Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i always thought moonkin form should look more like malfurion... for male at least.. and like that one annoying npc that says she wants to hug bears in hyjal.. the one that gives you all the save the animal dailies for female form

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said it's optional if you like the current form you can still keep it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    I think a Nymph model would be a lot cooler for druid caster form. Moonkins... I just want to fry them up and eat them!
    Son of Cenarius for male, Frozen Sister for female

Actually more options should be presented for every class.

Multiple versions of demons; lightning/ice/fire cat/bear/moonkin form; etc
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, why do people roll a shapeshifting class THEN complain about the shapeshifting? Not that I wouldnt mind seeing something new on the forms themselves, but if you wanted to look at your Epeen Gear all the time, theres 9 other classes to choose from.....

Druid since release MAINLY for the shapeshifting

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mana23 View Post
    That would suck, without 15% dr we would die so quick lol.
    not if they rolled it into the spec. I think having a glyph to remove the visual but keep the benefits of the aura is the most reasonable middle ground. it keeps everyone happy.

Generally, not. Not since t6 and i didnt even play druid back then. Also, i would appreciate some new look aswell. It gets kinda dull and boring looking the same all the time while nuking bosses.
    it gets even more dull and boring looking like a fat ugly moonkin the entire time. Transmog breaks the mould if you have any creative fiber in your being.

---------- Post added 2011-10-12 at 07:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do people roll a shapeshifting class THEN complain about the shapeshifting? Not that I wouldnt mind seeing something new on the forms themselves, but if you wanted to look at your Epeen Gear all the time, theres 9 other classes to choose from.....

um no, there was no ToL or Moonkin form at release sorry. Druids shapeshift all the time. I use flight form, travel form regularly instead of mounts. I use kitty to stealth around, I use bear to bash stun things attacking me for control. I do all of this as a resto druid. Shapeshifting is fine, being FORCED to keep a form that makes no sense whatsoever and is merely a vehicle for an aura that should be rolled into the spec is flatout ridiculous. If you want to stay in a form full time you can be feral since that is what the spec is about, being a cat or bear. Balance is not about being a fat piece of crap moonkin and resto is not about waddling around a tree. Not in lore, not at release, and should never be the case, ever. Don't tell the rest of us to go roll a different class because of some erroneous notion as to what a druid is about.
    Last edited by Darnassian; 2011-10-13 at 02:35 AM.

Ch'yeah I never got this either, and I think it'd be a tragedy if they got rid of the form and gave it a CD like resto. Healers are already so homogenized that there's really NO difference at all except for the way they look, and trees were awesome...

What next do druids want? Humanoid feral form? "Ravage" the boss with your staff? Rip him? Shred him with your scarey humanoid fingers? Don't make me laugh.
    Good griefffffffs.

But yeah all for new owlbear skins, and a few colour options for them too, would be swell.
    Hope this is on the plate for next xpac, I'd 'deff consider going boomkin if they made it nicer looking.
    Last edited by Fraise; 2011-10-13 at 02:37 AM. Reason: owlburrrrs
    I'm a buff baby that can dance like a man,
    I can shake-ah my fanny, I can shake-ah my can
    I'm a tough tootin' baby, i can punch-ah yo' buns
    Punch-ah yo buns, I can punch all yo buns
    If you're an evil witch, I will punch you for fun!

I hope so. But create a minor glyph for the original to keep the other percentage of players happy.
    I rather they redo travel form first. A place holder model for 6 years? Come on blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    I hope so. But create a minor glyph for the original to keep the other percentage of players happy.
    I rather they redo travel form first. A place holder model for 6 years? Come on blizz!
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't intended as a placeholder model exactly, because I remember them talking about the original travel form being a deer or stag or something.(Which would have been pretty cool, and made sense, since there's not really any other cheetas in the game...)

But yeah that one definitely needs some love too.

And another thing, I think I would have enjoyed Vashjir more if they'd remade aquatic, and if they plan to more underwater stuff, which I bet but left buttock they are,(Way too proud of the X-Y-Z axis thing they have going there) I hope they do.

Honeslt I think they could fix everything by putting in vanity glyphs for all of it. Humanoid glyph for balance and resto,(feral doesn't make any sense for that) Glyph for the old forms, for the die-hard lovers, and the new ones as normal. Solves everything.

Tree of life would still be a CD, maybe shift from humanoid to tree of life if you're glyphed to looks humanoid, or grow bigger/more branches/leaves when you pop ToL in tree form.
    I'm a buff baby that can dance like a man,
    I can shake-ah my fanny, I can shake-ah my can
    I'm a tough tootin' baby, i can punch-ah yo' buns
    Punch-ah yo buns, I can punch all yo buns
    If you're an evil witch, I will punch you for fun!

