Thread: Amani bear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I got it today on my alt (HPally) and it was quite nice, never had to drink for the full run which I always wanted to do and my spirit can now provide it.

Deleted
    Got the bear myself after ~25 runs. It was just pure pain after 15 runs to watch these first timers getting boosted and winning the bear, almost every time.

I do timeds like very other run on my resto shammy.
    Last edited by mmoc602dbbf29b; 2011-10-12 at 10:35 PM.

Whenever I've failed at getting the bear (on serious attempts) it was practically always because of a slow tank. I swear those long agonizing moments where the entire group is staring at the next pull... the tank is just standing there... things are cc'd... and we're just waiting... it all adds up.

Deleted
    I`ve done timed ZA ~30 times on my pally (retri / prot), DK (blood) & shammy (resto). And i can say: no breaks = succes.

Tank is most important player as long as the healer dont need mana break. mana break = fail. And tank should make some dps as well. My DK is doing between 16 and 17k until 4th boss. With Magmaw weapon. I`m usually on the top of meters (not on the bosses ofc.).

You should`nt use CC at all. You just need to follow killing / nuke order. Scout -> Medicine Man -> Flame Caster -> rest.

You can take a look to YouTube, i saw there a guide to do Timed ZA one day. You`ll find quite usuefull tips there.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the others have said, you've just been unlucky...
    A good tank who knows the trash; what to pull and which abilities they use, what cooldowns to use when (cooldowns aren't reserved for bosses only) - will be able to push your group far. Knowing your class and character is the key here (when I say character, I mean the amount of damage you can take/healing you can push/dps you can pull).
    One tip that I can give, which most people seem to forget, is that if you stun the bear riders just below 40% and keep on dps'ing them, they won't spawn the bear when they usually split, which will make you skip a couple of mobs. When I tank it on my warrior, I try to time my concussion blow and shockwave for just that - which in my opinion is what any decent tank should do (using Hammer on my paladin ofc).