Thread: Bounty hunter

Deleted

Bounty hunter

hey guys!
    i have bin looking up the bounty hunter since 2009 and this is my class to begin with in swtor.
    but since i have bin looking up at the class spec , and i see that the powertech got 1 blaster and the merc got 2. can a powertech also wear 2 blasters? or is he doomed to stay with 1 for ever? since the powertech got more use in pvp then a merc, and i am going to pvp is thta my question ^^ i want my bounty hunter to have 2 blasters so thats why my questiond
    so any1 know ?=D

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want dual-blasters, you have to stick with eighter the Merc AC or hop over to the smuggler with a Sharpshooter AC.
    Last edited by vian; 2011-10-12 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    aawrh thats to bad..is the merc spec also going to be a good pvp spec ?or hasnt there bin any info on that ? caus i am on the site now and powertech gets a 3sec root on lvl 20 if you choose shield tech, so ye thats basicly my question since a root is really nice ^^

---------- Post added 2011-10-12 at 02:21 PM ----------

aawrh thats to bad..is the merc spec also going to be a good pvp spec ?or hasnt there bin any info on that ? caus i am on the site now and powertech gets a 3sec root on lvl 20 if you choose shield tech, so ye thats basicly my question since a root is really nice ^^ as of the things arent final yet..i'll just have to hope for a beta inv and check myself..else well i check at launch

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since the Merc is a direct mirror of the Trooper Commando, which in turn we've seen footage of, Im fairly sertain will hold his weight with heals and massive firepower, together with stuns and roots (Check the Jedi Knight vs Bounty Hunter video). I'd also like to add that the Merc is heavilymildly based on rockets and missiles + his dual blasters, deeper into this I can not tread because it's purely speculations from my PoV.

Deleted
    okee i am going to check the video after my family guy episode&&, thanks ±D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    okee i am going to check the video after my family guy episode&&, thanks ±D
    Here's that video for you - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4cLHU3Yd0

Yeah the Powetech only has one booster cos i believe he has a shield boosting item aswell...

Deleted
    Powertech = tank
    Merc = DPS/Healer

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that merc is not a spec, but a class.

Not sure if you got that since you say merc is a spec.
    And merc will do fine in pvp, same as powertech.

Btw: my BH alt is going merc ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    That was a typo yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Very true, I got confused myself with it :P

Deleted
    oh haha im sorry :P diddint really saw that 1 coming xD but thanks! thought BH was the class and the merc/powertech were the spec thanks guys! will go with merc bcuz of the 2 blasters , it will do fine in pvp i gues

Isn't there dedicated pvp trees?
    Not that you have to use them out would be gimped, but I thought I remembered seeing that there was

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I've understood it shieldtech is a tank spec and traditionally you don't want to go with a tank spec in PvP (might be extremely good in Huttball, but not so much in others cause of crappy damage). Might be wrong, I'm not in beta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    As I've understood it shieldtech is a tank spec and traditionally you don't want to go with a tank spec in PvP (might be extremely good in Huttball, but not so much in others cause of crappy damage). Might be wrong, I'm not in beta
    Tanks will be very viable, especially since it's been talk from the developers how taunt will work like it did in Warhammer - Reduced dmg from the target to any player but the tank.
    Last edited by vian; 2011-10-12 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tripplebooya View Post
    Isn't there dedicated pvp trees?
    Not that you have to use them out would be gimped, but I thought I remembered seeing that there was
    There are no dedicated PvP trees.

Deleted
    Powertech uses 1 blaster and a flamethrower in his suit, merc uses dual blasters and rockets. Just because powertech uses a single blaster doesn't make him look any less awesome, the flamethrower is badass.

Merc can also use his flamethrower if he specs firebug abit aswell...pretty sure ill be using mine alot in close

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway I will probably play Bounty Hunter. Looks pretty awesome, still don't know what AC.