Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mine craft blockers

my college has BLocked Minecraft WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!

---------- Post added 2011-10-12 at 12:29 PM ----------

It's making break down inside =(

Same as all these babies who ask how to play games instead of getting an education...

Do some freaking work and get an education. IB4 idiots who think they got good grades at school while not paying attention and playing games. (Hint: you didn't)

Don't troll. -3clipse
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2011-10-12 at 02:25 PM. Reason: PM either Sunshine or Boubouille if you have a problem with the mods

10+ Year Old Account
    Your work?

Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    Same as all these babies who ask how to play games instead of getting an education...

Do some freaking work and get an education. IB4 idiots who think they got good grades at school while not paying attention and playing games. (Hint: you didn't)
    Someones bitter? The work load in a lot of education systems is extremely low. Sure you can blame the OP for not being an overachiever, but if you are even trying to suggest the workload is difficult is past a joke, slightly worrying in fact.

Deleted
    OP change your avatar, only then I can take this a little serious..

U mad bro?????

---------- Post added 2011-10-12 at 02:01 PM ----------

OK HONESTLY I DON'T CARE IF MIONE CRAFT WORKS AT MY COLLEGE

but this would be an issue if umm m idk i lived on campus

so ya If i did live on campus i would be pretty pissed if my college was forcing me to not be in games and be studying because some people don't want to study 24/7 and thus there is a reason for not blocking games on compus's ....but anyway ya

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Someones bitter? The work load in a lot of education systems is extremely low. Sure you can blame the OP for not being an overachiever, but if you are even trying to suggest the workload is difficult is past a joke, slightly worrying in fact.
    You choice of words suggests you failed school for the same reason and are now trying to make yourself feel better. "Free time" in education is not that at all. It's personal time in which you are meant to study (unless we are talking lunches) not play games.

I work in a school, I can verify my claims because every single day I see kids failing tests and dropping out of lessons because they'd rather play a game or otherwise dick about. It is incredibly sad to see.

Also, (location dependant) it is ILLEGAL to attempt to circumvent systems put in place and/or to break the centres Acceptable Use Policy. As in actually illegal. Not BLizzard "can't buy gold" illegal, ILLEGAL. You know, against the law. Schools can and will use this to kick you out if they think you aren't abiding by their rules.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if the op is in the uk or the usa.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Find another place that you can download MC. You can play it offline on your PC if they are blocking the connection for some reason.

if you have access to a server that you can SSH into (provided they do not block port 22) you can tunnel out and play that way.

Simply solution, theres endless ways to download MC and play it, assuming it is your computer and you have the ability to install applications.

If its not your computer, you shouldn't be installing anything anyways.

---------- Post added 2011-10-12 at 08:22 AM ----------

"Free time" in education is not that at all. It's personal time in which you are meant to study (unless we are talking lunches) not play games.
    I take it that when you apply to college there is fine print stating that education is a fascist system that removes choice and freewill and injects rules and educational mandates, "if you are not what we want you to be, we will refuse you an education"... Uhh, I thought schools were there to offer information and test you on it to see if you learn it, not dictate how you learn.

like i said honestly i don't care , in fact i prob shouldn't even be on it inbetween classes for the specified reason above curtisy of WartyWarlock
    and right they did make me sigh basically saying that i wouldn't host servers off the campus net
    actually I don't think the school cares that much and just wants to keep people of WoW (for obvious reasons of the server getting over loaded by players)
    and thus sadly the game does not play online while on campus

Special thanks to everyone who came in here to give good advise or have a valid discussion rather then just rant or troll.

I work in a school, I can verify my claims because every single day I see kids failing tests and dropping out of lessons because they'd rather play a game or otherwise dick about. It is incredibly sad to see.
    Theres a huge difference between kids that mix study and games and kids that are pushed by their parents so fail on purpose to get out and go work instead. It's even more worrying that as someone who apparently affects childrens' education that you assume a reason a kid doesn't do work is because they didn't have time to due to playing games. No. They simply didn't want to.

Also about my choice of words, problem? I speak as is appropriate on a gaming forum. I hardly expect to be talking to a professor about the theology of DID here.

lol this forum has taken off hasn't it kinda XD

this is the REVOLUTION! the glorious EVOLUTION!

You choice of words suggests you failed school for the same reason and are now trying to make yourself feel better. "Free time" in education is not that at all. It's personal time in which you are meant to study (unless we are talking lunches) not play games.

i personally rarely study for a test and i get among the highest scores, how? its called pay attention in class and take notes, ask questions, and study if you absolutely do not know the information well enough, if you do all this and still have time, then you should have the ability to do whatever you want, anyone saying otherwise probably doesn't know what it is like to eat and breath. (no real offense intended here)

ya but what about the people who just slack there ass off... I have seen people do this lots so ik it can happen. But then again I also know there is no need to study like a mad man if you can recall the information and have good notes on it.

---------- Post added 2011-10-13 at 11:56 PM ----------

this Threads dying off now

this is the REVOLUTION! the glorious EVOLUTION!

10+ Year Old Account
    @op, there is a way to bypass it, i cant recall the name of the web sight, but it is basically a browser with in a browser and it gets around all restrictions.
    google it, i am having no luck in finding it.

Just contact the campus IT guys.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Also, (location dependant) it is ILLEGAL to attempt to circumvent systems put in place and/or to break the centres Acceptable Use Policy. As in actually illegal. Not BLizzard "can't buy gold" illegal, ILLEGAL. You know, against the law. Schools can and will use this to kick you out if they think you aren't abiding by their rules.
    Oh shit you gotta talk about those baddies who shouldnt be in the school all from the start? Because you've let them in with lower scores than acceptable?
    Anyways thats happening in Denmark where I come from they let ppl with E and C's in and teachers all like "Oh lawd gotta get these ppl with too" and rest of the classroom like me is thinking oh shit back to 1+1.

What I am saying is get shit together instead of lying for each other and get some "noob-schools -> average schools -> elite schools" up and running I'm sick and tired of sitting in a classroom for 45mins pr. session and out of those 45mins I spend 10mins doing my work, 30mins playing pc and 5mins helping my mate with his work. And guees what lowest scoreI got was B. I believe this is the situation for about 15-20% of all students in danish schools.

I want to learn new things. And that is impossible to do with idiots around who should just go down the grocery store and stay there this includes teachers with the mind set of "Oh lawd gotta get these ppl with too." let them fail the final test and waste 3 years of their life

that was good to get that out.
    Last edited by Arcrin; 2011-10-17 at 01:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of people play games all through college, get good grades, good educations, and have good jobs out of college. Plenty of people also don't. Once you're out of college, grades don't really mean much as long as you retained the information you were supposed to and can interact in a social environment in a way that sets you ahead of others (that's the key to getting a job / promotions...)
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right