Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    All druid specs have a form: Tank=Bear Feral Dps=Cat Balance=Moonkin Resto=(form removed)

You knew what you were getting into
    No, no, no, like has been said before, some of us made our druids when Feral was the only tree that had anything to do with forms; and we were quite happy when that damn tree was turned into a much needed burst cooldown and even more saddened when the chicken wasn't.
    Last edited by mrsake; 2011-10-14 at 08:38 PM.

That was before anything but resto was viable for playing.
    Oh, and i started back then to, and i'd rather have 'kin the way it is now than as a cooldown, so stop speaking as if everybody had the same opinion as you.

I don't get the mentality of some Druids. "Oh we're Druids how dare you ask for not having to look at an ugly Chicken". Where is the harm in having the OPTION to turn it off.. with a glyph OR like the Shadow Priests shadowform now on the PTR (shadowform has two buffs one with the stats and the other with only the form itself that you can cancel)

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That was before anything but resto was viable for playing.
    Frankly resto wasn't even that viable back then except for raid healing. They were the only healer that actually needed to spec into their healing tree to do anything worth a crap back then. Hell and shammys could out heal, out nuke, out melee, and even out tank druids.

But yes, a gylph would be fine too.

My friend told me to post this here. I vote for this updated moonkin form!

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    All druid specs have a form: Tank=Bear Feral Dps=Cat Balance=Moonkin Resto=(form removed)

You knew what you were getting into, but on the other hand I do wish i could swap my moonkin form for a Snookie form from Jersey Shore, and Moonkin for PvP? We are the most UP class in the game right now for PvP, only thing we are somewhat good for in PvP are RBG if we had behind a rock and blast people lol. You should get noggenfire thingys to make you look smaller though, maybe that will help
    That is really a weak point, since when I started playing in 2004 there was no such things as moonkin or tree form.

I was having a discussion about this w/ a friend and that Blizz should make it so that upon entering eclipse state the Moonkin should be a Firekin or something similar for Solar and a Shadowkin or something to that effect for Lunar, like how you said Shadow Priests! IDK, just and idea! Then by the appearance of your toon you know which eclipse state you are in and don't have to take your eyes off the game field!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    I predict that it will be changed into a cooldown similar to how tree of life works for resto. This will happen in the next expansion and be the "big thing" for Balance in 5.0.
    I would hate that so much :<

Just give us the same animations/emotes that everyone else has and I'll be happy, honestly it's a complete joke doing /cheer and just standing there like a lemon doing nothing. Not to mention all the others we lack. Even tree form has a /cheer for god's sake!

I'd kill for a glyph that would change moonkin form to some sort of "Celestial" graphic effect overlayed on your character. Sort of like Algalon the Observer. It would make a nice lunar contrast to moonkin's more nature-y appearance.

should be able to change the feather colors like the fur for cat and bear

Quote Originally Posted by RyanRetnolds View Post
    Just make it so Moonkin form wears armor, they're similar in shape to some kind of Taurn-Dranei hybrid.
    no, they use the ogre animations/skeleton

10+ Year Old Account
    A approve of the laser walrus idea. This would be a welcome change for me and I may actually spec my druid balance, just for that!

Deleted
    pink : End of discussion i know u all secrtely want it

Best dance in the game....not even close

Boomkins forever!!!

I wouldn't wish what happened to Tree of Life Form on any other Druid form. I know some Druids that stopped playing that class, or the game completely after that change. I think the reverse of the cooldown should be implemented for Balance Druids. Let them have a cooldown that turns them into caster form, while still maintaining the aura while a spirit Moonkin separates from them and continues casting what they do. Upon the cooldown's completion the spirit Moonkin returns to the Druid and they become one whole Moonkin again.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

I'm hoping for a model update sometime soon. I enjoy the form...but the skin of it is just ghastly. The new Cat and Bear forms look clean...even when you turn the graphics up to ultra...Moonkins will never be pretty.

In PoM expac you'll have a minor glyph to give it a white coat with black spots if that helps.

As far as I know, the Feral forms were updated for Wrath, and ToL for Cataclysm. I would hazard to guess that some kind of aesthetic change will be coming for Balance with 5.0.

Deleted
    I never understood why we have to change into an owlbear to be better at casting magic. To my knowledge even moonkin or wildkin npc's and mobs don't cast magic and lore-wise no druid has had to change into a form to cast magic.

The feral forms actually change mechanics and abilities, but there is no reason why I have to change into a less intelligent creature to be better at casting magic.

On top of that; the moonkin form still uses the mob models and is just butt ugly. So I really hope they change it (though doubtful) or at least give me the option to remove it with a gylph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsake View Post
    I'd kill for a glyph that would change moonkin form to some sort of "Celestial" graphic effect overlayed on your character. Sort of like Algalon the Observer. It would make a nice lunar contrast to moonkin's more nature-y appearance.
    That would be so sweet.