Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    ill check'em out, thanks

Hello everyone!
    I'm kinda new to the animes but I have a lot of free time and I always look forward to starting a new good anime! Thing is... it's a bit hard sometimes to find something that suits my tastes aside from the "juggernauts".
    Animes I've watched so far are : One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail and Attack on Titan.
    What I'm looking for is:
    Another anime with a good and funny protagonist who values his/her friends, improves and becomes stronger in his way to achieve his goal, fights big organizations to accomplish his goal (espada/akatsuki/shichibukai) and has a large cast of supporting characters with interesting backgrounds that make them look fresh and unique. Also it would be nice if the anime has really cool/emotional OSTs and if it's an ongoing long anime.
    Maybe I ask a bit too much but thank you in advance :c

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I'm kinda new to the animes but I have a lot of free time and I always look forward to starting a new good anime! Thing is... it's a bit hard sometimes to find something that suits my tastes aside from the "juggernauts".
    Animes I've watched so far are : One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail and Attack on Titan.
    What I'm looking for is:
    Another anime with a good and funny protagonist who values his/her friends, improves and becomes stronger in his way to achieve his goal, fights big organizations to accomplish his goal (espada/akatsuki/shichibukai) and has a large cast of supporting characters with interesting backgrounds that make them look fresh and unique. Also it would be nice if the anime has really cool/emotional OSTs and if it's an ongoing long anime.
    Ao No Exorcist / Blue Exorcist sounds like it fits perfectly. Interesting story, interesting characters and one of the most awesome soundtracks i have ever heard in an anime.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/9919/Ao_no_Exorcist
    And as an example for the soundtrack:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0rkfT6R4pM

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Ao No Exorcist / Blue Exorcist sounds like it fits perfectly. Interesting story, interesting characters and one of the most awesome soundtracks i have ever heard in an anime.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/9919/Ao_no_Exorcist
    And as an example for the soundtrack:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0rkfT6R4pM
    The soundtrack you linked me is pretty good, I've went ahead and read a short review of the anime too and it looks like something that suits my tastes. Thank you very much :>

The soundtrack you linked me is pretty good, I've went ahead and read a short review of the anime too and it looks like something that suits my tastes. Thank you very much :>
    No problem, you might also want to check out Soul Eater, Nurarihyon no Mago and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. They too have a great story (the Fullmetal Alchemist one, is even one of the best out there), while also have some comedy elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Little Witch Academia : One-Shot/OAV 4.5/5.

An awesome, TV series episode length animation, funded by the 2012 Young Animator Training Project. Basically, Harry Potter via mahou shoujo, but far faster paced due to the compressed time frame, with its own twist. An excellent action anime, with tightly paced action, fairly standard, but quirky and likeable characters, with exceptional animation. It's the kind of animation that could act as a pilot to a full series and hopefully might. It's got numerous little magic based in-jokes and subtle nods going on. I'd recommend it to most anyone looking for something quick and entertaining to watch.
    I'll second this one, it was enjoyable, and they've got a kickstarter going to try and make more.

What I'm looking for is:
    Yu yu hakusho, rurouni kenshin, hunter x hunter, scryed, busou renkin, get backers(anime splits off from manga about 3/4s through, manga has lots more stuff), project arms (this one is really average), hitman reborn! (first lots of episodes are kinda different but turns into typical shounen power level stuff, manga is still on going), tengen toppa gurren lagann, soul eater (splits from manga about 3/4ths of the way through, manga is still on going)

if you don't mind shows that don't have a real ending: guyver (manga is still on going after like 20+ years), flame of recca (manga has a real ending, there is also an ova that shows the ending but a lot of stuff happens between the ova and the end of the anime), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi (manga is still on going)

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Hey guys does anyone know a similar anime to toradora or sakurasou no pet kanojo? Slice of life, comedy, romance and such. Thanks in advance.
    Sakurasou is one of my favourites

I'm not sure what you have watched but I've watched tones of anime that falls into those genres, unfortunately not many have been as memorable as sakurasou.

