Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
61
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,726
    Ok then yeah Orphen would work. It also opens up FAR more series. Give me a bit and i can get you a ton more series ones with demon kings mahitech regular mages battle mages and so on. Magic is one of my fav things as well.

  2. #202
    Super Moderator Venara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    2,039
    Awesome, thank you so much!
    Armory - WoW-Heroes - Kirakira kagayaku mirai no hikari!

  3. #203
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Awesome, thank you so much!
    A few more for ya

    Fairy Tail it's about a girl named Lucy who joins a mages guild. Think of it as One piece meets Magic and rave Master. http://myanimelist.net/anime/6702/Fairy_Tail

    Ichiban ushiro No daimaou. A boy winds up going to a magic school with the dream of becoming the pope only to find out that he is destined to be the demon king. And so begins his school days as a demon king destined to rty and destroy the world. http://myanimelist.net/anime/7088/Ic...iro_no_Daimaou

    Kyo Kara Maoh. This story begins with a swirly yes a swirly a swirly that opens the gateway to a world of magic where said swirlies recipient turns out to be the destined Demon King of the Great Demon Kingdom. Over the course of his stay he discovers things about his past life love child rearing and Boys Love yes boys love. He also learns what it's like to wear the traditional underwear of the demon real BLACK G STRING PANTIES. So yeah quite fun and interesting and i'm assuming you can handle more than a little boys love. http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=kyo%20kara%20maoh good luck with finding R however.

  4. #204
    Mechagnome Synaia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    somewhere in this world
    Posts
    660
    hard working again sorrior ^^
    should check mmo-champion more so i can post something myself but you know with exams atm.

    would give you a thumbs-up if we had a button for that so it's just
    /thumbs up

  5. #205
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    hard working again sorrior ^^
    should check mmo-champion more so i can post something myself but you know with exams atm.

    would give you a thumbs-up if we had a button for that so it's just
    /thumbs up
    LOL yeah i have a few more for her(?) already too but gonna hold off for now. Though she obviosuly already knows mal as well as her way around the community so that's a big help. But yeah i know a few others.

    Oh and @ Venara how do you feel about sci-fi fantasy? An example would be something like Tenchi Muyo where it's VERY advanced sci fi tech but so advanced it;s bordering on magic(we're talking flying, energy blades emerging from hands, matter alteration, phasing, psychic barriers. spatial distortions, entire countrysides inside spaceships created by them, oh and the main character is OUTRIGHT said to be a god among gods in one of the later episodes) another would be Isekai Seikishi no monogatari in which it's very fantasy giant robots excluded up until later where it turns out to be lost etch. oh and even still screams borderline magic. Another query would be a series like aquarion HEAVY on the tech but at the same time the titular robot REQUIRES an angel and human crew to be fully used and deal with past lives psychic powers and the mech voids enough laws of physics to make even gravity based units with limited range black holes seem completely sane.

    So yeah if ANY of the things i described sound interesting to you i can give ya more info on em and similar series later on. Though you will probably look into em yourself going by your obviously less than rudimentary knowledge of the online community.

  6. #206
    does anyone know of any animes similar to "Ghost Hunt" such an awesome anime shame it was short though :/

    also for people who like swordplay anime's check out Brave 10 recently started only 2 episodes out so far, first one hooked me fast

    [A] www.Scrubbusters.com - recruitment open for exceptional players

  7. #207
    Super Moderator Venara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Oh and @ Venara how do you feel about sci-fi fantasy? An example would be something like Tenchi Muyo where it's VERY advanced sci fi tech but so advanced it;s bordering on magic(we're talking flying, energy blades emerging from hands, matter alteration, phasing, psychic barriers. spatial distortions, entire countrysides inside spaceships created by them, oh and the main character is OUTRIGHT said to be a god among gods in one of the later episodes)
    Definitely sounds like something I might enjoy.
    Armory - WoW-Heroes - Kirakira kagayaku mirai no hikari!

  8. #208
    Your preference seems to be heavily tilted towards shoujo stuff. Tenchi Muyo is as shounen as it gets. If you like mahou shoujo in general Full Moon is a very good series but can get a bit heavy. There are series like Sugo Chara but IMO targeted at a younger audience (seeing you've watched Precure though Shugo Chara is in that ballpark) and series like Nanoha which is more male-oriented mahou shoujo stuff. Then there are classics like Creamy Mami.

    p.s. You may also enjoy series like Scrapped Princess which is more in the mold of El Hazard (magical adventure).
    Last edited by Jinto; 2012-01-16 at 05:42 PM.

  9. #209
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Your preference seems to be heavily tilted towards shoujo stuff. Tenchi Muyo is as shounen as it gets. If you like mahou shoujo in general Full Moon is a very good series but can get a bit heavy. There are series like Sugo Chara but IMO targeted at a younger audience (seeing you've watched Precure though Shugo Chara is in that ballpark) and series like Nanoha which is more male-oriented mahou shoujo stuff. Then there are classics like Creamy Mami.

    p.s. You may also enjoy series like Scrapped Princess which is more in the mold of El Hazard (magical adventure).
    And El Hazard itself is very similar to Tenchi Muyo. Trust me i know what i'm doing. I'm not the type who just recommends series i tend to tailor make my lists for the person i'm dealing with. Things like El Hazard are what made me think outside the mahou shoujo mold.

    Also am i right in guessing your a crest/banner of the stars fan?

  10. #210
    Super Moderator Venara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Your preference seems to be heavily tilted towards shoujo stuff. Tenchi Muyo is as shounen as it gets. If you like mahou shoujo in general Full Moon is a very good series but can get a bit heavy. There are series like Sugo Chara but IMO targeted at a younger audience (seeing you've watched Precure though Shugo Chara is in that ballpark) and series like Nanoha which is more male-oriented mahou shoujo stuff. Then there are classics like Creamy Mami.

    p.s. You may also enjoy series like Scrapped Princess which is more in the mold of El Hazard (magical adventure).
    Double-check the list, I've watched both Shugo Chara and Nanoha Also, so far everything Sorrior recommended looked quite good from the description on MAL. I haven't watched all of it yet (obviously) but I started Magic Knight Rayearth and I immediately liked it. I'd say he worked out what I might enjoy pretty good, so I'll definitely give Tenchi Muyo a try. If I don't like it I'll say so

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Also am i right in guessing your a crest/banner of the stars fan?
    Was that directed at me? If so, I'm not quite sure what you mean.
    Armory - WoW-Heroes - Kirakira kagayaku mirai no hikari!

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    And El Hazard itself is very similar to Tenchi Muyo. Trust me i know what i'm doing. I'm not the type who just recommends series i tend to tailor make my lists for the person i'm dealing with. Things like El Hazard are what made me think outside the mahou shoujo mold.

    Also am i right in guessing your a crest/banner of the stars fan?
    Yeah, also my issue with Tenchi Muyo as a recommendation isn't the plot but the huge amount of fanservice it has vs anything else Venara had on his list.

    Double-check the list, I've watched both Shugo Chara and Nanoha Also, so far everything Sorrior recommended looked quite good from the description on MAL. I haven't watched all of it yet (obviously) but I started Magic Knight Rayearth and I immediately liked it. I'd say he worked out what I might enjoy pretty good, so I'll definitely give Tenchi Muyo a try. If I don't like it I'll say so
    Oops I skimmed the list and missed those 2... Anyway I noticed that you list on your profile that you are gay. That list is roughly what my GF have watched/would have watched along with her anime club friends but Tenchi Muyo would be outside of that. I assumed you are female from that list.
    Last edited by Jinto; 2012-01-16 at 06:02 PM.

  12. #212
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Double-check the list, I've watched both Shugo Chara and Nanoha Also, so far everything Sorrior recommended looked quite good from the description on MAL. I haven't watched all of it yet (obviously) but I started Magic Knight Rayearth and I immediately liked it. I'd say he worked out what I might enjoy pretty good, so I'll definitely give Tenchi Muyo a try. If I don't like it I'll say so


    Was that directed at me? If so, I'm not quite sure what you mean.
    Ahh no at Jinto. it;s the name of the main male character in said series.

    And glad you like my advice. I kinda specialize in that sorta thing. Give me evena small amount of information and i can generally make pretty accurate guesses at what people will like..or what will happen.

    And yeah tenchi muyo is a harem series older style done by the same company who did El Hazard. No excessive fanservice i mean really regular series are less tame than this and the stuff begins with him meeting the "demon" ryoko and her then attacking him at school. From there we get into the sci fi bit with the spaceships made out of demigod trees(not kidding they ARE demigods) and such. Overall it's a comedy/romance/harem with some science so advanced it is the very definition of "any sufficently advanced science will appear to be no different than magic". Or to quote one scene from tenchi muyo "Ryoko tenchi and ayeka are out in the rain. Go turn it off". "They don't have the technology on this planet to do that yet". Not verbatim but the message is basically the same. Weather control is lighta light switch to these aliens. We also get a demon summoning in one episode which is quite funny in it's own way.

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-16 at 06:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Yeah, also my issue with Tenchi Muyo as a recommendation isn't the plot but the huge amount of fanservice it has vs anything else Venara had on his list.
    I think you missed the Mai Hime/Otome entries man. Tenchi is FAR more tame than those and the nanoha transformations? Trust me man the fanservice in tenchi is pretty tame and low key by todays standards. Just rewatched it witha friend and even ryo ohki 3 is pretty damn tame and that one came out in the past 10 years.

  13. #213
    My memories of Tenchi Muyo was it was quite loaded with fanservice. Though you do have a point that by today's standards it is probably nothing lol.

  14. #214
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    My memories of Tenchi Muyo was it was quite loaded with fanservice. Though you do have a point that by today's standards it is probably nothing lol.
    Oh yes back in the day it WAS dvd only fare. But today? Nah things like samurai girls and even aquarion i doubt would have been allowed even on straight to DVD back then. Hell even nanoha has more nudity than tenchi muyo what with the transformations. In fact by todays standards i'd almost say Tenchi Muyo is prudish.

    You should try rewatching it. Trust me it'd blow you away how little fanservice by modern terms there is.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Magical Project S. it's a tenchi muyo spinoff from the 90s starring Pretty Sammy aka sasami as a magical gurl in charge of representing Tsunami on earth and doing good deeds to raise a meter that when full will make tsunami queen. While doing this she has to deal with her evil counterpart pixie misa. Pretty entertaining if you can find it.

    Sasami magical girls club. Another tenchi spinoff. This time around sasami discovers she's a magical girl and so gets taught by her teacher washu. Over time more girls join her in the cooking club which is really just a cover for magical gurls.

    Now one in regards to slayers

    Rune Soldier louie. Now what's worse than a mage who sucks at magic? How about a mage who is crass stupid rude and would rather beat his enemies over the head with his wand while fighting. Yep rthat's louie the son of the head of the mages guild and apparently a destined hero/adventurer. His mission? To have fun adventuring with the three girls who form his merry band if adventurers. Can he fulfill his destiny hell what is his destiny even and what could an insane sob like him do anyways go ahead and find out by watching.
    Sasami has been spun off several times from Tenchi Muyo. There was the OVA, where Tenchi was her older brother. Next came Magical Project S. It's very much a spinoff, with lots of tie-in nods to the original series, though totally different: Tsunami, the Aeka look-a-like, etc. It's a fun little series.

    Sasami Magical Girls Club has only two familiar connections (other than Sasami), Washu and Mihoshi, but is a total re-boot, and is also a fun little series. The Japanese producers took a gamble that paid off: Instead of having the girls' voiced by regular professional voice actresses, they're voiced by actual young girls. It works brilliantly.

    Louie the Rune Soldier: This is another fun series. It's a bit underrated but very enjoyable.

  16. #216
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeka View Post
    Sasami has been spun off several times from Tenchi Muyo. There was the OVA, where Tenchi was her older brother. Next came Magical Project S. It's very much a spinoff, with lots of tie-in nods to the original series, though totally different: Tsunami, the Aeka look-a-like, etc. It's a fun little series.

    Sasami Magical Girls Club has only two familiar connections (other than Sasami), Washu and Mihoshi, but is a total re-boot, and is also a fun little series. The Japanese producers took a gamble that paid off: Instead of having the girls' voiced by regular professional voice actresses, they're voiced by actual young girls. It works brilliantly.

    Louie the Rune Soldier: This is another fun series. It's a bit underrated but very enjoyable.
    I know about the i didn't mention. I didn't bother mentioning it for various reasons. I however am lucky enough to own a copy. Not just of that but of Magical Project s and Sasami magical girls club. Hell including bootlegs(bloody internet) i own every series that has seen a US release(just the original series and movies are bootlegs) including fansubs i have seen every tenchi series and spinoff. So ueah i left it out for a few reasons.

  17. #217
    Legendary! Absolute Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyojin View Post
    does anyone know of any animes similar to "Ghost Hunt" such an awesome anime shame it was short though :/

    also for people who like swordplay anime's check out Brave 10 recently started only 2 episodes out so far, first one hooked me fast
    These are two recommended anime from MAL, haven't seen any of these anime, so take it with a grain of salt. :P

    http://myanimelist.net/anime/7662/Shinrei_Tantei_Yakumo
    In order to help a friend possessed by a spirit, Ozawa Haruka knocks on the door of her university's movie research association. There she meets Saitou Yakumo, a rude, unkempt young man with a red left eye, who is said to have spiritual powers. At first Haruka is skeptical, but she comes to believe him when he conveys messages from her older sister, who died when she was a child. Together, they work to shed light on the terrifying events happening at their university. But this is only the prologue of what's to come...

    http://myanimelist.net/anime/2369/Rental_Magica
    Due to his father's disappearance, Itsuki Iba has to take over the family business: a magician dispatch service. Their family employs countless magicians and other supernatural beings in order to send them out to help those who need magical assistance. As a leader, Itsuki now has to be tough, commanding, and reliable, but there's one problem, he's a coward. Also, in order to run a successful business, he must connect with his employees, which is more difficult than it seems due to his personality. But not only does he have to deal with his own employees, he also has to deal with those who threaten the family business.





  18. #218
    Anything even remotely close to "Bleach" in terms of fighting, story, ect.. also with some romance maybe.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Anything even remotely close to "Bleach" in terms of fighting, story, ect.. also with some romance maybe.
    Yu Yu Hakusho if you don't mind older stuff

  20. #220
    Legendary! Absolute Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Anything even remotely close to "Bleach" in terms of fighting, story, ect.. also with some romance maybe.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/3588/Soul_Eater

    Set in the Shinigami technical school for weapon meisters, the series revolves around 3 groups of each a weapon meister and a human weapon. Trying to make the latter a "Death Scythe" which is the highest title for a weapon and thus fit for use by the Shinigami, they must collect the souls of 99 evil humans and 1 witch.

    Maka & Soul Eater, Black Star & Tsubaki, and Death the Kid with Patty and Liz Thompson are the characters Soul Eater revolves around. Besides taking the time to gather souls, these students of Shibusen defend Death City from some of the most powerful of creatures while still attending school and trying to become stronger.



    http://myanimelist.net/anime/1482/D.Gray-man

    Towards the end of the 19th century, Allen Walker officially joins the organization of Exorcists that destroy the beings known as Akuma; mechanic weapons made by the Millennium Earl with the suffering souls of the dead. Allen has both a cursed eye and an anti-Akuma weapon as an arm, bearing the power of "Innocence", a gift given to him as an apostle of God. Allen, along with his fellow Exorcists must put a stop to the Millennium Earl's ultimate plot that could lead to the destruction of the world and all who live on it.

    Towards the end of the 19th century, Allen Walker officially joins the organization of Exorcists that destroy the beings known as Akuma; mechanic weapons made by the Millennium Earl with the suffering souls of the dead. Allen has both a cursed eye and an anti-Akuma weapon as an arm, bearing the power of "Innocence", a gift given to him as an apostle of God. Allen, along with his fellow Exorcists must put a stop to the Millennium Earl's ultimate plot that could lead to the destruction of the world and all who live on it.
    Last edited by Absolute Justice; 2012-01-18 at 04:52 AM.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •