Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by angry bastard View Post
    ô_õ Well then I guess you're just not paying attention.
    Original pre build 14849 compensation for fixing Doomguard bug.
    They since dialed that down.
    Don't you understand that the small Master Demonlogist buff wont compensate for the huge Doomguard nerf?
    You can prob cut off atleast like 5k dmg from the 16k+ dmg your Doomguard does today.
    = Demo will get a huge nerf, nothing else.
    Asus Sabertooth Z77 S-1155 | Intel Core I7 3770K 3.5GHZ (@ 4.3Ghz) | Asus GeForce GTX670 DC2 2GD5 2GB | Corsair 32GB DDR3 Vengeance Quad 1866MHZ CL10 (4X8GB)
    Cooler Master Silent Pro 850W | NZXT Miditower Phantom 410 ATX Gunmetal | 3DMARK Vantage: P34120

Quote Originally Posted by Strych View Post
    Don't you understand that the small Master Demonlogist buff wont compensate for the huge Doomguard nerf?
    You can prob cut off atleast like 5k dmg from the 16k+ dmg your Doomguard does today.
    = Demo will get a huge nerf, nothing else.
    Well according to simcraft Demo without using doomguard in 4.3 would do as much damage as demo using doomguard in 4.2 with the same gear, or something like that. You have to remember doomguard is only ~10% of a locks overall damage, and it will be nerfed by ~40-50%, thats a 4-5% damage nerf. With the changes to demo, the warlock and it's pets will be doing more damage and scale higher with gear.

Yeah I think you grossly underestimate the damage you do in Meta form. With the 20% 2.5% per mastery point, I was getting a 96% damage increase in Meta form on the PTR. I think you should really reconsider what you think is a nerf, possibly do some research on the PTR yourself. Demo, I assure you, will be quite fine in the damage dealing department post-Doomguard nerf.
    Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

ô_õ Well then I guess you're just not paying attention.
    Those changes were made to counter the huge nerf that came with the fixing of the doomguard bug. I see this as an attempt to get the spec to break even.

I'm sharing dimitris opinion here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnD0Cmz8U3E
    (watch with subtitles)
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

I'd love it if the Destruction changes go live. Oh, how I've missed Destruction being a viable spec...

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Those changes were made to counter the huge nerf that came with the fixing of the doomguard bug. I see this as an attempt to get the spec to break even.
    A quite successful one, I suspect. Might even still be a little dialing down to be done, we'll see once 1. I've conducted more tests personally and more importantly 2. more empirical data is in.
    Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lancore89 View Post
    (watch with subtitles)
    I laughed irl.

Don't worry, demo locks will still be one of the top dps specs in the game. Afflic will probably be in the top 5 as well.

Just be glad you're not a hunter, who is going to be in the bottom half with all three specs without a lot more buffs.

Destro damage buffs.. glad to see it after hitting like a wet noodle all cata.

Reguardless if our damage is fixed, mechanics and survivability still doesnt make destro viable for pvp yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    Destro damage buffs.. glad to see it after hitting like a wet noodle all cata.

Reguardless if our damage is fixed, mechanics and survivability still doesnt make destro viable for pvp yet.
    I'm sorry what? It was the best spec for a pretty long tim untill Affliction got buffed in T11.

Anyway, this makes me a happy panda, now just fix pettwisting and all my wishes for 4.3 will have come true.

Deleted
    This + awesome new tier set = too good to be true D

Tier set looks like a clown costume that faded in the washing machine. I'm glad I've got my T5 saved in my bank from ze good old days when lock tier didn't look like shit.

You are now.

To those of you looking at the automated sim results immediately following new patch notes and/or mmo-champion client string changes, keep in mind our process isn't *entirely* automatic. We still have to wait for the patch to show up on the PTR, install it locally, parse the files, and commit the changes to the repository. So even if a timestamp on a report seems to indicate it should have had the latest changes, it very well may not have them after all. Also worth keeping in mind that MMOC often announces client string changes before the PTR patch is even available to the PTR client, indicating it's "leaked" to them ahead of time.

