Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Desperatus:

I think you will like Spice & Wolf a lot. Another recommendation is Fate/Zero but thats mainly because it's good no matter what, not because of what u wanted, but you will probably like it.

Some neat stuff to look through, it seems.

And no, I haven't seen Brotherhood. I was aware of it, for the most part, but decided I'd wait a bit before watching it seeing as I finished the first anime last night.

From the looks of it Fate/Zero might be my next port of call!

Thanks!
    If you spend your entire life getting senpai to notice you, you'll never notice anyone else.

2philosophical4me

Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    Some neat stuff to look through, it seems.

And no, I haven't seen Brotherhood. I was aware of it, for the most part, but decided I'd wait a bit before watching it seeing as I finished the first anime last night.

From the looks of it Fate/Zero might be my next port of call!

Thanks!
    If you haven´t watched Darker than Black, i highly recommend it. Just rewatched this anime some time ago, watched it as much as 4 times in total, and it got a good spin-off

aside from that there are many animies with a good story, some action and adult oriented, like:
    Phantom- Requiem for the Phantom: a really twisted plot with a lot of tragedy, but also cruel
    Canaan: a little bit like phantom in regards to the story
    Birdy the mighty (and the sequel Birdy the mighty decode): it has a fantasy setting and a nice twist in story and the main charakters. also a lot of action

and as for the ones allready mentioned here, FMA and FMA brotherhood both were really good, same can be said about Fate/Zero

Like a few other people here, I have been on a pretty long break from animes for a while. I'd really like to get back into it however, but I don't know where to begin exactly.

The best example of the stuff I'm looking for is probably something along the lines of Sword Art Online (arguably the best damn series I've seen in my entire life, anime or not). If you haven't seen it however, I'm looking for something that's not only exciting, but also touching. In short, I want something that'll make me cry for days. I enjoy strong romance, drama, perhaps some more mature elements as well although it isn't necessary. A plus would be if there's also some action/exciting scenes in it, but it's not a requirement.

I enjoy animes like Naruto and Bleach, but frankly, they're starting to get long-winded and I'm sick of fillers at this point. Shorter ones with amazing story is mainly what I'm looking for.

But hey, I'm still a total newbie to this whole scene so if you have ANY "must see"-animes, let me know. My english sucks, but I hope you get the idea.
    Last edited by Coronius; 2013-02-13 at 07:40 AM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Coronius:

Romance(ish):
    Spice & Wolf
    Clannad
    Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
    Kimi ni Todoke
    Kokoro Connect
    Toradora

Just good in general:
    Death Note
    Fate/Zero (Fate/ Stay Night as well but imo it's not very good)
    Seitokai Yakuindomo if you like comedy
    Angel Beats
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (The world god only knows)
    Last edited by Diesta; 2013-02-13 at 11:38 AM.

another good one, with a lot of commedy, action and tragedy is Kekkaishi, even so the manga was a lot better, the anime isn´t bad either, maybe try it sometime. it still got 52 epidodes, so maybe a little too long?

if it should be shorter, there are Heroic Age (i think 26 episodes or something like that) and Noein (24 episodes), both with a unique setting, both fanatasy, the first one playing in space, the 2nd on earth. there is a little bit of romance, tragic, action and twist in both.

something totally different is The Piano Forest, it´s an anime film about 2 friends and the competition between them.
    (the manga which the film is based on is still ongoing and has a story worth many films, so maybe there ´ll be a sequel)
    Last edited by sandini; 2013-02-13 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Coronius:

Romance(ish):
    Spice & Wolf
    Clannad
    Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
    Kimi ni Todoke
    Kokoro Connect
    Toradora

Just good in general:
    Death Note
    Fate/Zero (Fate/ Stay Night as well but imo it's not very good)
    Seitokai Yakuindomo if you like comedy
    Angel Beats
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (The world god only knows)
    Thanks a lot, I'll definitely look into these. One question though; Will I understand Fate/Zero or do I have to watch Fate/Stay Night (or something else) first?
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Thanks a lot, I'll definitely look into these. One question though; Will I understand Fate/Zero or do I have to watch Fate/Stay Night (or something else) first?
    You don't have to watch Fate/Stay Night to appreciate the Fate/Zero, but there are kind of like "cameos" with some of the characters in the original, but it doesn't detract at all from the show if you have no prior knowledge. I'd go as far to say that some people might actually like watching Fate/Zero first, then Fate/Stay Night after, and others might like it the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    I do not promote pedophilia, however I find the Pedobear character to be amusing and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    Hey hey.

So, I haven't really watched much Anime, in fact, nothing at all until a couple weeks ago when I started watching the 2003 series of Fullmetal Alchemist on impulse.

51 episodes later and I'm sitting here in my underwear crying like I've just won an oscar.

So, I quite fancy delving into more anime and I thought I'd check in here for some recommendations.

I'm looking for something that contains the following:

- Some action
    - More adult themes (I've never really been able to define the term "adult themes" without sounding like someone with a perversion for murder so I shan't go any further in fear of doing that once more!)
    - A fantasy setting and story (I'd rather nothing that seems too real, FMA had a nice blend of realism and fantasy taking our world and our physics and chucking Alchemy into the mix although I'd be happy to go for straight fantasy, Sci-Fi or anything out of the ordinary)
    - Strong characters (I ended up feeling very attached to the characters from FMA so things like deaths hit me very hard, that sort of emotional connection has to be there, otherwise I will get bored very, very quickly. Even if the characters aren't likable or relate-able, having deep and interesting characters will keep me entertained)
    - And a decent offering in terms of length (If an anime can keep me going for a good few weeks it's a big plus, total time of at least 10 hours, preferably around the 15+ mark, although that doesn't mean I'm not going to watch an anime film or a series it's just that I'd rather have something I can watch over a long period of time)

(Also, I have a soft spot for romance sub-plots if there are any that do have said sub-plots. However, it won't be a deal breaker if they don't)

It may be a bit to ask for, but I know what I like in a show (I watch a lot of live action shows in my downtime) and I was hoping that could be translated into an anime!

Thanks!
    Desp.
    All of the series that the others have suggested are good especially Fate/Zero, but in addition to that I would suggest Gintama for you. I'm not actually sure why people here seem to not recommend it for anyone, but it's an awesome anime with comedy, "adult themes" and also great serious story arcs with good fight scenes if you are into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    All of the series that the others have suggested are good especially Fate/Zero, but in addition to that I would suggest Gintama for you. I'm not actually sure why people here seem to not recommend it for anyone, but it's an awesome anime with comedy, "adult themes" and also great serious story arcs with good fight scenes if you are into that.
    nvm. read wrong.
    Last edited by Diesta; 2013-02-14 at 09:20 PM.

Im really surprised i havent seen Zetsuen No Tempest anywhere. Especially for those who loved Code Geass, Death Note and the likes, will fall in love with that one. In the first 3 or maybe 4 episodes you may say, duh that story is dull and nothing special, but i promise you, it is truly a masterpiece!

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Im really surprised i havent seen Zetsuen No Tempest anywhere. Especially for those who loved Code Geass, Death Note and the likes, will fall in love with that one. In the first 3 or maybe 4 episodes you may say, duh that story is dull and nothing special, but i promise you, it is truly a masterpiece!
    i love it and recommend it.

im also in love with Mondaiji Tachi, its absolutely hilarious watching them toy with Black Rabbit.
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2013-02-16 at 08:45 PM.

I'm gonna have to do another request. Do you guys have any good suggestions for animes where the main character turns evil? Again, preferably with some drama or action as well.

I've been watching Guilty Crown lately, and while the series overall was pretty disappointing I loved two of the episodes for this very reason, and I feel it's a concept that I'd like to explore some more.
    You die.
    You are dead.

I'm gonna have to do another request. Do you guys have any good suggestions for animes where the main character turns evil? Again, preferably with some drama or action as well.

I've been watching Guilty Crown lately, and while the series overall was pretty disappointing I loved two of the episodes for this very reason, and I feel it's a concept that I'd like to explore some more.
    Code Geass and Death Note would be the ovious ones, but you probably already know those. Aside from those i dont know anything that fits well. Mirai Nikki maybe, theres one main character who plays rope jumping with good and bad..

Hmm, can't think of much off the top of my head, but something that springs to mind is Shakugan no Shana. Really, the main guy doesn't turn "evil" in the same sense, but, he does choose to go against the grain of what all the "good" people want to do, and it does portray him as the antagonist. Of course, this is after 2 seasons of drama and fighting. Check it out. It isn't the most mind-blowing story out there, but I feel it's a good story (albiet, a little prolonged).

Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    I do not promote pedophilia, however I find the Pedobear character to be amusing and funny.

i can only remember 1 with a little bit of story in regards to evil mainchars, but it is mostly an gag (and sports) anime, eyeshield 21 .One of the main characters is notorius evil, in a good and funny way.

i can also recommend Eden of the East, with a really good story and different (also evil) approaches in saving modern day japan (what else? )

Hello everyone, I began to watch an anime a few months ago but I cant remember the name. I looked everywhere trying to find it but I didn't manage to find it, I only remember a few parts of the plot.

Spoiler ahead:

It is the story of a nerdy girl who only cares about school and nothing else. She then meets a strange boy who skips class for many reasons and they fall in love with each other. After a while, the boy returns to school and is extremely intelligent and has better marks than the girl, making her jealous. Finally, the last thing I remember is that the boy brought a chicken to his school and they build a coop for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shagoku View Post
    Hello everyone, I began to watch an anime a few months ago but I cant remember the name. I looked everywhere trying to find it but I didn't manage to find it, I only remember a few parts of the plot.

Spoiler ahead:

It is the story of a nerdy girl who only cares about school and nothing else. She then meets a strange boy who skips class for many reasons and they fall in love with each other. After a while, the boy returns to school and is extremely intelligent and has better marks than the girl, making her jealous. Finally, the last thing I remember is that the boy brought a chicken to his school and they build a coop for it.

Thanks
    its Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun you are looking for:
    http://bakabt.me/169246-tonari-no-ka...0p-commie.html

Thank you very much kind sir!

i have forsaken this thead, i'm sowwie
    //back to anime