Disc priest, help me out with my stats plz

Hello, i recently got back into raiding. Im a disc priest healer.

This is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndcrave/simple

I have been looking at sites like ask mr robot and it tells me to basically keep stacking spirit and mastery non-stop. This is what I have been doing. Im currently 4/7 of the FLs My heals seem okay, but i just want to get better. Are my stats fine or do i need to change with reforging? What are your thoughts.

(Im not asking u about my actual items, as they will improve, but asking about my stats.)

Thanks in advance.

This is such a tired old debate :/. Beware askmrrobot, beware anyone that answers with some precise stat weight.

Disc is unique, any stat priority is fine as long as your playstyle matches. I'd frankly recommend going over to EJ and just doing exactly what they say until you understand it all a little better.

As zak said, stat priority can change depending on playstyle, role, raid comp, etc.

In general, the weight of MST is tied directly to the % of damage resolved done by PW:S, as all other spells benefit more from HST then CRT, assuming your overheal is low.

If you can provide a parse, it would be much more helpful in providing you some more specific answers.

Without it, this thread is likely to find itself with an application of Liquid Thread Lock™.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    This is such a tired old debate :/. Beware askmrrobot, beware anyone that answers with some precise stat weight.

Disc is unique, any stat priority is fine as long as your playstyle matches. I'd frankly recommend going over to EJ and just doing exactly what they say until you understand it all a little better.
    Qft, when people ask this question they end up getting loads of replies all with different stat weights and all saying how you should play the class, they are not wrong in what they say but their stat weights are based around how they play and it very rarely matches how another priest plays theirs.

Mr robot is fine as long as you understand what it is that it's telling you, the default stat weights in Mr robot are for a heavy use bubble spec its not a bad spec and its not the wrong spec as long as you are putting the bubbles and regen to good use, you should change Mr robots stat weights acording to what role you play in the raid, what spells you make best use of.

For example my personal stat weights in mr robot are;

int = 100
    crit = 60
    master = 50
    haste = 45
    spirit = 1

My role is the tank healer so I need big heals ( crit ) but I also spend a lot of time raid healing when the tanks are not in danger ( even ish mastery / haste, haste is lower because I gain it with raid buffs ) and mana is no issue even with as low as 1200 spirit and no proc or trinkets with spirit.

So as you can see my stat weights reflect my play style and feed me back info on how to get the most from the gear I have, but with that said I don't strictly fallow what it tells me as with those stat weights it tells me to gem crit and in regards to BIS items the list for me is borked since I set spirit to 1 it removes all tier items so I have to manually choose my best in slot items then balance raid buffed stats to what I actually want.

So at the end of the day MR robot is purely for reference to assist you with your class reforging, gemming and gearing I wouldn't recommend anyone fallowing what it says exactly.

That doesn't exactly answer your question but I hope it helps you understand where to start looking, which is mainly at how you play your self and how each stat can assist you.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-10-13 at 07:30 AM.

Basically, it depends on your raidcomp, healer role, raidsize and ofc on your heal style. Best advice I could give you is:

As Discipline Priest stack as much Int as possible, haste till "you feel comfortable with speed of your heals" (most people like 2,2s and lower cast time on big heals), then mastery and dont care about crit at all (it will come with int and gear).
    - that's raidhealer 10 man PoV
    - in certain situations you could have another preferences, but ... haste (comfortable level) is really good for raidhealing and for tankhealing too (some guides show it as mandatory)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's preference & style for sure. There is a decent article on the wow forums about the debate
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2955935641#20

I will echo everyone's statement above and say its all about your play style and your comp/role in the raid.

My Disc Priest typically does both Tank Healing and Raid Healing. I stacked Haste to 12% then have an even amount of Crit and Mastery.

Mr. Robot is telling you to stack stats that would give you the best ability to spam PW:S on everyone; it takes a lot of mana (Spirit) and your want your shields to be able to absorb the most amount of damage possible (Mastery). Haste has no value because PW:S is insta-cast and Crit has limited use because you arn't trying to get DA to proc as much (though when it does, it'll have a nice absorb amount).

reforge out of spirit its ur worst stat into haste / crit
    mastery is ok but haste / crit is better

you want about 1500 spirit unbuffed

spirit 1800 with tsunami should be enough

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it something about haste for 10 mans and mastery for 25 mans?

This thread has officially nowhere interesting to go.

15+ Year Old Account
    The hell is that?

Liquid Thread Lock™. The fast drying sealant specifically designed to protect threaded areas from corrosion.
    Last edited by [-Spiritus-]; 2011-10-16 at 09:36 PM.