so not excited from what's been shown.
    also, i hardly see how they can make their current gameplay -as shown in vids- fit a MMO.

i can't, really. may feel okay with 2 chars on the screen, but how bout 10? 20? 50? yeah, but no, i just don't buy it.

Deleted
    it's Kickstarter funded:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nline?ref=live

7 days to go, only 50% by now ...

one thing really makes me shudder : "... Shadowrun Online - is a cross-platform, online PC, Mac, Linux(see FAQ), iOS/iPad, Android Tablet and Ouya based game ..."

Deleted
    Huh? How many shadowrun games are under development?

Weren't the rights for the IP bought back by one of the original creators and are being used for Shadowrun Returns?

10+ Year Old Account
    I chipped in to the one from Hare Brained Schemes but this one just doesn't appeal to me.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Just to clarify: Shadowrun Online isn't funded yet. Shadowrun Returns by HBS is funded already. There are five days left on the Shadowrun Online Kickstarter with quite some money to go. If you have any interest in Cyberpunk, DarkFantasy and/or Shadowrun at all, I would suggest checking it out at shadowrun.com/kickstarter . Also, have you seen the new update with even more swag and the endorsements by Jason Hardy and Tom Dowd (big names for Shadowrun)?

Deleted
    Oh I can't wait! Shadowrun on the Snes is one of my all time favorite games.

Deleted

The KS still needs some major support sadly, so if you have some money at your disposal, you might at least go for the $25 tier, saving you $14,99 compared to the release-prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemdust View Post
    Oh I can't wait! Shadowrun on the Snes is one of my all time favorite games.
    Shadowrun Returns will have missions that tie to the old SNES and Genesis games. It's fully funded and due out next year sometime.

Shadowrun Online has been around for years, and now is doing a kickstarter for more funding.

Deleted
    Years, isn't right. There have been other projects though that were dealing with a MMO based on Shadowrun. However, this one got the official licensing. They will share some plotelements with Shadowrun Returns, too, to form a united and unique Shadowrun Universe experience.

The funding so far that went into the development of the Shadowrun Online prototype (and licensing the license) was mostly borrowed by friends and family by the way. Hopefully the Kickstarter will succeed. I can't wait to play a multiplayer game based on Shadowrun

Yeah, October 2011 (Shadowrun Online), I misremembered the timeline entirely.

Deleted
    Yep, October 2011 sounds about correct.

Have you seen the new update btw? It features new reward-tiers and the character creation in Shadowrun Online. It'll be a point-buy-system, just like in the PnP-original. And we reached over 300.000$ now. Nice! Four days to go, show some support if you can.

Deleted
    To keep you guys over here updated as well: The last 48 hours have started now. Money pours in more quickly now, but it's still uncertain whether the Kickstarter will fail or succeed. If you thought about backing the project and find yourself in a position to be able to do so - please go ahead and back it at shadowrun.com/kickstarter . If it fails, you won't loose any money, if it succeeds we'll not 'only' get one but two great Shadowrun games in 2013. AWESOME!

Deleted
    The last 13 hours are running now with about $44,000 to go. I'll, sadly, be gone those last 13 hours, but there are plenty of nice people over at shadowrun.com/kickstarter to chat with and get information from. Every dollar counts!

Quote Originally Posted by ExcitedShadowrunner View Post
    The last 13 hours are running now with about $44,000 to go. I'll, sadly, be gone those last 13 hours, but there are plenty of nice people over at shadowrun.com/kickstarter to chat with and get information from. Every dollar counts!

Yes you will sadly miss the last hours..... we will watch it burn in your stead good sir.

Deleted
    For all that haven't heard it by now: The Kickstarter succeeded with a total of over 6.000 backers who contributed over $558,000 all together. Thanks to everyone contributing!
    If you are interested in staying up to date, visit shadowrun.com. You'll always find the latest news there and you'll be able to exchange ideas with the devs on the forums there. And there is a Shadowrun Online Newsletter (cliffhanger-productions.com/content/text/read/id/9), twitter feed (twitter.com/#!/shadowrunonline) and facebook site (facebook.com/pages/Shadowrun-Online/170199826400835) too for those that do not have the time/interest to read up on hundreds of forums posts.

< chill with the bumping of your threads >
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2012-08-16 at 04:02 PM.