Thread: Resto in PvP

15+ Year Old Account

Resto in PvP

I've been doing RBG's a while, and have worked my way up to a 2241 rating. I'm a warlock and I've noticed I rarely, if ever, see a Resto Druid in an RBG with an MMR over 2k.

My buddy has a resto druid and never gets invited because he is a resto druid. It seems 99% of teams roll either 3 healer (disc, pally, rshaman) or 4 heal with double HPally, but never a Druid.

I personally like druids and think they are a really fun class to play. I'm curious as to why you fellow druids feel Resto is so often passed over and what, if anything can be done to fix their state. Furthermore, does anyone know if Blizzard is aware of this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been hearing more and more about the lack of representation by resto druids in rated arenas and BGs. That kinda sucks because I'm just finishing up the process of gearing up my resto druid and doing 3's with two buddies of mine. Is resto really in that bad of a state in pvp? =\ I feel like it may've been a waste to work on this char...

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I've been hearing more and more about the lack of representation by resto druids in rated arenas and BGs. That kinda sucks because I'm just finishing up the process of gearing up my resto druid and doing 3's with two buddies of mine. Is resto really in that bad of a state in pvp? =\ I feel like it may've been a waste to work on this char...
    Resto is the worst pvp healer right now. The HoT's cannot keep up with incoming damage. Sure you can find a team with 2400+ rating with an armory search that uses a resto druid, but you can do the same and find one with an Elemental Shaman or a Boomkin. So anyone who pulls that card is not helping the argument.

We could started a discussion on what lead to the demise of the druid in pvp, but there are plenty of them already in this forum and in others. Summary is: they cannot keep up with the damage in arena's and are eaten alive in rated battlegrounds.

When I was doing RBg's at the start of the xpack my resto druid seemed to function just fine, it's sad to see that all these months later, that is not the case anymore at the higher brackets.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm hearing pretty much what I figured and that is they just can't keep up with the incoming damage. Combine that with their hots getting purged as well.

So what can be done to fix them?

I've been playing lots of bgs and arenas lately as resto. the spec depends heavily on peals, cc and use of treeform.

cc makes sense, druids have the biggest toolbox in-game and should use it.

peals...well, in the past i think i could go with LESS peals. now days it seems that cheetah is just meh without help from a teammate via a snare or stun. if i cheetah form it, i already have another snare on me before im out of melee range every...single...time. its probably better to just bear form it and soak some hots and damage instead unless a teammate is there to help.

treeform...this cd is too much in one thing for druids. its our healing and survivability cd all in one, while other healers have them separate. when i need a lot of instant heals to catch up after cc or burst, i go tree. when i get hard switched to and i dont get a peal, i go tree. when i cant get heals out due to focus macros or a melee sitting on me, i go tree.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I say fix them - I mean for PvP and not something that would break the PvE balance because Resto Druids in PvE/Raiding environments are excellent.

Resto druids are the weakest healer at the moment, outside of tree form they are very simple to kill.

Though I think every class has the right spec built for RBG's at the moment (I think moonkin is prime choice) kind of like how you rarely see a ret pally but lots of teams opt for two holy paladins.

R druids arent too bad in arena but you need to play with classes that have lots of peels (AKA get carried by a mage and a warlock) but good luck finding one that will choose to play with you over a shaman.

It's too bad that Resto Druids are so weak...cause I really love playing on my Druid...

/sadpanda

Quote Originally Posted by Slotter View Post
    When I say fix them - I mean for PvP and not something that would break the PvE balance because Resto Druids in PvE/Raiding environments are excellent.
    yeah. there are a few things that could be done with little impact on pve.

1. fix the ridiculous pushback on cyclone. it currently suffers terribly from it, to the point of a 1.4 sec or so cast routinely being up around 3sec if a melee so much as breathes on you. This would have little effect in a pve setting

2. amend a talent to give an armor boost, obviously one far enough down the tree so that ferals couldnt also get it. There used to be a talent in wrath that did as much, but was dropped because full time tree form + extra armor was too strong at the time. As it is right now, druids have less armor than a shaman or pally have in their shield alone, and a priest in inner fire will also have more than a druid. The end result of this is being super squishy to all melee. Again, little effect in a pve setting.

Those are the two biggest things that stick out to me. I dont think the problem is that druids can't put up the heals like other classes, because we can still barf out a ton, if left alone. We can even be pretty bursty if your talent Nature's Bounty and Living seed. The problem is survivability. We are just too squishy, mostly to melee, right now.