Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    What about it ? I didn't say "fastest single GPU", I said "fastest graphics cad".
    This isn't an official nVidia thing, but i have to agree with Uggorthaholy only with a slight change.

"The ASUS Mars II would like to have a word with you."

It is not of nVidia design, and as much as people would like it not to be the HD6990 is slightly faster then the GTX590.
    So if you're referring to reference cards then yes, AMD has the strongest single card.

If not, the ASUS Mars II wants to kick your teeth in for insulting it.

Deleted
    AMD is in a pickle, no doubt.

While the failure of Bulldozer isn't as bad in itself, the processor is the basis for all their other developments. With such a weak basis, how good can the other products really be?

For the server market, the power consumption is an issue.

And as good as "Llano" may have been, even 4 months after its release it's still almost impossible to get one. For each Llano APU Laptop you have 99 Intel Laptops competing for customers.

On the GPU side however AMD still seems to be keeping up. We'll have to see how well their Southern Island chips fair against Nvidias Keplar but at least they have a roughly 45% market share compared to Nvidia with about 55%. Intel on the other hand has way over 80% of the CPU market share, and that's including smartphone manufacturers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think they can get by. As I said in the other thread. They don't have to have good chips in order to sell good. Something that could matter more for the ignorant consumer is how they look on paper. EIGHT CORES AND TURBO 4GHz!

AMD Cpus seem to have the most reviews on newegg etc, so i don't think they will be out of business.
    Last edited by Elian; 2011-10-14 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misen View Post
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavi...-analyst-says/

TLDR buying ATI is biting them in ass... Pushbacks on bulldozer have pretty much sealed the deal in the desktop department. The only successful thing they have going for them is fusion/laptops. If AMD flops prepare for future intel architecture to skyrocket since they don't have anyone to compete with.
    How does that make sense? The ATI acquisition is what's killing them? The GPUs are the profitable side of the company. Talking to my dad the other day, he said that the CPUs haven't been profitable in a decade.

And then you say how the Fusion APUs are what they're good for now. No ATI = No Graphics divison = No APU.

So...what?