I just registered at MMO to answer this post.

I think there is some missunderstanding about what the shapeshifts were at launch. Shapeshift (or keeping a form) was about changing what the drood do. In that regard travel form made us run faster (and don´t do anything else :P), aquatic form made us swim faster (and don´t do anything else), cat form made us become rogues and bear form made us become protection warriors. What I am trying to say is that SS is about changing what you do and how you do it.

Tree and Moonkin Form, never changed what we do. We were still casters, nothing more, nothing less. The new Tree changes how we heal, so it went back to classic to recover a bit of the feeling what our forms meant, and what shapeshift is all about. Tree was introduced for PvP reasons, the reasoning was that tree form was about tanking as a healer in pvp, it was meant to boost armor and other stats to help the drood withstand damage taken in PvP, so we had to choose about walking slow and having better defensive stats or not being in tree and having mobility. The moonkin form was introduced as a regen talent, we went on moonkin form to melee hit the mobs and get mana back, that is all there is to it. It also gave us some defense for PvP, far weak if compared to tree, but didn´t take out mobility as trees did. These are the reasons these forms were created for.

They don´t change what we do (being a caster), they don´t benefit us in anyway, they are just graphics for no reason in game. That said. I prefer the new tree of life form graphics, and I also prefer its new mechanics as a cooldown, because it changes how our spells works and what we do while in that form, and it is an awesome raid healing tool with mana recovery implications (lifebloom spam + free regrowths instant cast (OoC)).

I would prefer that moonkin was a cooldown that changes what I do while in dps caster form. If not, at least a graphical upgrade would be awesome. If not, at least have the option to use it or not. (I will miss the form anyway, just because I am used to look at it haha). I probably would prefer a remake to a dream walker form... similar to a shadow form, but green with leaves, lol.

Anyway, may we get something cool out of it. But sincerely, you need to understant what SS means/meant in WoW to begin with.
    Last edited by Soultrigger; 2011-10-13 at 03:23 AM.

Deleted
    Maybe they will do a moonkin form like the new shadow form, or like the tree form 3min cd or w/e

15+ Year Old Account
    A glyph would be nice for those who hate the form, please don't make it a cooldown. I, myself, would like a resolution update for every race and the moonkin form.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    >Hopefully yes

most likely no

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I have a feeling they will make it where you can have more customization with all forms druids take not just boomkin. I mean who says only bears make good tanks? I'd like gorilla or turtle form ya know? Also, worgen druids should not have a cat form they should change into wolves.

15+ Year Old Account
    When blizzard improved cat and bear form, developers had said they would update boom and travel forms. I dont mind be an lazer chicken, but at least update the model a bit.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Sigh... Remember when the rumors about balance getting moonkin form were treated like a joke? As opposed to the joke it was treated like after it was put in...

There are a lot reason why I can't stand spec'ing Balance, despite originally making my Druid at release entirely because I wanted a caster that could turn invisible. And while the visual appearance is probably not even in the top three reasons I can't stand the play style; getting rid of that fat, awkward, chris farly dancing, reskinned ogre model would go a long way in making me overlook the spec's actual problems.

Here are 2 valid reasons:

1.) because some play Druid since Vanilla and there was NO MOONKIN form
    2.) because some players like the moonkin gameplay but not the moonkin form

Transmog has nothing to do with epeen, everyone can get old cool sets. People like to see it. It's a game after all and not just pretty math homework.

On the other hand, balance wasn't a viable spec until after they added moonkin and fixed it to no longer breathe through it's feet. So most of those people still made this decision willingly.

Also, if you're in combat, stop staring at your god damn armor and pay attention. And if you're not, what's stopping you from leaving 'kin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    I think a Nymph model would be a lot cooler for druid caster form. Moonkins... I just want to fry them up and eat them!
    THAT is what I want. But for Resto >_>

All druid specs have a form: Tank=Bear Feral Dps=Cat Balance=Moonkin Resto=(form removed)

You knew what you were getting into, but on the other hand I do wish i could swap my moonkin form for a Snookie form from Jersey Shore, and Moonkin for PvP? We are the most UP class in the game right now for PvP, only thing we are somewhat good for in PvP are RBG if we had behind a rock and blast people lol. You should get noggenfire thingys to make you look smaller though, maybe that will help

Deleted
    new mookin form wold be so nice ^^