Not sure if you have watched any of these since you didnt provide a list of any kind.

Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de - One of my recent discoveries that actually turned out to be pretty funny and really enjoyable. Give it about 3 eps to get started. If you really enjoy it you will probably enjoy its alternative setting "Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!", its a completely different anime but a few of the characters are almost exactly the same when it comes to their personalities (same authors).

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru - Worth checking out the first two to three eps, similar to Sakurasou though its very recent so you may have seen it.

Mayo Chiki! - Again, similar to Sakurasou genre related

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. - Female lead is very similar to the female lead in Sakurasou due to their emotionless faces.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai - The synopsis sounds stupid and I put it off for a few months because of it, eventually when I came around to watching it it turned out to be an Anime I'd gladly place in a top 20 list. Chances are you have probably watched it though, season 3 is currently airing.

Hi folks.

I'm Uggor, a lot of people in random places on the boards know me, but I rarely poke my head in here. I have a need/want to get into more Anime, and have taken a few suggestions already.

- Anime I've already seen:
    My Anime List

This also includes ones I intend to watch.

- Favorite genres or genre you would like to get recommendations off:

I don't really know. I like fighting, but could do with a really good story. The fighting in Bleach I liked a lot, the fighting in Fairy Tail is kind of meh to me. Fighting in stuff like Ghost in the Shell is really awesome too.

- [optional] Genres you don't like:

Again, I really have no idea.

I haven't watched enough different anime to really get too into types I love or dislike. I watched DBZ when it originally aired when I was growing up. I have seen every episode of Bleach, and I fell in love with that anime (people give me a lot of grief for it, but whatev, personal taste)

Anyhow, I'm mostly looking to expand out into some more stuff, hence the need to watch list on the MAL I posted. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

<3

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Hi folks.

I'm Uggor, a lot of people in random places on the boards know me, but I rarely poke my head in here. I have a need/want to get into more Anime, and have taken a few suggestions already.

<3
    so you like mainly fighting anime it seems. seeing as thats the primary genre for most anime these days that is easy. some of my recommendations may be less about the fighting but have good stories none the less.

Attack on Titan (Currently Airing)

Infinite Stratos (Getting Second Season in the Fall)
    Magi (Same)
    Valvrave the Liberator (Same)

Oda Nobuna No Yabo
    Campione
    Hataraku Maou-Sama

i have more but this should be a great starting point. if you PM me later with the shows on this list that you actually liked, i can tailor a list that suits your recommendations, but for the most part i tried to stray away from the "Big Name" animes (With the exception of Attack on Titan) simply because it seems you already have those on Lockdown (Fairy Tail, etc).

Hi folks.

- Anime I've already seen:
    My Anime List
    well you're missing One Piece and Naruto from 'extremely long episode list with fighting and power levels' animes. You could probably check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    well you're missing One Piece and Naruto from 'extremely long episode list with fighting and power levels' animes. You could probably check those out.
    Oh yeah, I heard good things about OP, and I just remembered someone telling me Trigun was good.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    so you like mainly fighting anime it seems. seeing as thats the primary genre for most anime these days that is easy. some of my recommendations may be less about the fighting but have good stories none the less.

Attack on Titan (Currently Airing)

Infinite Stratos (Getting Second Season in the Fall)
    Magi (Same)
    Valvrave the Liberator (Same)

Oda Nobuna No Yabo
    Campione
    Hataraku Maou-Sama

i have more but this should be a great starting point. if you PM me later with the shows on this list that you actually liked, i can tailor a list that suits your recommendations, but for the most part i tried to stray away from the "Big Name" animes (With the exception of Attack on Titan) simply because it seems you already have those on Lockdown (Fairy Tail, etc).
    I certainly appreciate it ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Fate/Zero (spoilers in the related videos list), Kara no Kyoukai, Canaan, Ga-Rei Zero.
    I'll add these as well.

