Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The World God Only Knows

Keima Katsuragi, a second-year high school student, is an avid dating sim gamer. He is known on the Internet as "The Capturing God" for his legendary skills to be able to "capture" any 2D girl in games. However, in his actual school life, Keima is known as otamegane, a derogatory portmanteau of the two words otaku (オタク) and megane (メガネ-"glasses").

At the start of the series, Keima receives an e-mail offering him a contract to "capture" girls. He accepts what is thought to be a challenge, and a demon from Hell nicknamed Elsie appears. She asks for his cooperation to help her in catching the runaway spirits. These spirits hide themselves inside the girl's heart, and Elsie suggests that the only method to force the spirits out is by "capturing" their hearts—making them fall in love. Appalled by the idea, Keima refuses after clarifying to Elsie that he is only interested in "capturing" 2D girls and that he detests reality. Nevertheless, with the contract already accepted, Keima would have to help Elsie no matter what; if they fail, both Elsie and Keima would lose their heads.

First season is completed with 12 episodes and Second season follows again with 12 episodes. I found this a very good anime to watch, it has a lot of humor mixed into it and it is very fun (for me atleast) to watch how Keima puts his gaming expierience to test in the reality world and see how he conquers real girls instead.

@Laylie,

I have been trying the exact same thing but i think you can't find an anime that you will love the first season, you actually need to have interest and watch atleast a few. Maybe the anime i suggested above might work out for your girlfriend, thing is with that anime, there are no fillers as in excessive conversations, so many things happen in a single episode that are relevant. Try the first episode and see what i mean and maybe recommend it to your girlfriend

Heres the OP if you might be interested:
    Last edited by Sanji; 2011-10-28 at 02:55 PM.
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Me again. This one is going to be a very hard recommendation. I need a show that would get my friend who is a girl into anime. She is willing to watch one and only one episode so I need something that has a WoW factor at episode one. She is not the brightest girl so something to challenging is a no no. I also don't think she would do well with fighting shows. Something that isn't too cute either. Synaia and Skizzit I challenge you meow!

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 02:16 PM ----------

It also has to be english dubbed I don't want to show her a sub for her first show. She hates reading...
    dude, just let her watch clannad... or code geass...
    synopsis
    synopsis movie
    synopsis
    and this one also: synopsis
    for the guy below his reccomendation. The World God only knows: synopsis
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    dude, just let her watch clannad... or code geass...
    synopsis
    synopsis movie
    synopsis
    and this one also: synopsis
    for the guy below his reccomendation. The World God only knows: synopsis
    I was really thinking clannad but idk if she will like it... She is into reality TV garbage lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was really thinking clannad but idk if she will like it... She is into reality TV garbage lol.
    let her watch the movie? she said only 1episode so thats only1 :P
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

let her watch the movie? she said only 1episode so thats only1 :P
    No that abomination does not deserve to have the title Clannad on it!

10+ Year Old Account
    then i can only say let her check the first episode of clannad series then.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

then i can only say let her check the first episode of clannad series then.
    O I will make her watch much more she is getting surgery so she can't move!!! MUhahahhahaha Anime torture incoming!

10+ Year Old Account
    O I will make her watch much more she is getting surgery so she can't move!!! MUhahahhahaha Anime torture incoming!
    then the best remedie is that last synopsis i linked
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Hahahhahaha well said, come to think of it, clannad is my favorite, and i made a friend of mine watch clannad till the end (He stopped seeing the light in life at the end of season 2) so maybe your girlfriend might be interested too if you convince her how awesome clannd truly is
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If she's the type to get addicted to soap operas I'd recommend Nana, as that's basically just an incredibly addicting soap opera in anime form. http://myanimelist.net/anime/877/Nana
    Other than that I suppose Code Geass would be a contender.
    As far as Clannad goes, I can't really remember the first episode being noteworthy at all

10+ Year Old Account
    @Laylie i'm actually gonna be having a couple of female anime fans over today i can ask them.

Oh and about the harem(on phone gonna need some help syn)

Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki

Old school series with full on nudity as well as some good action and comedy.

Tenchi Muyo GXP

Tits asses a robot that makes bender seem tame oh and again a good mix of elements.

