10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    It's been a while since i read Kizu and watched bake, but i'm pretty sure Kizu is the first part of the monogatari series chronologically, as it's about how Araragi and Shinobu first meet, and how he gets his powers. That said, I'm definitely looking forward to it, although considering it's a 3 part movie series, it probably won't be until sometime in 2017 that all of it will be out.
    Well, the movie that is supposedly being worked on is the prequel showing golden week when he was turned into a vampire and how he was saved. Said movie has been in the works for years though and still no word on it.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Well, the movie that is supposedly being worked on is the prequel showing golden week when he was turned into a vampire and how he was saved. Said movie has been in the works for years though and still no word on it.
    yeah i know what it's about, i read it, and there is word on it, was announced a couple of days ago. http://www.kizumonogatari-movie.com/ it's a 3 parter with first part scheduled for January 8th 2016, however unless you are in Japan or some other country that will actually show the movie in Cinema, it's probably going to be sometime in 2017 before we got all 3 parts on bluray/dvd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRdtWrE9bF8 here's the trailer as well, it's quite interesting the way they changed some of the character designs somewhat, might take some getting used to. Apart from Shinobu anyway, her short haired version is cute as hell.

Does anyone know if Berserk is getting new movies after The Golden Age Arc?
    There's so much material to cover...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Does anyone know if Berserk is getting new movies after The Golden Age Arc?
    There's so much material to cover...
    God I hope so, especially now that there has been a few monthly chapters in a row and another at the end of this month. But there is plenty of material they could go right up to the end of the sea god fight with guts. If you look at the openers for the 3 movies of the golden age you see the young witch and some of the other troupe guts is with two years after the ending of the god hand scene.

I want Ubel Blatt anime to happen, I love that manga so much.
    Last edited by Bushtuckrman; 2015-10-05 at 10:45 PM.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i know what it's about, i read it, and there is word on it, was announced a couple of days ago. http://www.kizumonogatari-movie.com/ it's a 3 parter with first part scheduled for January 8th 2016, however unless you are in Japan or some other country that will actually show the movie in Cinema, it's probably going to be sometime in 2017 before we got all 3 parts on bluray/dvd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRdtWrE9bF8 here's the trailer as well, it's quite interesting the way they changed some of the character designs somewhat, might take some getting used to. Apart from Shinobu anyway, her short haired version is cute as hell.
    Awesome to finally see something about it. Blows cause you are right about the whole amount of time it will take to get here. I wish I could read the books none of the translations I can find are anywhere near complete.

Awesome to finally see something about it. Blows cause you are right about the whole amount of time it will take to get here. I wish I could read the books none of the translations I can find are anywhere near complete.
    Kizumonogatari has been fan translated for a long time, and is apparently getting an official release in English at the end of november.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kizumonogatari has been fan translated for a long time, and is apparently getting an official release in English at the end of november.
    Where at because Baka Tsuki has this for it "Scheduled for release by Vertical on Nov 24, 2015". I have searched before and not found anything so if you know a place please let me know.

EDIT: Never mind I just found out it has been licensed and preordered it.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2015-10-07 at 07:26 PM.

Deleted
    Ok... looking for a (pref. short) series that has no sadness, cruelty, violance, dirty tricks, death etc. (I'm after a marathon of such things and need a change) No magic / fantasy please.

Yeah, I'm asking for a lot but perhaps someone has come across something like that?

Perhaps there is anime that shows group of people doing nice things, always succeeding?

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Ok... looking for a (pref. short) series that has no sadness, cruelty, violance, dirty tricks, death etc. (I'm after a marathon of such things and need a change) No magic / fantasy please.

Yeah, I'm asking for a lot but perhaps someone has come across something like that?

Perhaps there is anime that shows group of people doing nice things, always succeeding?
    Slice of life/comedy shows would probably be the way to go then, or perhaps some sports show. I'll just give a few of my own personal favorites in each of those, as i have no idea what kind of shows you enjoy.