Thanks guys! ^_^

So I've been reading/watching a bit out of my usual. Been getting pretty interested in the tragic style anime/manga, Elfen Lied(manga/anime), Future Diary(manga), Deadman Wonderland(manga) to name the most recent. Looking for something along those lines, maybe with a "happy" ending but not required. Thanks in advance!
    "If you ever start to take things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe."

Quote Originally Posted by Korozion View Post
    So I've been reading/watching a bit out of my usual. Been getting pretty interested in the tragic style anime/manga, Elfen Lied(manga/anime), Future Diary(manga), Deadman Wonderland(manga) to name the most recent. Looking for something along those lines, maybe with a "happy" ending but not required. Thanks in advance!
    Have you watched/read Gantz?

Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    I do not promote pedophilia, however I find the Pedobear character to be amusing and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Have you watched/read Gantz?
    A friend of mine told me about it awhile back but I was so swamped with other shows and manga that i was reading at the time that I never got around to it.
    "If you ever start to take things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe."

Requesting some decent anime preferably with more than 1 season.

genres im interested in: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Fantasy, Harem,
    Love-Romance, Magic, Martial Arts, Mystery, Psychological, School, Super Power, Supernatural, tragedy.

current favorites include: Shingeki no Kyojin, Clannad / After Story, Ano Hara, Code Geass

i really enjoy a deep storyline that doesnt go off on tangents every 3-4 episodes.

Oh yeah, I heard good things about OP, and I just remembered someone telling me Trigun was good.
    since you skipped mentioning naruto, what have you heard about it? it's actually pretty good as long as you get a list of filler episodes and avoid those.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcentrik View Post
    current favorites include: Shingeki no Kyojin, Clannad / After Story, Ano Hara, Code Geass

i really enjoy a deep storyline that doesnt go off on tangents every 3-4 episodes.
    Try Death note and Puella Magi Madoka Magica (you'll want to get into for a few episodes before determining if you like it, it's pretty short anyways)

Requesting some decent anime preferably with more than 1 season.

genres im interested in: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Fantasy, Harem,
    Love-Romance, Magic, Martial Arts, Mystery, Psychological, School, Super Power, Supernatural, tragedy.
    Toradora, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ano Natsu De Matteru, 3x3 Eyes episodes 1-4 (aka Ova 1 + 2), Occult Academy.

Monogatari series (Comedy, Harem, Romance, Comedy, Supernatural) Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Drama, Fantasy, Magic, Psychological, Super Power, Tragedy), Fate/Zero (Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic, Psychological, Super Power, Supernatural, tragedy), Mononoke (Action, Adventure, Supernatural, Psychological), Ghost Hound (Drama, Supernatural, Mystery, Psychological, Tragedy), Serial Experiments Lain (Drama, Psychological, Supernatural).
    Last edited by Digglett; 2013-07-28 at 10:26 PM.

I made a romance recommendation list for someone on reddit a while back. Figured it might be of use to someone here so here it is.

I'll separate the shows into three categories.

The first is just your normal romance, boy/girl ect.

The second is what's known as shoujo-ai/yuri. It's essentialy "girls love" or girl x girl, rather than your standard boy x girl. This might be off putting for some people, but I'd say don't knock it till you try it. I vastly prefer it over your standard romances, but to each his own.

The third is your ecchi/harem/ect type romances. I know not everyone likes these shows, so I'll separate them from the "normal" romance anime.

Some of these shows are more subtle when it comes to the romance elements, but it is present in all of them.

First Category (normal):

Nana

The World God Only Knows

Rec

Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

Gosick

Nazo no Kanojo X

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Bokura ga Ita

Ore Shura

Kokoro Connect

True Tears

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Spice and Wolf (If you haven't seen this, watch it right now. Do not sleep till you're finished lol.)

Amagami SS

Myself ; Yourself

Clannad/Clannad: After Story

Toradora

Sukitte Ii na yo

Higashi no Eden

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

Honey and Clover

Hotarubi no Mori e

Kamisama Hajimemashita

Kimi ni Todoke

Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi