Thread: Your First Day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I didn't learn about coal/making torches right away; I just new that bad things came in the night, and could climb in/shoot through windows and such. And there weren't beds in the game yet, so I dug myself a little cave, blocked the entrance in with dirt, and made a little hole in the ceiling over a pit so I could see when the sun came up. Then I spent a long and desolate night hiding from the bad things while I willed the sun to rise!

My first day I remember cutting down trees and stuff, I built the smallest house ever (probably about 2x2 space to walk around in). After I built it I was really happy with it and went exploring, I lost my house but found a creeper pretty obvious what happens after that. After that I built a new house and spent a couple of days on it, then I came across my old house on the beach.

Fun stuff ^^
    EU Bnet: Sevaara#2622
    Restoration Druid, Mistweaver Monk, Protection Paladin

Minecraft should be labelled a Horror game.

I found an underground cave, filled with delights such as Gold, Redstone, Lapis Lazuli, and even Diamonds! Just one problem: Skeletons. Zombies. Endermen. And fucking Creepers.

At one point I was digging quite contently, mining some coal, when a Creeper drops right on my fucking head. You can guess what happened next. I literally screamed so loud. D:

I have since put the game on Peaceful and have no intention of bringing the monsters back. :<

to not get lost:

- build high 1 block towers to top of the world if you go out for exploring
    - make a compass, needs 4 iron and 1 redstone dust (it will point to spawnpoint)
    - build a bed asap and use it so the next time you die you will spawn in your house
    - make a map ( 8 paper and a compass in middle)

when in caves:
    - always put torches on your left side of the room only. When you return only follow torches on the right side of the room.
    - bring blocks that are not generally seen in caves, like glass, and use them to mark your way.
    - use signs (1 stick with 6 wooden blocks above)

on my first day i mainly remember the endless options i thought there were to build things. When i made a crafting bench i thought there had to be larger ones too with like 5x5 building places, and that i could build very very many things. :P
    It ruined a bit of the fun when i discovered the minecraft wiki.

My first day I spent on a friend's server, who had some type of mod that could spawn items for you. I spawned myself a diamond shovel and pick axe, and went to town. I found a lake, and made a building mostly of glass down to the bottom...them kept digging and clearing. I built an entire underground 'castle' of sorts in one night. Next morning I log in, and everyone's freaking out at the place. I'd apparently built more in one night than the server mods had done the entire time they'd played lol. I eventually made TNT and blew out all of the blocks between my place and the water, so I had a nice underwater city.

The first time I played single player, I think I died at least 3 times every night >.> The map I spawned didn't have a large body of water readily available from the start, so I decided to build on solid ground for once. I didn't survive long.

I spent my first Minecraft day out on some plains with a few trees and nothing else. I was talking to someone on MSN at the time and asking what the heck I needed to do. So he guided me through the basics of chopping down some wood and whatnot. I seemed pretty pleased when I'd cut down a few trees, but then I noticed it was getting dark and I freaked out a bit. I asked what to do and I was told to hide, so I ran off to find a place I could indeed hide.

Eventually I found a darkish cave with some coal, managed to make some torches and lit the inside up as instructed. I hid in my little cave, but I had no door, so eventually I had to watch in horror as a mob of zombies marched into my cave, trapped me and mauled me to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleggy View Post
    I kinda spoilt my 1st day because i watched a few yogcast video's.
    same here, watched some yogscast and looked up most of the crafting recipes so I wouldn't spend my first week trying to craft items that didn't exist.

I spawned on a desert, wandered a bit and came to a comfortable looking grassy with trees biome, the problem being that every time I wandered out to go find something I'd get lost and have trouble finding my home again. eventually I built this huge cross shape over my house that extended in all 4 cardinal directions to make my home more of a landmark (a dirt cave with a cobblestone roof counts as a "home"...)

as I realized that place I was at had absolutely nothing worth staying for, I moved on and stumbled upon a sweet spot for a cave-by-the-sea, built into the side of a mountain. I built several large mines near there and still didn't find a single diamond. maybe one stack of iron, yea this place sucks, but I finally got the material for a map, I venture forth to a bizarre red dot sticking out on my map. I see a large pool of lava there and instantly think "lava moat!" and construction of my current castle began.

it annoyed me so i stopped playing.