Yuru Yuri: Slice of life/comedy about a group of middle school students, with most of the comedy being yuri related, as the title suggests, with a third season currently airing. http://myanimelist.net/anime/10495/Yuru_Yuri

Hyouka: Slice of life/mystery about a group of high school students who try and solve various small mysteries. Worth watching for the amazing visuals alone. http://myanimelist.net/anime/12189/Hyouka

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou/daily lives of high school boys: Sort of a parody on all the comedy anime with only female characters, but turns out to be more fun than almost all of those. If you like the humor in Gintama, you'd probably enjoy this, as it's somewhat similar, not to mention it has Sugita Tomokazu voicing one of the main characters. http://myanimelist.net/anime/11843/D...ei_no_Nichijou

Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka: A slice of life/comedy about a group of girls working at a cafe. A great watch if you like cute girls, rabbits, various drinks such as coffee and tea set in a quite nice European looking city. Second season is currently airing. http://myanimelist.net/anime/21273/G..._Usagi_Desu_ka

Non Non Biyori: a slice of life about a group of 4 kids living out in the country, in a school with only 5 students of various grades. It's a quite relaxing show to watch, and quite funny at times as well, with likable characters. http://myanimelist.net/anime/17549/Non_Non_Biyori

Yama no Susume: Another cute girls show, this time about mountains. If you have an interest in some of the mountains in Japan, including Fuji, then it's a quite nice show. First season is only 3 minute episodes, but second season is 24 episodes of 15 min. http://myanimelist.net/anime/14355/Yama_no_Susume

ichigo Mashimaro: The oldest show on the list, from 2005, and one of the earlier cute girls shows, surprisingly good comedy though. http://myanimelist.net/anime/488/Ichigo_Mashimaro

Yowamushi Pedal: Sports show about cycling, might not quite be what you are looking for as it's quite long(38 first season and 24 second), but if you want to try out a sports show, this is probably one of the better ones. http://myanimelist.net/anime/18179/Yowamushi_Pedal

Haikyuu: Quite new show, aired last year with a new season airing this season. The show is about volleyball and similar to yowamushi, is a quite popular and very good show. http://myanimelist.net/anime/20583/Haikyuu!!

Deleted
    - Anime I've already seen:

Death Note
    Attack on Titan
    Dragonball Z
    Naruto (+Shippuden up to last new episode) (Really loved this one)
    Sword Art Online
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    A small part of High School of the Dead

- Favorite genres or genre you would like to get recommendations off:
    Not looking for a specific genre, but something similiar to Sword Art Online (Preferably similiar to the first part of season 1) would be great. (I loved the action and pacing. But also the romance between Kirito & Asuna)

-Genres you don't like:

Not really sure, i'd be open to try any genre which you'd really recommend me to watch.
    Last edited by mmoc9368b54333; 2015-10-22 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaghow View Post

Death Note
    Attack on Titan
    Dragonball Z
    Sword Art Online
    Fullmetal Alchemist

Not looking for a specific genre, but something similiar to Sword Art Online (Preferably similiar to the first part of season 1) would be great. (I loved the action and pacing. But also the romance between Kirito & Asuna)

-Genres you don't like:

Not really sure, i'd be open to try any genre which you'd really recommend me to watch.
    Code Geass is right up your alley.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Code Geass is right up your alley.
    Alright thanks, I'll check it out right away!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaghow View Post

Death Note
    Attack on Titan
    Dragonball Z
    Sword Art Online
    Fullmetal Alchemist

-Genres you don't like:

If you like Sword Art Online for the story (first 12 episodes), watch Log Horizon as it's the superior version of SAO.

If you like story, romance & tragedy watch "Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso"

If you like complex story, action, mind fuck, complex and unique anime watch Code Geass.

Tbh, from what you listed you have only watched mainstream shounen (action) anime, the second and third anime I advised are a very big leap from the brainless anime you watched so far (though Full Metal Alchemist is the exception in your list).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post

Sket Dance: It's an anime of a highschool club that's only purpose is to help people often mixed with complex puzzles and challenges (no drama but fun stuff instead).

Best "fun" anime without ecchi (echi = panty shots and over sexualized characters) with very touching moments and always makes you smile during the episode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Doesn't seem to be a popular genre with anime, but is there any horror-ish shows that are decent? Parasyte was a work of art IMO, but willing to look for other dark types not needing to be sci-fi.
    Netflix own anime show "Knights of Sidonia" is pretty good. It's a sci-fi forror anime about next gen humans surviving in space.

If you are ok with animes that only tell the intro (12 episodes and than stop so you have to read manga) than I can give you really good horror anime. All horrors I know are cut off mid/end story and leave you hanging. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Yuru Yuri: Slice of life/comedy about a group of middle school students, with most of the comedy being yuri related, as the title suggests, with a third season currently airing. http://myanimelist.net/anime/10495/Yuru_Yuri
    I am in the middle of season 2 and have no idea why this show is so popular Kyouko is the only thing really in this show that is entertaining. K-On is supposed to be very similar minus the yuri aspects.

Deleted
    I am in the middle of season 2 and have no idea why this show is so popular Kyouko is the only thing really in this show that is entertaining. K-On is supposed to be very similar minus the yuri aspects.
    I haven't seen the anime myself, but a huge flow from teenagers starting to watch anime has been happening the last 2 years...if it has kawai girls or drop of blood in it it gets scored 8/10...

Tokyo Ghoul is a good example, how that pile of shit got rated 7+ is beyond me...I'm half way season two so maybe something mind blowing is going to happen.

Also, K-On was surprisingly fun to watch. I wouldn't call it a great anime, but you could sit down and watch an episode and it gave you a very relaxing and happy mood...which is rare in anime. I didn't expect myself enjoying it as much as I did as I'm usually not a fan of girly anime, no ecchi is a big + to me as well in an all girl anime.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2015-10-22 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sket Dance: It's an anime of a highschool club that's only purpose is to help people often mixed with complex puzzles and challenges (no drama but fun stuff instead).
    So, it's like Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru? Hyouka is similar to that as well but they are solving mysteries for people.
    Netflix own anime show "Knights of Sidonia" is pretty good. It's a sci-fi forror anime about next gen humans surviving in space.
    D:
    I hope to see the final season announced soon since the manga has ended. Although I don't think a lot of the viewers are going to like how it turns out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Tokyo Ghoul is a good example, how that pile of shit got rated 7+ is beyond me...I'm half way season two so maybe something mind blowing is going to happen.
    Yeah I can't force myself to watch that one lol.

As far as the Yuru yuri goes they are middle school girls sitting around but having fun. The yuri aspects of it are mainly 2 twin sisters who want to see pairings happen. The 1 character is the only real reason to watch the show.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2015-10-22 at 06:06 PM.

Well, i guess it's just not your thing. K-on is quite different i'd say, Yuri yuri is much more comedy focused than K-On, and K-On is much more of a slice of life with a bit more of an actual story going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I haven't seen the anime myself, but a huge flow from teenagers starting to watch anime has been happening the last 2 years...if it has kawai girls or drop of blood in it it gets scored 8/10...
    First of all, while there obviously are people that watch both, the audience for the cute girls doing cute things and the edgy shows are quite different. Also nothing has really happened over the last 2 years, it's the same as always, there has always(or at least for a lot longer than 2 years) been new young people getting into anime, generally through various overrated shows. In my case for example it was stuff like Elfen lied back in 2005. I was only 14 back then and at that time i thought it was the greatest thing ever. Due to nostalgia i can still sort of enjoy it, but i can clearly see how silly the show is.

And just like i thought it was amazing back then, there were teens getting into anime around 2011 that thought something like deadman wonderland was a good show, or now something like tokyo ghoul. And while i can only speak from personal experience and from what i've heard from others, but generally most teens don't really seem to get into the slice of life stuff until they've already watched quite a few shows, as most of that age are more interested in action, violence and ecchi.

So, it's like Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru? Hyouka is similar to that as well but they are solving mysteries for people.
    Sket dance is more like a less good Gintama. It's not a bad show, but only real reason to watch it is if you've already watched all of Gintama and want something similar, just in a much less interesting setting.
    Last edited by Fleckens; 2015-10-23 at 02:13 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks everyone So many titles to choose from!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished Seven Deadly Sins and I was thoroughly happy with the whole program and glad to hear it will have a second season next year. If you like shonen adventures like Magi, Fairy Tail, or Hunter X Hunter I will definitely suggest you check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am looking something similar to SoA and Akame ga kill!. Anything good with decent story to recommend? Generally anything in that category would do.

Here's my Anime list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kohuke . I have some yet to watch, but none really hold interest based on the story synopses at present moment.