Thread: [tv] grimm

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    [tv] grimm

    awesome show or what? I'm really surprised no one has made a thread on Grimm, at least I couldn't find one, so I'm starting one, if there is one, maybe a mod can transfer my comment to there and remove this topic.

    But did you watch Friday's episode? Awesome or what.

    that Hexenbeast duel, was awesome, the story development is first class, I really hope she gets to stay a hexenbeast.. that would teach that meddling woman, who's just had it in for Nick a lesson.

    Adelaide is such a victim. but nicerly written, and it got me excited, it's so rare for that to happen in a tv show for me.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2015-02-15 at 11:18 PM.

  2. #2
    I love Grimm, I've been a fan since episode 1. This last Christmas my brother bought me a signed copy of the pilot script.

    And honestly, Monroe and Rosalee are are the only couple I am really a fan of in any show.

    I just wish Nick got to flex his Grimm side a bit more. He's always so constrained by being a cop.
    Last edited by atsawin26; 2015-02-16 at 11:06 AM.
    The Ten Commandments of Internet Angstheism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

    that Hexenbeast duel, was awesome, the story development is first class, I really hope she gets to stay a hexenbeast.. that would teach that meddling woman, who's just had it in for Nick a lesson.
    Heh, one of the best scenes in the entire show was Adelaide running away crying after Juliet hands her ass to her.

  4. #4
    I can't wait until Adeline dies. She is the only character on the show that is terrible. I almost considered not continuing the series at the beginning of this season because every episode had at least 20 minutes of "waaaah wahhh wheres mai bb."

  5. #5
    If you have not seen the teaser for next week. You should go take a look at it. Huge cluster incoming for Nick??

  6. #6
    Pandaren Monk Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    1,770
    I tried to get into Grimm, but I just couldn't. The whole time I was just thinking "This could have been an adaptation of the comic Fables."

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Heh, one of the best scenes in the entire show was Adelaide running away crying after Juliet hands her ass to her.
    Adelaide v Juliet, best fight scene ever. it's about time Juliet got a something up on Adelaide, I just hope the writers don't decide that it was a one off, Juliet now has to be the one beating Adelaide to everything, outsmarting her, out maneouvering her, and outfighting her.

    When Juliet's in the picture, Adelaide should be shit scared. I also hope they don't somehow take her new powers from her or lessen them. Juliet would always be Juliet, even after what has happened, that's what we all hope Nick would see it as, anyway, given the story background it's also quite something to have a Grimm dating a Wesen, even though this one was not born one, but made one through freak accident.

    it's also how they made it happen too, it was a completely unforeseen side effect that had no stupid drama about it. Compare this to if it was done on say Vampire Diary Series, or Teen Wolf, there'd have been super drama-ering up to the whole transformation of such a major change.. they made it so believable and exciting at the same time.

    I just wish we saw more of Nick's enhanced power after the previous season, you know, when he gets mind controlled by the Witch Doctor zombie maker, and they find him, i remember the teasers showed him having extra speed, extra strength, extra reflexes, but this never really got shown off during last season, as Nick didn't really have any super hard fights like he did in season 2.

    What you guys think of Trouble? I'm glad she's gone, but she is still better than the Arrow's sidekick who i've still not warmed up to.

  8. #8
    For anyone getting into the show, the closest thing I can think of, is Supernatural, just without the annoying and extremely overused drama between Sam and Dean (yes, the "serious talk" at the car, at the end of the episode, was en effective tool the 1st time, but it just gets stupid when you have seen the exact same scene 30 times...)

    Didn't realize that S4 started yet. Guess I've got some catching up to do
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    For anyone getting into the show, the closest thing I can think of, is Supernatural, just without the annoying and extremely overused drama between Sam and Dean (yes, the "serious talk" at the car, at the end of the episode, was en effective tool the 1st time, but it just gets stupid when you have seen the exact same scene 30 times...)

    Didn't realize that S4 started yet. Guess I've got some catching up to do
    I've seen grimm a few times on TV, and every time it just comes off as so corny and goofy that I can't stand it. The creature faces, the stupid voices... I don't know what it is but I can't take the show seriously at all. Coming from someone who does like Supernatural. Even with all its flaws, such as the ones you mentioned... just doesn't have that general cringey feeling I get from grimm. No offense to those that do like it. There is some possibility that I haven't given the show enough of a chance personally... but I dunno.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter - 11/14 10H SoO - 13/13 10H ToT (Retired)
    Alt - Rerolling - BrM Monk

    Ex-GM of <Convicted>/<Ginyu Force> on US-Stormreaver
    http://www.sr-ginyuforce.com/home - Kill Videos
    D3 S2 Demon Hunter

  10. #10
    I've been watching it from the beginning and really like it. Also, can you guys stop calling her Adelaide? It's Adalind. For some reason it's really bugging me. Was a good episode watching Juliette kick Adalind's butt though. Hope she gets to keep her powers since she's apparently one of the strongest hexenbiests there is.

