Page 10 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    Fixed with synopsis :-) and fixed demon king daimaou name in japanese.
    Thanks was on my phone so yeah. Though ya left out Aquarion EVOL LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Thanks was on my phone so yeah. Though ya left out Aquarion EVOL LOL.
    yes as it just started airing ;-) and aquarion should give link to evol on the page anyways.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    yes as it just started airing ;-) and aquarion should give link to evol on the page anyways.
    LOL why i mentioned it i couldn't resist. Now back to the last episode of kurokami. That or finishing up my tivo'd bleach and THEN finishing it off. Heh not like i'll have Aquarion anytime soon anyways see mal for reasons.

Hey guys,

I just recently finished watching claymore and I absolutely loved the series. It is by far one of my top favorites.
    I was curious to know if there is anything that is similar to the claymore series.

I have not watched too many anime before so I don't really have much for a list of what I have seen besides some of the more popular anime. So I'm open to all suggestions!

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Chexmixs View Post
    Hey guys,

I just recently finished watching claymore and I absolutely loved the series. It is by far one of my top favorites.
    I was curious to know if there is anything that is similar to the claymore series.

I have not watched too many anime before so I don't really have much for a list of what I have seen besides some of the more popular anime. So I'm open to all suggestions!

Thanks guys
    Claymore was not a bad series, the ending was kinda rushed unlike the manga (which is still ongoing) :s

What about the series did you like in particular? Fate / Stay Night and Fate / Zero (prequel, still airing) are along a similar vein, so I think you'd enjoy those. Black Cat is another option, although it's not quite as similar and much more lighthearted.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Quote Originally Posted by Makoblade View Post
    Claymore was not a bad series, the ending was kinda rushed unlike the manga (which is still ongoing) :s

What about the series did you like in particular? Fate / Stay Night and Fate / Zero (prequel, still airing) are along a similar vein, so I think you'd enjoy those. Black Cat is another option, although it's not quite as similar and much more lighthearted.
    In claymore I liked the realtionship of the characters and how they developed overtime. I also enjoyed of course the action thought the series. I liked the darkness and eerie theme throught when I watched. When I also watched I felt an attachment to the charters and what not, if that make sense haha. Overall I just loved the entire series.
    Last edited by Chexmixs; 2012-01-09 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

theoretically fate/zero ended.
    technically it's on pause till spring.

@Chexmixs, will give recs later today.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Lodoss War should do ya

Other than that please expand on what traits you enjoyed. Such as was it because it's fantasy or did you want just darker fantasy and would a chinese style fantasy do ya.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 09:49 AM ----------

Ichiban Ushirou no Daimaou(most likely mispelled) aka Demon King Daimaou
    Skip this one. It starts off with a lot of promise, and then tries to cram about 18 episodes worth of story into the last 5-6 episodes.

Sora no Otoshimono/Heaven's Lost Property, is one I highly reccommend. An excellent fan-service comedy with a nice heart to it with fantsy/sci-fi elements.

Bakemonogatari and the just started sequel, Nisemonogatari are at the to of my must-see-anime. I'm looking forward to seeing the prequel movie that's coming out as well. Definitely different, and incredibly intelligent fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anime's I've seen

Rosario + Vampire
    Rosario + Vampire Capu2
    Bleach
    Naruto
    One Piece
    Poke & Digimon.
    Full Metal Alchemist

Not that much, but they provide an awesome source of fun.
    Howay the lads!

Thanks for the recommendations I will check them out

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 07:00 PM ----------

For some reason it wont let me quote you synaia, anywayThanks looking forward to your recommendations
    Last edited by Chexmixs; 2012-01-09 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    people when posting recs please add a link to MAL or Anime-Planet or AniDB and preferring that you also add WHY the person needs to check out that anime. Everything is stated on my first post please read it.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2012-01-09 at 09:36 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeka View Post
    Skip this one. It starts off with a lot of promise, and then tries to cram about 18 episodes worth of story into the last 5-6 episodes.

Sora no Otoshimono/Heaven's Lost Property, is one I highly reccommend. An excellent fan-service comedy with a nice heart to it with fantsy/sci-fi elements.

Bakemonogatari and the just started sequel, Nisemonogatari are at the to of my must-see-anime. I'm looking forward to seeing the prequel movie that's coming out as well. Definitely different, and incredibly intelligent fun.
    No go with it. Even with that it is one of my personal favorite series and fits what he requested quite well. And TBH i HAD thought of Sora no Otoshimono but decided not to because it seems he wants series with some more action mixed in and it has very little..welll for the bulk of it. In short i'd say he was looking for old school series at least for now not the newer style.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 09:20 PM ----------

people when posting recs please add a link to MAL or Anime-Planet and preferring that you also add WHY the person needs to check out that anime. Everything is stated on my first post please read it.
    Yeah sorry about that just getting tired of describing the same series over and over. Oh and don't forget anidb.net for info.

Oh and in case people can't guess so far Synaia and i seem to have the local record for time spent on anime.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    Anime's I've seen

Rosario + Vampire
    Rosario + Vampire Capu2
    Bleach
    Naruto
    One Piece
    Poke & Digimon.
    Full Metal Alchemist

Not that much, but they provide an awesome source of fun.
    You should try fairy tail man. It's like One Piece and bleach only about wizards and their adventures as part of a guild. http://myanimelist.net/anime/6702/Fairy_Tail

It's a really fun and MOSTLY lighthearted series. And even the not so lighthearted elements aren't really bad if you've seen enough stuff bad. Actually only some kids may be bugged by it but it does kinda go from just fun to drama mode faster than naruto as far as just switching.

10+ Year Old Account
    @sorrior i know, your mostly typing from phone and adding links isn't much of a hassle.
    But it's effing annoying for the requester also when someone post something with just the name, without info why they should watch it and without a link they can click on.

added anidb to both previous post and first post.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    @sorrior i know, your mostly typing from phone and adding links isn't much of a hassle.
    But it's effing annoying for the requester also when someone post something with just the name, without info why they should watch it and without a link they can click on.

added anidb to both previous post and first post.
    Oh i understand believe me. And TBH if i recommend shows i havn't before i do tend to add descriptions. It's just that recommending the same thing over and over gets kinda old.

I REALLY ENJOYED Berserk, which has been mentioned before.

It has great character development, and the story is very interesting. Berserk is pretty dark at times, and has a lot of brutal fight scenes.

I enjoyed the anime (which was canceled) that I'm now reading the manga ;D

oh ps, I just remembered watching Eureka Seven, and it was very fantastic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosunshine View Post
    I REALLY ENJOYED Berserk, which has been mentioned before.

It has great character development, and the story is very interesting. Berserk is pretty dark at times, and has a lot of brutal fight scenes.

I enjoyed the anime (which was canceled) that I'm now reading the manga ;D

oh ps, I just remembered watching Eureka Seven, and it was very fantastic
    I THINK you may want the discussion thread. There is a link to it in the OP post. We kinda made a bunch to cover most areas back when what WAS Sy's List got put in the fun stuff section.

Oh and i don't think the anime was cancelled just slated for one or two seasons. Oh and they ARE making new movies for it. Gonna cover more arcs ta boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh i understand believe me. And TBH if i recommend shows i havn't before i do tend to add descriptions. It's just that recommending the same thing over and over gets kinda old.
    ye if it's the same rec either give a link to the first one or just copy/paste it.

back to posting recs now :-)
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys

Thought you may have some ideas as to what I might like. Here's my MAL link, it should be very obvious what genre I enjoy. ^^

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Venara
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Hey guys

Thought you may have some ideas as to what I might like. Here's my MAL link, it should be very obvious what genre I enjoy. ^^

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Venara

Oh yes quite obvious. You seem to enjoy 80s ultraviolence

Ok joking aside.

Magical Project S. it's a tenchi muyo spinoff from the 90s starring Pretty Sammy aka sasami as a magical gurl in charge of representing Tsunami on earth and doing good deeds to raise a meter that when full will make tsunami queen. While doing this she has to deal with her evil counterpart pixie misa. Pretty entertaining if you can find it.

Sasami magical girls club. Another tenchi spinoff. This time around sasami discovers she's a magical girl and so gets taught by her teacher washu. Over time more girls join her in the cooking club which is really just a cover for magical gurls.

Pretear. This ones about a girl whose father if i recall right married a weakthy woman and is picked on by either her new siblings or mother. She eventually finds out it is her destiny to become the pretear and combine with certain men to gain magical powers to savethe world.

Magic knight ratearth. In this obe three girls get sucked into a world of magic to save it from evil. To do so they must go on ajourney to gain the legendary power of the runegods while growing as individuals and a group. Now i WOULD clarify more except that this obe could be considered the madoka of it's day as far as a WTF change to the plans of fantasy is concerned.still a must see and a great series

Neo angelique abyss. Meet Angelique an orphan at a private girls academy trying to become a doctor like her parents before her who were killed by evil creatures known as thanatos. Now as it turns out she may be what's known as the queens egg or the one destined to save their world from the thanatos. Can she do it with her bevy of hot bishis or will she fail? watch it to find out.

I have more i left out as far as magical girl style goes for not having magic but a similar feel ad in all girl battles to save the workd/universe. and angelique is part of a franchise.

Magic Users club. What would you do if aliens invaded? Why start up a magic club to impress the girl you like of course and then go challenge the aliens. Now our band of misfit mages going out on a journey to stop them. Can they do it and if they can then how? Now i warn you this series isn't even half as good as the pthers and i am seperating it from the main group because the bulk of it isn't primarily magical girl as magical club though it DOES eventually become more magical girl. Oh and for the love of the gods avoid the english audio trust me on this one.

Now one in regards to slayers

Rune Soldier louie. Now what's worse than a mage who sucks at magic? How about a mage who is crass stupid rude and would rather beat his enemies over the head with his wand while fighting. Yep rthat's louie the son of the head of the mages guild and apparently a destined hero/adventurer. His mission? To have fun adventuring with the three girls who form his merry band if adventurers. Can he fulfill his destiny hell what is his destiny even and what could an insane sob like him do anyways go ahead and find out by watching.

Now if you can clarify WHAT About the magical girl genre and series like slayers/mai hime you like i can help you out even more by suggestibg series outside the genre that you may enjoy such as Angelic Layer(not a reccomendation per se syn) for the girl changing the world bit or Orphen for the magic bit and help expand your tastes. Or at least give you some new experiences.

That should do ya for awhile and again i have sone more yhings ya may like just let me know if ya can what ya do like about em and if ya want me to mention the others.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot, I'll definitely check those out!

As for your question: It's generally just the idea of magic that fascinates me. It doesn't necessarily have to be big on transformations (although some of those are pretty awesome and it's always nice to have them). I just like a good story where the main characters are using magic. Doesn't need to be girls, saving the world, fighting for friendship or anything like that. Just an anime that has a good story and has magic woven in as a main part to it. Madoka, for example, had an awesome story and didn't have to rely on big transformation scenes or anything typical to the genre. Still, the idea behind it all was magic.

Some people have suggested that I may also like DoReMi (which sadly is very incomplete in regards to fansubs) or Full Metal Alchemist (haven't looked into that one yet). I'm not sure if I'm really making myself clear. If not, perhaps you have a few questions that I could answer that would help you.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara