Red Faction: Armageddon 75% off on Steam

Title say's it all.

75% off on all Red Faction games.

That's $12.50 for a fairly new game. It's definitely not worth the $50 it normally is, from what I hear, but this sale makes up for that.

Red Faction: Armageddon was a fun game. Very linear, but fun. It's well worth the $12.50. Magnet gun FTW!

I heard Armageddon was a disappointment to the Red Faction series as it didn't feature destruction (to the extent of RF1 or 3) and had very linear gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    I heard Armageddon was a disappointment to the Red Faction series as it didn't feature destruction (to the extent of RF1 or 3) and had very linear gameplay.
    Well that is not true. RF: Armageddon has just as much destruction as Guerrilla from what I can tell. But it's not an open world. It's super linear in comparison.

Graphics are great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slomoshun View Post
    Well that is not true. RF: Armageddon has just as much destruction as Guerrilla from what I can tell. But it's not an open world. It's super linear in comparison.

Graphics are great though.
    From what I've seen it's all scripted, expected destruction, not destroy anything you want. I miss RF1 for that and LAN parties

Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    From what I've seen it's all scripted, expected destruction, not destroy anything you want. I miss RF1 for that and LAN parties
    Well, have you played it? Because I have.

A game being scripted or linear(RF:A) compared to a game being and open world(RF:G) has nothing to do with destruction.

I've only played about an hr of the game and everything I come across I can bash to shit with my hammer.

Deleted
    I really enjoyed this game and as everyone said - That Magnet Gun, imo was one of the best weapons ever on any FPS/3rdPS ive ever played, the regenerating area you just destroyed was cool, nice & easy very linear but very enjoyable game
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2011-10-13 at 10:18 AM.

Bump. Just a reminder this sale ends soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up Red Faction (the first one) for $2.50. I haven't heard anything good about any of the other games in the series, but I remember the first one getting rave reviews. It actually looks pretty decent for a game that's 10 years old.