    Signature Created by Jassinta

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Also, can you guys stop calling her Adelaide? It's Adalind.
    I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I just wish we saw more of Nick's enhanced power after the previous season, you know, when he gets mind controlled by the Witch Doctor zombie maker, and they find him, i remember the teasers showed him having extra speed, extra strength, extra reflexes, but this never really got shown off during last season, as Nick didn't really have any super hard fights like he did in season 2.
    I've honestly been wondering about that myself. Go back and watch through previous episodes and you can see Nick get that greyish tone to his skin like when he was charmed by the witchdoctor every once in awhile. The latest one I can think of is the episode where they save Monroe from those Wesen KKK dudes, when they're interrogating one of the guys in the station he gets that grey shit going on. It has to be deliberate but why and for what who knows at this point, maybe it'll be a plot point after all this Adelind shit is done with.

  13. #13
    Trouble was awful and the worst part of the show. The character, even the characters name, just really bugged me. I'm glad she's gone and ever since she left the show has been better than it ever has been. Juliette being a hexenbeast has been pretty awesome so far too.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    I've seen grimm a few times on TV, and every time it just comes off as so corny and goofy that I can't stand it. The creature faces, the stupid voices... I don't know what it is but I can't take the show seriously at all. Coming from someone who does like Supernatural. Even with all its flaws, such as the ones you mentioned... just doesn't have that general cringey feeling I get from grimm. No offense to those that do like it. There is some possibility that I haven't given the show enough of a chance personally... but I dunno.
    This is pretty much how I felt after watching the first few episodes. Just personal preference though, I'm not really into supernatural stuff.
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Trouble was awful and the worst part of the show. The character, even the characters name, just really bugged me. I'm glad she's gone and ever since she left the show has been better than it ever has been. Juliette being a hexenbeast has been pretty awesome so far too.
    i completely disagree. truble was everything nick shouldve been from the beginning, i cant wait until she returns in the later episodes this season

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
    This is pretty much how I felt after watching the first few episodes. Just personal preference though, I'm not really into supernatural stuff.
    i think its gotten much better over time as its fleshed out its characters and world. the actors themselves have also gotten better in my opinion.

    a couple of the actors are still a little stiff but i think theyve all improved
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I just wish we saw more of Nick's enhanced power after the previous season, you know, when he gets mind controlled by the Witch Doctor zombie maker, and they find him, i remember the teasers showed him having extra speed, extra strength, extra reflexes, but this never really got shown off during last season, as Nick didn't really have any super hard fights like he did in season 2.
    You see it every now and then. Just recently, I can't remember where you see him with super hearing. It may have been the part with Monroe like Talby said but it is there. Just very subtle and they never draw attention to it. It just happens with no explanation. I wish he made more use of it than he has but it's kind of just been rolled into him as a character.

    Signature Created by Jassinta

  17. #17
    Every time I have noticed it, he's been super upset and on the verge of getting downright nasty with the suspects/bad wesen. It could be something he has no control over :O

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i completely disagree. truble was everything nick shouldve been from the beginning, i cant wait until she returns in the later episodes this season

    - - - Updated - - -



    i think its gotten much better over time as its fleshed out its characters and world. the actors themselves have also gotten better in my opinion.

    a couple of the actors are still a little stiff but i think theyve all improved
    I see what you mean there, in a sense Nick is far too cosy with the Wesen, he should have a more dangerous edge with them without changing his lovable character.. he's a nice guy, earnest, decent in a righteous way, he'll do right by anyone.. but he's too cosy with Wesen altho i like how his boss turned out to be a sorta good guy, and his mum is NOT cosy with Wesen

    I dunno, would you have preferred Trouble to be male?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I see what you mean there, in a sense Nick is far too cosy with the Wesen, he should have a more dangerous edge with them without changing his lovable character.. he's a nice guy, earnest, decent in a righteous way, he'll do right by anyone.. but he's too cosy with Wesen altho i like how his boss turned out to be a sorta good guy, and his mum is NOT cosy with Wesen

    I dunno, would you have preferred Trouble to be male?
    its not that nick is cosy with the wesen i dislike, i like that aspect about him because some of the wesen are pretty cool. what i dislike is how he often (less now but back then) he would let being a cop get in the way.

    truble wasnt a cop, so when she needed to be a grimm, she got shit done. she didnt wait for warrants or anything.

    i would not prefer her to be male, i like kick arse ladies and more shows need them

    the creators of the show said the reason they wrote trubel off so soon is they realized they just had too many character plots going on and too keep up quality they needed to resolve some of them before bringing her back.

    trubel is gonna be back later this season towards the end, nicks mom is too. the guy who plays nick said hes hoping trubel ends up being like his sister or something since they look so much alike
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  20. #20
    S4 has been amazing so far, if it continues like this, it will easily be the best season. Can't remember the last time I watched 13 episodes straight in one day like that.

    The only downside of the show, is that what I consider to be the "main" storyline, the Keys, has barely moved forward at all.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •