Afflic vs. Demo for raiding

I have so many people telling me to go Demo when they see that I'm Afflic. I'm about to start raiding (after taking my sweet time doing heroics) -- should I figure out how to raid as Demo, or can I stay as Afflic and still be a viable ranged DPS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you raiding 10 or 25 man? As 10 man, I'd say go Demo as it brings much more to the table than just DPS which is certainly competative. In 25s however, I'd say go Affliction, it brings better numbers where the utility is less sparse and frequently better provided by other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction is still viable. Stack haste, get hit capped.

And only really go demo if your raid needs the 10% SP buff.... otherwise play what you like....

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Demo because my guild needs the 10% SP buff, but I also like Demo, although I am kind of burning out from it and need a bit of a change. Im considering going Affliction and Destro for the next few weeks for a change, before I just rage quit...

[anti-demo, with 7/7h as affi ]

You can justify affi for all current content (including rag) - provided you have 10% sp covered in the raid.

Specifically for rag, which is typically where people start harping on about demo for p3 -
    If you consider the 40->36% pre-p3 and the damage in p3 combined, you will find affi generally is within a few k of demo for the single meteor burn, and much superior for the p4 burn.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2011-10-17 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Are you raiding 10 or 25 man? As 10 man, I'd say go Demo as it brings much more to the table than just DPS which is certainly competative. In 25s however, I'd say go Affliction, it brings better numbers where the utility is less sparse and frequently better provided by other classes.
    I fully agree, 10man guilds gain a lot by having a demo warlock in the raid. I tend to favour our demo lock over our elemental shaman on most fights.

Deleted
    Demo is just superlative for ragnaros since you need to dps down all the molten elementals fast
    I want patch 4.3 for destruction :3 i miss that spec a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    Like everyone else has said, definitely give demo some more consideration if your raid doesn't have the buff, but if not, it's whatever. Actual dps differences between aff and demo (not simmed, where demo will win with immo aura) are pretty small and it comes down to playstyle and personal preference.
    Of course, destro is simming above aff on the ptr right now, so think about that too. >.>
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Quote Originally Posted by rethea View Post
    Of course, destro is simming above aff on the ptr right now, so think about that too. >.>
    I really thought about destro - but I did not find any useful keyboard layout for managing all the proc spells. It's like being a hyperactive DJ for me till now. But yes, sometimes I really think about changing to destro for some more action during fight same for Demo (Demo priority list seems also very long) - dunno if I would ever manage that "rotation"

Ama
    Last edited by Amarynth; 2011-10-17 at 11:09 AM.