Furthermore, the warlock-specific automated reports are only run every 12 hours, so they could take a long while to update even once the changes are in our SVN. The full raid reports are run every 2 hours, so those tend to be more up-to-date.

Luckily, there's enough detail in the reports to let you verify whether the changes are in yet or not in most cases. For example, if you expand the spell details for soul fire in the current warlock 4.3.0 report, you see immediately that its direct_power_mod is 0.628000, which is the old value, meaning that report does not include the latest changes. If you do the same in the full raid 4.3.0 report you'll see a direct_power_mod of 0.726000, meaning that report does include the latest changes.

Oh, and: For this latest PTR patch, you'll notice the official patch notes and the client string changes each have a completely different nerf to Demonology. We go by the client strings, so the simulation results will show the effects of the reversal of the Demonic Knowledge buff (back to 15% from 20%), not the nerf to the Master Demonologist buff that's mentioned in the patch notes.

Deleted
    Woah, Destro got a buff and a half!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    To those of you looking at the automated sim results immediately following new patch notes and/or mmo-champion client string changes, keep in mind our process isn't *entirely* automatic. We still have to wait for the patch to show up on the PTR, install it locally, parse the files, and commit the changes to the repository. So even if a timestamp on a report seems to indicate it should have had the latest changes, it very well may not have them after all. Also worth keeping in mind that MMOC often announces client string changes before the PTR patch is even available to the PTR client, indicating it's "leaked" to them ahead of time.

Furthermore, the warlock-specific automated reports are only run every 12 hours, so they could take a long while to update even once the changes are in our SVN. The full raid reports are run every 2 hours, so those tend to be more up-to-date.

Luckily, there's enough detail in the reports to let you verify whether the changes are in yet or not in most cases. For example, if you expand the spell details for soul fire in the current warlock 4.3.0 report, you see immediately that its direct_power_mod is 0.628000, which is the old value, meaning that report does not include the latest changes. If you do the same in the full raid 4.3.0 report you'll see a direct_power_mod of 0.726000, meaning that report does include the latest changes.

Oh, and: For this latest PTR patch, you'll notice the official patch notes and the client string changes each have a completely different nerf to Demonology. We go by the client strings, so the simulation results will show the effects of the reversal of the Demonic Knowledge buff (back to 15% from 20%), not the nerf to the Master Demonologist buff that's mentioned in the patch notes.
    Thanks for the info, and presuming you're Zakalwe from E.J. since you use his toons name, thanks for all the work on the simcrafting business, much appreciated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lancore89 View Post
    (watch with subtitles)
    hahah win!

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright, new preliminary SimC with build 14849 is in, should give a rather better look at what's what

http://www.simulationcraft.org/430/Warlock.html

also on E.J. of course

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t110222-...clysm_edition/

for the too-lazy-to-click

Demo 38620
    Affli 36495
    Destro 35819

Affli/Destro neck and neck, with Demo still a bit ahead, but I'm going to remind you of what Gobulchu said in his post in this same thread (post #137), these are with diferences between what the patch notes say and what was actually in the build so treat with caution.

I know its not final but with the latest stuff annouced I was hopeing destro would sim higher than that.

The inevitable comparison with Fire mages wich were also buffed last patch puts them 3k ahead of destro. And Fire is much more versatile than destro becuase they can also unleash loads of AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I know its not final but with the latest stuff annouced I was hopeing destro would sim higher than that.

The inevitable comparison with Fire mages wich were also buffed last patch puts them 3k ahead of destro. And Fire is much more versatile than destro becuase they can also unleash loads of AOE.
    I know that, at the very least, the burning embers change has not yet been applied to the sims, which should be roughly a 1k dps difference.

Even with that taken into consideration, I was expecting Destruction to come out a little bit higher. I guess we'll just need to wait and see how the sims play out once everything is included.
    Last edited by Faradin; 2011-10-14 at 07:12 PM.