Deleted

Looking for recommendations

So, my game time's run out and it's going to be another week or two till I can get more. Any recommendations to keep myself busy until then for a few hours a day? I've got an old rig that can't run a lot of new stuff (P4 2.8 GHz, 1.5 gigs of ram, 256 vram video card with shader 3.0) but it does admirably with some more recent games that are built with a very wide range of PCs in mind.

I mostly prefer RPGs, though I do enjoy particularly good games of other genres. I'm also a sucker for indie games.

So...recommend away?

Oh, and I'd prefer not delving too far back into gaming history, I can take bad graphics, but I'm not sure I could play Dizzy again :P

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can easily sink some hours in to Project Zomboid. It is indie and pretty cheap.

Deleted
    The spec is making it kinda hard...

If you like RTS games you could try Company Of Heroes or the Warhammer: Dawn if war series, Both great fun , Or Grim Fandango nice little puzzler from years back.- Buldar gate Is really good, so are the Neverwinter Nights games..

I think Mass Effect 1 should run on your Spec you could try that..

I'm installing Rusty Hearts right now, seems like it might be a cool game but idk yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8IeOpl2YFk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    The spec is making it kinda hard...

If you like RTS games you could try Company Of Heroes or the Warhammer: Dawn if war series, Both great fun , Or Grim Fandango nice little puzzler from years back.- Buldar gate Is really good, so are the Neverwinter Nights games..

I think Mass Effect 1 should run on your Spec you could try that..
    I'm not -really- into RTS games much, but I have considered giving the Dawn of War games a try. I've played Neverwinter Nights 2 and really enjoyed it, same with Mask of the Betrayer, didn't get much into Storm of Zehir though. Played Mass Effect 1 and 2 and Dragon Age 1 and 2 (on this PC actually :P ). I really couldn't get into Baldur's Gate for some reason, just didn't feel like it anymore after a couple of hours. Grim Fandango...hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    I'm not -really- into RTS games much, but I have considered giving the Dawn of War games a try. I've played Neverwinter Nights 2 and really enjoyed it, same with Mask of the Betrayer, didn't get much into Storm of Zehir though. Played Mass Effect 1 and 2 and Dragon Age 1 and 2 (on this PC actually :P ). I really couldn't get into Baldur's Gate for some reason, just didn't feel like it anymore after a couple of hours. Grim Fandango...hmm...
    Dawn of War 2 campaign is more like RPG with RTS controls. In skirmish you only have one building to create units and nothing else.