Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Smile PVE, RP, or PVP?

I was curious to see what most of you like to do in an mmo and if you planned on trying something new. Personally all I ever did in wow was pvp and would have leveled through it if there was that option over quests.

However when guild wars 2 comes out I don't plan on leveling through pvp I am very interested in my characters personal story and the dynamic events I will probably do a lot more PVE and roleplaying when I have done virtually none of that in wow.

I am super excited for this game!! what are your plans to do when the game comes out?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to do everything... every...thing....
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

15+ Year Old Account
    pvp holds no interest for me. I like cooperative play, not competitive.

I usually do the PvP/PvE gig, but with GW2 I'm debating dabbling in RP a bit more than I have in the past. It seems like there's some decent support for it in the game.

PvP because it was fun in Guild Wars 1 and looks so much better for 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvE mostly but I'm probably going to dabble in PvP in GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm not sure there will be separate servers for RP. I think I read somewhere that they wanted to not condemn the RPers to an island (server) of their own. They want us to branch into PvE and PvP servers and make a name for ourselves (I suppose).

I'll be doing mostly RP and PvE, and a little PvP on the side once I get use to my profession. Looking so forward to finally playing a female Charr! Especially after reading their historic significance to the charr. First they were cast out, then the grandcub of Pyre Fierceshot redeemed the females by slaughtering the Shaman caste, and then they reestablished themselves into charr society, becoming equal again to the males.

My little charr is part of an off-branch of the Iron Legion, not sure on what to call it yet, and she serves them to the T. She takes her role as an Engineer very seriously, but otherwise has a relaxed, even sarcastic/jokey feel to her

I just drew her recently after I saw the face choices on www.secretagentcat.com

My gal: http://kankurosdoll.deviantart.com/a...lood-263152689

PvX. Playing just one aspect of the game all the time tends to bore me rather quickly. I like to mix it up a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    I just drew her recently after I saw the face choices on www.secretagentcat.com

My gal: http://kankurosdoll.deviantart.com/a...lood-263152689
    Great illustration! I am surprised you chose that face to be honest. Going to go for number 5 from that image myself. The first 4 seem too stereotypically cute, 6 looks like a grandmamma and 8 has some derpy eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Great illustration! I am surprised you chose that face to be honest. Going to go for number 5 from that image myself. The first 4 seem too stereotypically cute, 6 looks like a grandmamma and 8 has some derpy eyes.
    Yeah, it was a tough choice between #1 and #7. But my hubby chose his male charr being very grizzled looking, so I thought about it for a while.

My thoughts took me back to the Worgen. I had hoped for more neutral looking characters, where you couldn't tell the males from the females much like real wolves (unless you're willingly to look under the tail!). So looking at the charr and their "new" culture (no magic, just steel and machines) I set out to make her look just as mean as the males. And of course, in my searching on the net, I found that website with all the faces. I looked through them all and instantly fell in love with #7! Mean, determined, and fierce enough to challenge any dragon!

I'll steadily be working on my other characters. I drew some of them before I saw all the faces/horns/manes, so there's much work to be done!

Deleted
    I'll likely focus more on PvE, but I will go take a good beating in PvP every now and then, too. It's not something I do too often because, well, I'm not terribly good at PvP, but it's good for the lazy "I'm bored out of my skull" - moments.

As for RP: meh. I do my RP solo, I find it more pleasing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna do all three. Not sure which will be the least done but I know I'll try to become good at both the PvE and the PvP. The RPing I'm already quite decent at, this is just a different medium I've got to get used to here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Snip
    I love the whole female charr story and what arenanet did with them its pretty unique imo and I like how the difference between the male and female are subtle.

never done any rp in a MMO as you'll always be limited by what you can do in the game.
    i'm mostly a PvE type as most MMOs PvP balance is usually shit (Wow didn't make an exception to that). GW1 was one of those games which PvP i believe was enjoyable and very well balanced, hope GW2 will be the same.

Deleted
    All of it.

EV-ER-Y-TH-I-NG! Never been a real PvP'er, but in Guild Wars 1 I did alot of it, and in Guild Wars 2.... even more!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I'm going to do everything... every...thing....
    this and many many alts and do everything on all alts

Deleted
    Do ALL the things! <insert meme image>

RP and PvE just comes naturally to me in a games like these. However, PvP usually doens't, but PvP in GW2 looks just badass! I will do everything on all my toons!

pve for sure and since there is not a stat like resilience to separate pve from pvp I think I will also do pvp cause it seems it will be fun :P but I will do casual pvp and most of WvWvW.. I have no intention to go into arenas, I don't like counter strike, I like MMO.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    Do ALL the things! <insert meme image>

RP and PvE just comes naturally to me in a games like these. However, PvP usually doens't, but PvP in GW2 looks just badass! I will do everything on all my toons!