Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Abusive Guild Officer...Suggestions?

There is an officer in my guild who lately has been getting abusive towards people in LFG and Trade and its gotten back to me (The GM). Its starting to cause our guild to have a bad name and we are loosing members because of it. So here is the history. I met this girl in late Burning Crusade when she joined a raiding guild I was in. The guild eventually got disbanded and we lost track of each other really only talking once in awhile via text messages.

So at the Start of Cataclysm she comes back and we both join a guild. I go offline for a few months or so because I was in treatment for prostate cancer. I come back about 3 month and find I was kicked out of the guild, so I figure that it's because I've been gone so long. We form a new Raiding guild with ME as GM and her as what she calls "Co-GM" and get some really cool people. Things are going good and she takes a break leaving me as the sole GM to work and build the guild, which I do.

In late August I find out that I have Testicular Cancer and go back in for treatment being spotty on wow maybe an hour or so a day. Leaving the guild in good hands or so I thought. I get a text message from one of my friends of whom I spent time with in the Army telling me I need to get on wow, but on a different toon and check out trade chat because stuff is being said about our guild. Normally I wouldn't give this much thought nor would he but it seemed urgent. I arrive online in time to see her spamming trade saying that some guy sucks because he kicked her from a raid. So she logs off before I can even whisper her to tell her to stop the spamming.

So last nite I get on and am told by another officer that they are leaving the guild because they can't handle her crap. I'm curious so I find out that the reason I was kicked out of the older raiding guild is because of her mouthing off to the GM because she didn't get the loot she wanted and that she was kicked out of a few guilds while I was offline in treatment for cancer. So I ask her to come on vent and she Denys it, so I'm kinda left saying "Okay....." unsure of what is going on. So I decide to find things out for myself and we group for ZA/ZG. We wipe on a boss and she is told by another paladin in the group in a polite manner that a particular strat would make it easy. It went down like this:

Paladin 1: If you tank him to the left you can get the adds easier than in the middle.
    Her: I know what I'm doing, I'm a good tank and I'm not a noob.
    Paladin 1: I didn't say that...
    Her: Just stfu and leave!
    Paladin 1: I'm just trying to help you.
    Her: I don't need help besides the healer sucks.
    Healer from our Server: WTH? Your the one who sucks you can't gem pure Stam anymore.
    Her: I know what I'm doing okay! Don't like it Leave!
    Healer Leaves...and I go to Re Queue us.
    Her: No I'm not q'ing till that a**hole pally leaves.

Then it switches to Vent
    Me: Just calm down lets just finish this.
    Her: NO I'm not a noob, I'm not being blamed for the healer not healing me, I shouldn't have to heal myself!
    Me: Well the healer did have a lot of adds on her, he is right if you tank to the right side..
    Her: OMG Your taking their side?! WTF! I thought we were friends! F**k OFF! and she logs off vent.

They vote kick her and I apologize for her and leave as well. Then I see in trade "Healer from this guild Sucks dont play with them, they dont know their job" and she starts flaming them in trade. I tell her via officer chat to stop and she logs off. So I ask my friend who is still in the guild if this has been happening a lot, and he says yes and I'm astounded at her behavior. We have an officer of the guild basically making our guild look bad. out of our 25 85's 18 have left siting that she said "If you don't like how I run this guild, GTFO!" and they did.

So here I am left to fix all this. I can just kick her out or I can try to fix things. Honestly though, I don't know if things can be fixed or if I should want to fix them. I've got a lot on my shoulders trying to take care of myself and the one out of two people I could actually count on is screwing our guild over. So, whats the best thing to do...? I don't like confrontation but clearly I can't and don't want my guild that I worked on for months to go into the down the drain, and as it is I'm circling it as we speak...

Thanks and I apologize for this being so long, but I do value MMo's advice...

Deleted
    Sound like girl who just hit puberty if you ask me. Kick her and try to minimise the damage done or leave yourself.

