it'll possibly still be a better upgrade to the raid if said caster dps is going from a 378>391, loot RNG in 10-mans can be a real bitch, we had to wait several months before our casters got 391 weapons, and as far as progress goes, having your casters with 391 weapons for those months you're still progressing is better than forcing everyone to wait for that BiS weapon to drop.

Everyone will get their Firestones in the end, and in my opinion, gearing should be based on what's the largest upgrade to the raid for the moment when you're still progressing, gearing purely for BiS lists in a progression environment can be dangerous, passing upgrades which could help you kill certain bosses etc. just so you can wait for that single BiS weapon which has 3-4 people in line for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by z00t View Post
    You are clueless.
    i had forgot about the neck, using valor one as it has higher non-mastery avoidance as i am at ctc cap and switching neck keeps me at ctc but gives me more parry/dodge than the boe trash one would.
    so i stand corrected on the neck/ring switch.
    however on the bow... we have bad rng in our raids and we have 5 hunters -> 3 are using the boe's and 2 are using raggy's-> also we have no dk using the trash axes.

Order would go

1. Neck (Unless you dont kill Beth HC currently, then upgrade the boe wep)
    2. Ring
    3. Scales of Life (wait till everyone has done their upgrade, as stated before, if you are over ctc change the way you gem. The other trinket options blow SoL out of the water with their effects)

Deleted
    wow im jealous of you :P im the only frost dk in my 10 man group and ive lost rolls on 3 stones. i know one of them actually went to our MT to upgrade his own cleaver to 391.... /facepalm. good on you for sharing yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Brosterr View Post
    Order would go

1. Neck (Unless you dont kill Beth HC currently, then upgrade the boe wep)
    2. Ring
    3. Scales of Life (wait till everyone has done their upgrade, as stated before, if you are over ctc change the way you gem. The other trinket options blow SoL out of the water with their effects)
    I'd probably agree with this for a personal upgrade path. I hate Scales on-use so I might even go Relic before it. That being said, you should definitely pass to the DK.

EDIT: Except for the weapon. I'd say definitely don't both wasting a Firestone on a tank weapon that you'll be aiming to replace anyway.

Honestly, I won't be upgrading anything with a Firestone except for my relic, and I might not even get to because my guild never gets firestones.

I'll be using the Sinestra neck and ring until they add the heroic VP items.
    I -RARELY- use the Scales of Life because Heroic Vial of Stolen Memories is better. I only use Scales for Shannox (double stam trinx) because we use a zerg method. Otherwise it's Mirror, Vial of Stolen Memories, Essence of the Eternal Flame, and Spidersilk Spindle on occasion. I also use Vessel of Acceleration for H Alys.

Firestones should always go to weapons/trinkets for DPS/Heals first imo. Then relics, and wands last.