That was pretty awesome

I think I spent my first night running around killing shit. Hiding's for pussies. Just LOS Skeletons using trees and terrain and kill them when they get close. Zombies and Creepers aren't a threat as long as you slash them before they get in range. I think I saw an Enderman but didn't attack it.

I watched Toby Games doing some Minecraft, so I kinda cheated too...but the first I created a base, I quickly realized; DON'T USE A CAVE FOR A BASE!!! I turned around and there were like 3 zombies and I for some reason didn't have a door, I had just blocked myself in...so I died.

Try #2: So this time I created my own cave. Though it doesn't work that well when you leave the door open and you turn around and a creeper blows up the entrance, and a dang archer finds me.

Try #3. Learned another lesson the hard way; DON'T DIG STRAIGHT DOWN!! I had gotten a wooden mining pick finally, and wanted to dig. Well I was in the middle of nowhere, and it got night time and I started seeing these purple sparkly things holding blocks, freaked the hell outta me, and my base was really far away, so I did the only thing I could think of, I dug straight down. Well besides one falling on my head and giving me a heart attack, I was okay. Until I dug and I fell into a cavern full of lava....

Try #4: I am still on this try, I'm pretty successful, I have Iron armor and picks and even a sword now. My base is in a mountain and I explore in a nearby canyon. I found one gold block, and even this little cage thing that I think was a zombie spawn point. I explore everywhere now, night or day, now with a plentiful supply of swords, picks, axes, and torches (god I love torches). I am thoroughly addicted, and am not sure why, just all the possibilities are endless. I think for me, I'll never build some of those amazing things I see (like peopling building a replica of kirby or other things like that), I'll just create a new world and give myself challenges like (don't do anything until it gets nighttime) or, create your first base in a tree...or use creepers to carve your base to start...idk, I will keep myself entertained.

Edit: Can someone tell me how to get redstone? Do I actually mine it or what? And I found one block of gold after exploring this canyon for 3 hours, and a good bit of iron, but not enough (I enjoy having 2 or 3 sets of armor, and many many picks) and about the same amount of coal. Quite a bit of lava in there, ate first I thought the redstone might be under lava, I dug around it a bit and it wasn't there, even fell in it once. But my base is a mountain and I have torches all around the top. And what are the Enderman things? I think that's their names. The purple things that can pick up blocks? I love to explore for ever, until I run out of wood (I re-make the crafting table and picks and armor and torches), and I don't want to come back to a third of my base being there.

Edit #2: K so I actually found some redstone, and lapis azuli or w/e it's called, thought it was diamond at first...and found a lot of gold, enough to make pickaxes and armor and swords, enough to find out iron is way better
    Last edited by Lufee93; 2011-10-24 at 09:44 PM.

back when i watched yogscast 10 or 11, i remember seeing them mine redstone. don't know much else though.
    Because I want to say this every single day but don't want it to get a drag:
    1) The ingame store will only sell timesaver items. It won't affect balance.
    2) No, getting to 100 in half the time isn't pay2win. raids don't start until the second week, everyone has time to get there.
    4) getting charms faster is also not pay2win. getting those is easy, but not everyone has the time or want for dailies.

Yeah i remember my first day... I spammed left click on a tree for like 5 minutes. Then i gave up and figured i needed tools to chop trees. My friend comes online 30 mins later and tells me i have to hold the button.

Sort of wandered around for a bit. Made my first house in a cave. Yea that didnt end so well.

High Overlord
    I watched few Seannaners videos and then i watched X's tutorial and then started up (illegal however at that time) my first Minecraft world.I remember it was awesome,i built a hole in a wall,and got so sick of looking for coal,i made another world.And so my adventure begins,at it is still going,8 months from then.Now i know big part about vannila Minecraft (except some redstone contraptions),and im exploring some mods.