I acted like the girl aswell when I was bit down, but normally I say sorry the day after...if it's how it is all the time it's time to move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say kick her, ignore her, and then tell the GM's and get her banned for abusing players.

Kick her. There shouldn't be any hesitation in this, no matter what your relation to this officer is; if they're giving your guild a bad name, boot them.

This didn't really need our opinions on the matter.

I think you should gkick her.. she's obviously a cancer (no pun intended) to your guild and it's time to get rid of her.

Kick her then try to let the ones who left know and see if they will return!

Tell her that she's ruining the guild.
    She may GTFO in a huff without additional effort. (Check trade immediately, going to be fun)
    If she starts puffing up, tell her her own words. "If you don't like how I run this guild, GTFO!" and add that you are weighing up kicking her if she doesn't calm down.
    If she doesn't abscond, watch her for a couple days (through somebody else's eyes). Also check about those who left, invite them back. Appoint some new officers. Give some of them the right to boot her too.

She will either have to calm down or gtfo.
    Get back to your treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynnen View Post
    Dude, you have enough problems without this.
    Kick her and apologize in trade chat to everyone for her behaviour and tell them that you kicked her/took proper action.
    She is ruining things for you, ditch her while you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Last edited by Zaelsino; 2011-10-13 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask her how much dodge she has, then ask her to dodge the gkick... That is one mean guildkiller you have there :-/

It's pretty clear she should never have been an officer, and the fact she denied the behavoir once and then turned on you shows she has no place being in any guild.

Deleted
    Probably just insecurity.

We have one guy in our guild who's a bit on the heated side sometimes. He can go off in trade or act rude towards others for no particular reason. I've outright told him to shut the hell up on a number of occasions.

He doesn't do it often enough for it to be a nuisance, but if he gets wronged (in his own mind) he'll go off on a rampage. And the best way to calm him down is to be straight with him - and tell him to sit down and shut up.

Be straight with that girl. If she still goes on about it, get rid of her.

As a Guild Leader myself i only read to about "And its giving my guild a bad name" and thought to myself "He would already be booted". A officers should always show a simple sign of maturity andtry to represnt their guild name in a good manner, i would suggest talking to them and warning them first if they are a close friend / long term member, and if that doesnt work then you do not want people like that to sully your guild name. I have been a GM now for the past 4 and 1/2 years and have demoted/kicked/scoulded officers on several occasions, they are not above the law of the guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the above posters. She may be your friend, but she's acting like a child, and you don't want an abusive child as an officer. You won't be able to recruit any serious players.

I really think that a positive guild rep is important. Just today we didn't accept a member because they have a previous history of negativity and we didn't want that. I think you should get rid of her and be done with it, let another trustworthy officer recruit for your guild while you are still in treatment maybe?

Deleted
    Just ignore them and tell your gm... Then he needs to find a solution for it...

Honestly Fynnen you just need to read your post to yourself and pretend someone else is describing a player you don't know. If one person is not only destroying your guild's rep but actually getting members to leave...you know what to do.

First off, I wish you well with your medical issues. Secondly, you have too much on your plate in life, in my opinion, to be dealing with someone with such a bad attitude. It's admirable that you want to try, but I wouldn't bother. I'd kick her, put her on ignore, and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynnen View Post
    I met this girl in late Burning Crusade.
    There's your problem. Meeting chicks on WoW much less even becoming attached to them to the point you can't even kick them for the sake of your guild is ridiculous.
    Tell her to cool it or buzz the fuck off. It's not fair to you or your guild. Can you honestly blame them for leaving?
    Also, I wish you well and hope you get better. I am very sorry to hear.

Deleted
    you need to meet up with her and give her some loving....
    but on a more serious note, tell her in the nicest way possible that she isnt good for the guild, just kick her and this will hopefully wake her up. your not being man enough (nicest way possible i could say it). take control, be a man and put her in her place. then move on.