Deleted

New to fire plz help

Heya people of the mmo-champion community i was untill yesterday a proud arcane mage with 340 ilevel and easely doing 10k dps, now i respecked fire and i kinda get the basic knowledge. The problem is i aint even doing 7k dps as fire plz tell me do i have something wrong in my gear and tell me what stats and rotation to follow i am stricktly a pve player thanks.
    Here is the link for my character: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Turelon/simple[/url]

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well for starters, go to elitistjerks.com , to view how you should forge. Cause fire and arcane arent going for the same stats. And then you should gem up your gear.. Elitist jerks, have really good guides, regarding your rotation and such. Look it up there, and you'll properly pick up your game. With that being said, don't expect to out dps your arcane spec single target

Part of it is your gear. Fire is a VERY gear dependent spec. With raid buffs, you need 516 haste for an extra tick of LB and Pyroblast. However, since you're still in 5 mans and not always running with a haste buff, you'll want to aim for the 1181 haste soft cap. After that, until you can get to gear in the 360 range, you'll want to dump almost everything into hit cap, then crit. To do a lot of damage, fire needs high crit rating to keep high ignite uptime and get hot streak procs. Ideally, you'll want to be running about 30% crit with buffs.

As for rotation, you're first priority is having critical mass applied through scorch or pyroblast. After that, Flame orb > LB on target > HS pyro > fireball. Combustion should be used when you can get the most out of it, meaning LB, Pyro, Ignite on the target. Also, try to keep track of how big your ignite is. I prefer to hold combust until right after a big pyroblast crit so you know you have a big ignite ticking. There are also addons to help track this.

Edit: adding some gear/character notes.

Trinkets: drop Blood of Isiset ASAP. If you can afford DMC:V, do it. Otherwise, Soul Casket is your best available before raid gear. Witching Hourglass from BRC is also decent.
    Cloak: do the elemental bonds quest chain (the thrall one in hyjal) for a 365 cloak. If you can, return the JP one you bought and get a different piece, but it may be too late for that.

Professions: Pick up something as a second profession. All crafting professions are pretty well balanced, but Engi is slightly better for Fire since you can time the intellect buff with combustion. Also, get tailoring high enough for the cloak and leg embroiders. The cloak especially will be a big boost to your dps.
    Last edited by Kurzior; 2011-10-13 at 05:23 PM.