Isekai no Seikisho Monogatari

Spinoff of tenchi again plenty of perverse monents with some action(mainly later on) oh and his massages make a womans ENTIRE body a hyper erogenous zone(as in just lying in bed has them moaning)

To Love Ru

An alien girl winds up coming to earth and getting engaged to a guy who was already in love but has no luck in even just confessing. Though it is 3 or so series the original the ova and Motto.

These are my recommendations for now and most if not all are longer than ya asked for but they should work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    @Laylie i'm actually gonna be having a couple of female anime fans over today i can ask them.

Oh and about the harem(on phone gonna need some help syn)

Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki : synopsis

Old school series with full on nudity as well as some good action and comedy.

Tenchi Muyo GXP : synopsis

Tits asses a robot that makes bender seem tame oh and again a good mix of elements.

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari : synopsis

Spinoff of tenchi again plenty of perverse monents with some action(mainly later on) oh and his massages make a womans ENTIRE body a hyper erogenous zone(as in just lying in bed has them moaning)

To Love Ru synopsis

An alien girl winds up coming to earth and getting engaged to a guy who was already in love but has no luck in even just confessing. Though it is 3 or so series the original the ova and Motto.

These are my recommendations for now and most if not all are longer than ya asked for but they should work.
    roger that, just gonna link them in your qoute.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

@laylie Id say soul eater, its the only anime I can think of for someone "not so bright", it has the action to be interesting but also the humor to keep the type of person im thinking she is laughing.

I could use some reccomendations to, I just started watching anime last year so theres alot I havent seen.

My favorite so far is Elfen lied by far, loved the fights loved the humor and adored the story. The art was also amazing. but also Death note/Sam Cham/soul eater/clannad/dbz/FMA/Claymore/darker then black. Im picky so I haven't found an anime that's peaked my interest in a while. PS: Being on netflix is a huge bonus/I hate robots/ Hate cowboy beepop/ dont reccomend anything with insane amounts of unnecessary nudity/perversion(think of elfen lied as the limit, had decent amount but nothing forced like a girl falling and showing her panties for 10 seconds)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland4life View Post
    @laylie Id say soul eater, its the only anime I can think of for someone "not so bright", it has the action to be interesting but also the humor to keep the type of person im thinking she is laughing.

I could use some reccomendations to, I just started watching anime last year so theres alot I havent seen.

My favorite so far is Elfen lied by far, loved the fights loved the humor and adored the story. The art was also amazing. but also Death note/Sam Cham/soul eater/clannad/dbz/FMA/Claymore/darker then black. Im picky so I haven't found an anime that's peaked my interest in a while. PS: Being on netflix is a huge bonus/I hate robots/ Hate cowboy beepop/ dont reccomend anything with insane amounts of unnecessary nudity/perversion(think of elfen lied as the limit, had decent amount but nothing forced like a girl falling and showing her panties for 10 seconds)
    oh and what are you favorite genres? (easier to request anime when we know the genres you like)

try code geass synopsis
    It has robots, but those are only optional and aren't the main focus of the series so might aswell try it out, very nice anime and i think you'll like it.

angel beats synopsis Key manga, P.A works animated it, nice story with some romance and with action, both character development, music is great. One of my more favorite series.

Kanon 2006: synopsis, same genre as clannad, if you liked clannad you'll also like kanon.
    the same goes for these anime:
    shuffle: synopsis
    air: synopsis

fairy tail: synopsis still airing every friday/saturday depending on where you live. Great music, good character development, almost no fillers, good action. Currently one of the better arcs is passing by in the anime.

give genres and i can add more.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    roger that, just gonna link them in your qoute.
    Thanks alot man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Thanks alot man.
    yuz no problemo, just make sure you've got anime for me when i'm posting my request in around 2-3days :P
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

>.< I mean she isn't overly stupid... Actually come to think of it she is pretty stupid...

10+ Year Old Account
    >.< I mean she isn't overly stupid... Actually come to think of it she is pretty stupid...
    who????

i don't get it

edit: i got it now your friend :P
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

My gf... Idk if she could understand half the anime I watch. Like Steins Gate would just go way over her head and beyond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post

You've watched more anime than most people have even heard of...
    Sad thing is... my list is longer. Not even gonna bother posting it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama