Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Light novel, anime, both are terrible, don't know why you'd want to subject yourself to that. Anyone who says "YOU NEED TO read ___ to critique ___" needs to get a clue, that is such a cop out, any series is open to judgement and critique, if you've read the source or not.

People are allowed to have opinions on something you like that differ from your own you know.
    Exactly.

I enjoyed the series but I felt there could have been more content on clearing the levels. That was the only part that fell over. It followed the novel well but still its like tower of duraga. I would have liked it if we saw more of the actual tower/dungeon being cleared. but I can't be picky it was still freaking awesome.

Hello,
    I am wanting to start watching an anime but I am not sure which one. The ones that I have watched and really enjoyed are:
    DragonballZ(gt)
    Bleach
    Naruto

I am looking for something that's somewhat similar or same "feel".
    I am not exactly sure what genre they come under, I am a "noob" when it comes to anime compared to most of guys posting here.

So what do you guys think I should watch next?

Thank you

have you tried watching Code Geass season 1 and 2 yet crowz? give it a go.

I mean if the story line in the manga SAO was similar to the anime then wouldn't it just mean (in my opinion) that the story would of felt rushed in the manga the same way the anime was?

If they used all ABSOLUTELY everything from the manga then a some what rushed first arc manga translated into a rushed imo anime, who knew.

Keep in mind i have only watched the anime but the people who keep saying that " you need to read the manga" or " they used all the side stories" doesn't really cut it imo. This is a anime thread not a manga, we make critiques on the show not the book. So saying that somebody can't judge SAO in one medium until they experience it in another is the most close minded thing i have ever heard.

If the anime can't stand on its own feet then it's just not a great anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    Hello,
    I am wanting to start watching an anime but I am not sure which one. The ones that I have watched and really enjoyed are:
    DragonballZ(gt)
    Bleach
    Naruto

I am not exactly sure what genre they come under, I am a "noob" when it comes to anime compared to most of guys posting here.

Thank you
    Fairy Tail same genre and VERY similar artstyle to One Piece as well.

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Exoblade View Post
    I mean if the story line in the manga SAO was similar to the anime then wouldn't it just mean (in my opinion) that the story would of felt rushed in the manga the same way the anime was?

If they used all ABSOLUTELY everything from the manga then a some what rushed first arc manga translated into a rushed imo anime, who knew.

Keep in mind i have only watched the anime but the people who keep saying that " you need to read the manga" or " they used all the side stories" doesn't really cut it imo. This is a anime thread not a manga, we make critiques on the show not the book. So saying that somebody can't judge SAO in one medium until they experience it in another is the most close minded thing i have ever heard.

If the anime can't stand on its own feet then it's just not a great anime.
    Ummmm i'm not sure if SAO even HAS a manga...I think you mean Light Novel.

Hello,
    DragonballZ(gt)
    Bleach
    Naruto

Thank you
    All of those fall under the Shounen genre and have adventure/superpowers/action elements to them, and there are tons of similar series out there.
    My list of recommendations would be:
    Hunter x Hunter (2011)
    Fairy Tail
    One Piece
    Gintama
    FMA: Brotherhood

These are all decently long so you shouldn't run out of episodes to watch anytime soon.

The funny thing about SAO is that its haters are the most passionate people I've ever met. Over at MAL some people have been spending hours debating, hating and bashing it - an anime they don't even enjoy. What's the point? "If you disgree, you know nothing about animes and you should be ashamed of yourself". It's not gonna convince fans that the show is bad. Personally I love it, but some people seem to get offended by that.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but what's the difference between manga and light novel? Or rather, what IS a light novel?
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Brewmaster
    @Coronius. People only disagree so heavily with the praise of SAO due to the fact some people state it is among the best anime of all time. SAO has alot more people singing its praises then it has bashing it. But most of the people I see bash it never call it bad, they just call it average, which it kind of is.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    The funny thing about SAO is that its haters are the most passionate people I've ever met. Over at MAL some people have been spending hours debating, hating and bashing it - an anime they don't even enjoy. What's the point? "If you disgree, you know nothing about animes and you should be ashamed of yourself". It's not gonna convince fans that the show is bad. Personally I love it, but some people seem to get offended by that.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but what's the difference between manga and light novel? Or rather, what IS a light novel?
    think of manga as the us equiv of comics, and light novels are...well, a light novel i guess, they tend to be more in depth, and sometimes a light novel gets a manga adaptation.
    mangas tend to be more pictures, where as novels are more words (if you want detail, read the light novels, if you want to see pictures, read teh manga, however, for teh BEST idea of whats going on, i like to do BOTH, as it aids in visualization).

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    "If you disgree, you know nothing about animes and you should be ashamed of yourself". It's not gonna convince fans that the show is bad. Personally I love it, but some people seem to get offended by that.
    Its the same case as the people who love Naruto/Bleach/other generic shonen and will say with a straight face that its the best anime in the world then completely ignore any faults other people will bring up to the contrary. I didnt mind the first season of SAO, the second one was horrible, and had either of them not had some of the issues they had - it wouldve been a great show. My issue with SAO is people are somehow able to completely ignore these issues and still manage to hype it beyond what is neccessary for how good it is. Ive watched people recommend it to people as "the best anime ever!!" then had them come back a week later and post how disappointed they were once they finished season 2 because of how all over the place it was.

5069-5224-8275 Pokemon Friend Safari - Ice: Lapras / Snorunt / Sneasel

planning on watching naruto, and was wondering if i should start with

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409591/?ref_=sr_1 or can skip straight to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0988824/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

any suggestions would be nice
    tralala

Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    Watch the first one first and Shippuden afterwards or else you'll basically start from the middle.

It does have a manga.
    thnx /10char
    tralala

It does have a manga.
    Just a side note - the manga version is actually based on the animated version, rather than the original light novel, so a lot of the scenes are just traces from the show and a ton of the panels look under drawn and it some how manages to be worse than the anime.

Watch the first one first and Shippuden afterwards or else you'll basically start from the middle.

It does have a manga.

But the original was a novel.

I just finished watching Code Geass R1 and R2. There is alot of speculation on "the internet" about a third season.
    Are they working on a 3rd season or no? same characters or different timeline? etc..

Anyone know? what do you guys think?

I just finished watching Code Geass R1 and R2. There is alot of speculation on "the internet" about a third season.
    Are they working on a 3rd season or no? same characters or different timeline? etc..

Anyone know? what do you guys think?
    R3 is a fable...HOWEVER there are manga spinoffs such as Nightmare of Nunnaly and Renya of the Darkness(Shikoku no Renya in japanese if i recall right)) as well as the new OVA still being made called Code Geass Akito The Exiled...Then we got the Light Novels, the manga of the series name, the Suzaku spinoff the fanservice spinoff(Code Geass: Queens and Code Geass Knights one for women one for men...assuming straight) and soooo many others....Just ummm yeah hit up what you can LOL.

Pandaren Monk
    So, I just finished watching Steins;gate.. And god damn that show was good! But.. I need a new one, any suggestions?

List of what I've watched:
    Naruto
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Hellsing
    Code Geass
    Fairy Tail
    Steins;gate
    Death Note
    Sword Art Online
    (Those are the ones I remember stright of the bat.)
    Art is a long and tedious journy, and still so worth it.

Instagram
    Facebook-Art page

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    So, I just finished watching Steins;gate.. And god damn that show was good! But.. I need a new one, any suggestions?

List of what I've watched:
    Naruto
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Hellsing
    Code Geass
    Fairy Tail
    Steins;gate
    Death Note
    Sword Art Online
    (Those are the ones I remember stright of the bat.)
    If by Hellsing you mean the normal episodes, you should definitly watch Hellsing Ultimate! It follows the manga and is much, much more awesome in every aspect.
    Also, since you watched (and i just assume loved, since they are awesome :P ) Code Geass, Steins Gate and Death Note, Zetsuen no Tempest might be up your league. It has the same intellectual feeling and really keeps you on your toes. The first few episodes may seem too generic, but episode by episode it just keeps getting better and better.
    Also, in regard to Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail and so on, Ao no Exorcist might also be something for you.

Now for myself, i am also looking for some new Anime. This is what i have watched so far, rating included to make it easier to recommend something:
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Comburo

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    If by Hellsing you mean the normal episodes, you should definitly watch Hellsing Ultimate! It follows the manga and is much, much more awesome in every aspect.
    Also, since you watched (and i just assume loved, since they are awesome :P ) Code Geass, Steins Gate and Death Note, Zetsuen no Tempest might be up your league. It has the same intellectual feeling and really keeps you on your toes. The first few episodes may seem too generic, but episode by episode it just keeps getting better and better.
    Also, in regard to Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail and so on, Ao no Exorcist might also be something for you.

Now for myself, i am also looking for some new Anime. This is what i have watched so far, rating included to make it easier to recommend something:
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Comburo
    I've seen all the Hellsing.
    Will check out Zetsuen no Tempest now. Thanks for the tips.
    Art is a long and tedious journy, and still so worth it.

Instagram
    Facebook-Art page

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I've seen all the Hellsing.
    Will check out Zetsuen no Tempest now. Thanks for the tips.
    Zetsuen No Tempest is pure badass.