Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Holy Pally: How much spirit do you raid with?

I'm curious to know the average amount of spirit Holy Paladins are running with. I'm currently 5/7HM and 382 equipped on this alt with H Baleroc as a work in progress. I have 2977 spirit after a couple upgrades with Tsunami Card and H Jaws as my trinkets. I feel like I have a LOT of spirit, especially in comparison to my Disc Priest main, but I suppose I can't exactly compare the two in terms of mana regen. So I'd like to know how much spirit everyone else has. If you could, also mention your current raiding experience. Thanks ^^

My Armory (open to all criticism): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...icita/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    2991 Spirit at the moment. 280 iLvl and 6/7HC experience. Still got some crappy pieces tho, including Zandalari Shoulders and Mace and my relic is 346 still. /Supersadface.jpg
    Rest is 378/391 and a couple of 359 pieces(CoR and a ring)

I'm curious as to why you're wondering such a thing?

Deleted
    I expect he is wondering it as some classes are dropping spirit (druids for example are under 2k mostly), unfortuantly i dont know the answer for holy paladins, try plusheal perhaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for Holy Paladins it's pretty much Spirit/Haste and screw the rest. Mastery is crap and crit is overall a pretty bad healing stat because of unreliability and overhealing. So maximizing Spirit and Haste is the way to go.

3016, and that's with using 3 non-spirit pieces (Sinestra cloak, 378 rep belt, tier gloves). If I used the rep cloak instead (the Sinestra one is BiS due to it having a yellow socket which is needed for meta activation), the conclave belt and the Ryolith gloves, I would be at 3200 or so, more if I went human.

For standard stat priority, (unless you're going with an unconventional mastery build), stat priority is still INT>Spirit>Haste>Mastery/Crit. If you're close to the holy radiance breakpoint (1859 for 14th tick), haste may move above spirit until you hit it. However, moreso than any other healer, we can never have too much regen. Until you're at the point where you can spam Divine Lights pretty much nonstop, more regen means more HL converted to Divine Lights.

Deleted
    7/7 heroic 10-man here.

I'm at 3095 spirit, with a SoW to boot, I've been wondering about dropping some spirit for throughput stats but honestly it's just not worth it, more spirit = more DL:s = more healing. We 2-heal every boss now anyway (heroic 10-man) so the extra spirit comes in handy for certain bosses. As a paladin you basically never stop getting more spirit, it doesn't really matter if you feel you can make-do with less, it's simply better than any of the alternatives out there. For certain other classes it's different (druids with infinite mana etc.) but for us it's int>spirit>haste all the way unless you go for a full mastery set for pure tank-healing in 25:s.

6/7 heroic 10-man.
    3290 spirit +maloriac trinket for extra 500-ish on hard mana consuming fights (Ragna heroic for ex.). Pretty much all gear with +spi except 1 trinket. Gotta bevery useful in 4.3 when they add +30% spirit-based mana regen in combat

Deleted
    7/7hc 10man

2856spirit and no SoW still no mana issues at all. We 2 man heal all of the bosses. 3k spirit if i take out 4set and use rhyo hc gloves.

Too much spirit indeed, i never have mana issues, i am gonna get Majordomo necklace instead of rhylioth one, simply more haste, more intellect, and less spirit since its from reforge.

Deleted
    Allso depends what the other healer/s do. Like i boost our priest to get wol rankings on rhyo hc and just not use too much healing spells until ph2 =). I still prob go for more spirit in 4.3 since the judgement change.

3160 spirit, the only boss that I really had mana issue with was Baleroc before all the nerfs. After the nerfs it feels like I never go below 50% mana

6/7 heroic 10
    3626 w/ 5 stacks of dmc tsunami, and I'm not using a pure spirit trinket(i.e. rep trinket) It'll be much less once i switch out for the heroic teir gloves, domo's neck, and the cloak of alsyrazor. The only time I even come close to 0 is beth.

I'm running with quite a bit more spirit than is actually needed (6/7 H 10m) about 3.4k spirit without tsunami proccs UB. I do this mainly for emergencies, for instances last night our priest died on major hc at about 80% and well I just ended up solo healing the rest of the fight (failed at 5% when we wiped due to slow stacking though - /facepalm).
    I like being safe for emergencies and since we don't always have the perfect setup and sometimes just disregard replenishment I have a lot of spirit (and I raid with a holy priest in 10m - she doesn't like disc :P)
    Still waiting for competitive PvP to not be a trainwreck...

Deleted
    2768 spirit 6/7 25HC. Often 5 healers. No trouble with mana unless something happens that shouldn't happen :P

2817 Before DMC:T starts up. 6/7 HC
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

3043 Spirit (w/o DMC:T) - 6/7 HM

Some people recently have been advocating that we may have reached the point where a very well geared Pally has "enough" Spirit and should reforge into Mastery or Crit. The argument is that if you're ending fights with lots of mana left over, your Spirit is being wasted and even the crappy improvement of Crit or Mastery is better than getting nothing at all from wasted Spirit.

The point is valid, but I think the solution is incorrect. If you end fights with tons of unused mana, you are indeed wasting your Spirit itemization. However, I think the solution is not to drop Spirit, but rather to drop a Healer. I think a lot of this viewpoint comes from the fact that 6/7 HM is a complete joke. The only hard fight left in this tier is HM Rag. And the mana and Spirit demands of that fight are not cut and dry.

I don't think well geared/progressed Pallies are wrong for dropping Spirit at this time, but I would (and have in my raids) favor dropping a Healer. It keeps things more interesting.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    Hard to drop in 10mans =) allready 2 manning all the bosses. But hmm there is a point a could try next week. Solo heal Shannox, Rhyo and maybe alysrazor and domo just to make things interesting instead of 1 day FL clear wich is boring if i may say. Prob will fail big time but atleast would be fun to see if it can be done it this state

That's a good point. I was thinking in terms of my 25 man raid group. I suppose that 10 man groups would find it hard to drop a Heal if they're only running with two. It's all kind of a moot point anyway. We clear content in three hours every Tuesday. Not much use in min/max-ing when shit just falls over when you look at it funny.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2011-10-13 at 05:14 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

7/7 H - 25M

I don't think the idea of dropping Spirit for throughput stats is a good idea at all in a standard haste/spirit setup. If you find that you're ending fights with too much mana, you are likely to gain more output by using that excess mana to convert more HL to DL and even use FoL a little more than normal than you will gain from adding more crit or mastery. If that extra healing will be overheal, the fight is too easy for the gearing to matter anyway.

On heavily nerfed content like 6/7 HM, adding mastery will tend to look better on meters, because the absorbs will be near 100% effective and take precendence over heals. However, all that you're really doing is sniping direct heals and HoT ticks by doing that, increasing other healers' overhealing. It looks good for your epeen, but really doesn't do anything to help the raid.

Thank you for all the replies! I don't feel nearly as crazy now for having so much spirit =P It's funny because over at the Priest forums, the amount of spirit people have (generally as Disc) is usually low 2000s, compared to the high 2000s-3000s here. I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing, and keep stacking my spirit and haste