Dark Jedi or Sith?

Are the "Sith” in the game real Sith or fake? I read once on the Star Wars comic, Legacy, that Sith should only be the master and the apprentice and no one else. In the comic Darth Kryate (don't know how it’s spelled) tries to unite all Sith to create an order and so calls upon the Sith Lords of old for guidance. They basically tell him that its impossible for more than two Siths to exist since they would all kill each other until only one reign supreme, that it’s the Sith way.
    In KoTOR there are Dark Jedi and then Malak was the Sith, so my question would be. Is the term Sith been used loosely for propaganda or does the lore permit for it to been used in mass quantities.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sith Empire are the "real" Sith, the descendants of the original Sith race and their union between the dark Jedi who splintered from the original Jedi Order. This is also 2000 years before the Rule of Two was invented.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

they are the real sith order, the rule of two (only one master and one apprentice) was introduced by darth bane, who lived about 2000 years after the time of swtor

The Sith are a species, like human or Twi'lek. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_%28species%29

The idea of a "Sith Empire" was originally conceived by "true" Sith, but now (in the Old Republic timeline) encompasses many species willing to fight against the Republic, humans and "pureblood Sith" alike. http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/al...es/sith-empire

Yeah, the whole concept of Sith was redefined pretty heavily once the books and video games got going. I like it better now though.

Thank for the explenation everyone, I keep forgetting the most important part of any story, the timeline. Now that I look closely the Sith in the game do look red just like the Sith species.

15+ Year Old Account
    The original Sith empire was founded by Dark jedi, if you read the lore you would know that they were banished out of republic space after the hundred-year Darkness in 6,900 BBY.

Ajunta Pall, XoXaan and Karness Muur were part of those exiles.

They found the warlike Sith specie, enslaved them and they stole their name for their empire.

Later, cross species inbreeding helped to the rise of powerful pure-blood Sith lord.
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-10-13 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    The original Sith empire was founded by Dark jedi, if you read the lore you would know that they were banished out of republic space after the hundred-year Darkness in 6,900 BBY.

Ajunta Pall, XoXaan and Karness Muur were part of those exiles.

They found the warlike Sith specie, enslaved them and they stole their name for their empire.

Later, cross species inbreeding helped to the rise of powerful pure-blood Sith lord.
    According to the SWTOR site, the idea of an Empire was only created after many years of Dark Jedi interbreeding with the original Sith, and a new Sith culture was born as a result. It was this new Sith culture that conceived of the Sith Empire, not the Jedi that had landed there generations prior, and it was also these Sith-Jedi half-breeds that called themselves "purebloods" since they were the upper-echelon of this new society.