Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Sad thing is... my list is longer. Not even gonna bother posting it.
    longer then mine?
    (click signature for my list)
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    longer then mine?
    (click signature for my list)
    LOL, no not that long. Damn, you have almost 1k. I'm almost at the 300 mark.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    ye when this season is over i'm probably breaking it.
    300 completed is nice.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't there already an anime thread? Sy's Anime List?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    thats the anime talk thread now

this is the anime request thread.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    That's a general Chat Thread for anything anime.

This is for requests and suggestions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Me again. This one is going to be a very hard recommendation. I need a show that would get my friend who is a girl into anime. She is willing to watch one and only one episode so I need something that has a WoW factor at episode one. She is not the brightest girl so something to challenging is a no no. I also don't think she would do well with fighting shows. Something that isn't too cute either. Synaia and Skizzit I challenge you meow!

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 02:16 PM ----------

It also has to be english dubbed I don't want to show her a sub for her first show. She hates reading...
    Only one episode? How about a movie? One of the Studio Ghibli movies like Mononoke Hime or Spirited Away maybe.

If she is only willing to watch one episode it honestly sounds like she is already predisposed to not liking anime. You may be fighting a lost cause there.

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 08:20 PM ----------

Yeah but if you look, alot of his list is movies, OVAs and specials as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Laylie do you think she might enjoy Azumaanga Daiho or The walkflower.

Azumanga is a cute and funny slice of life while wallflower is an awesome series about 4 bishies in charge of helping a girl become the perfect woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Only one episode? How about a movie? One of the Studio Ghibli movies like Mononoke Hime or Spirited Away maybe.

If she is only willing to watch one episode it honestly sounds like she is already predisposed to not liking anime. You may be fighting a lost cause there.

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 08:20 PM ----------

Yeah but if you look, alot of his list is movies, OVAs and specials as well.
    I was thinking Spirited Away actually. Plus there is nothing she can do except close her eyes because she will be confined to her bed for a month. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Evil thoughts have come to my mind!

10+ Year Old Account
    now go back to anime requesting before i start using the rules.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    Interesting, the description of that character reminds me a little of the main character in Rurouni Kenshin. I'll try it out, thanks guys.
    Kenshin
    Trigun
    Grenadier (bit ecchi)
    Gun X Sword
    Black Cat
    Kiba

These come to mind with your likes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Kenshin: synopsis
    Trigun: synopsis
    Grenadier (bit ecchi): synopsis
    Gun X Sword: synopsis
    Black Cat: synopsis
    Kiba: synopsis

These come to mind with your likes.
    added: synopsis for the provided anime.

Also please add a little description of why you recommend it as stated in the rules on the frontpage.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia
    - When people post a request,
    Don't reply on his/her request with sentences like:
    Black lagoon,
    Angel Beats,
    High school of the dead,
    Fooly Cooly,
    Cowboy beepbop,
    Samurai Champloo,
    or
    * if you rather they use swords, you'll love samurai champloo. nuff said
    For god's sake, don't start here with Naruto is the best, bleach sucks,.... talk

When you reply say the name of the anime, if possible add a link to a synopsis* and Why you recommend it.
    example:
    -Chobits: synopsis
    some drama, ecchi, and even philosophical (can a robot have true emotions?) components, but mostly comedy.
    the humor isn't really deep and complex, but pretty cute imo.
    if you want to watch something funny and relaxing that doesn't need you to pay attention to every detail, you'll like this one.
    be warned though, it get's rather sad nearing the end.
    Just keep it in mind for the next time.

This is not directed to you but too everyone, when quoting an reply where an image is added too it, please use <snip> where the image used to be, we don't need to see the same picture over and over.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Recommendation:

Slam Dunk, an anime based on a true story, http://zalopydontcry.blogspot.com/20...i-of-slam.html
    synopsis of the anime : http://myanimelist.net/anime/170/Slam_Dunk
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

Deleted
    Hi there, i'm new to posting on mmo-champion although I have been "lurking" around the anime threads for a while. I have just managed to catch up to the latest episode of bleach and i'm looking for some more anime to watch while I wait for more of it to come out and also i guess you can say expand my horizons on what I watch.
    What I have watched is mainly on recommendations from IRL friends and i'm rather new to watching anime as a whole so i have not watched much or even very up to date on what may be decent to watch but what i have watched up to now and what i have also enjoyed is:

Bleach (All the movies included) I will keep watching this when more comes out
    Shuffle! (I found this rather interesting and also at points funny)
    Seitokai Yakuindomo (I found this as something to have a good laugh at)

My friends have ran out of recommendations, perhaps you guys can help me find something new and interesting to watch I posted what I have watched to see if it gave you any ideas to what i might be interested in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Missinglucky View Post
    Hi there, i'm new to posting on mmo-champion although I have been "lurking" around the anime threads for a while. I have just managed to catch up to the latest episode of bleach and i'm looking for some more anime to watch while I wait for more of it to come out and also i guess you can say expand my horizons on what I watch.
    What I have watched is mainly on recommendations from IRL friends and i'm rather new to watching anime as a whole so i have not watched much or even very up to date on what may be decent to watch but what i have watched up to now and what i have also enjoyed is:

Bleach (All the movies included) I will keep watching this when more comes out
    Shuffle! (I found this rather interesting and also at points funny)
    Seitokai Yakuindomo (I found this as something to have a good laugh at)

My friends have ran out of recommendations, perhaps you guys can help me find something new and interesting to watch I posted what I have watched to see if it gave you any ideas to what i might be interested in.
    as a fast hands up
    will update my post with reviews when i'm back from the store, just posting links and synopsis now.

-one piece: http://myanimelist.net/anime/21/One_Piece
    manga is of the same creator as fairy tail, starts slowly and builds up and reaches a nice steady pace at around episode 30, there's alot of episodes going on but you like bleach so you'll like this one also, One Piece has a nice sense of humor and neat fight scènes in it, some people say the animations are sucky but keep in mind it started airing in 1999 or something and they kept the animations, one of the reasons i love one piece. (skizzit is the one piece guy here and he knows alot more about it then me). has quiet a bit of fillers but i didn't mind watching them opposed to bleach where i skip them.

-fairy tail: http://myanimelist.net/anime/6702/Fairy_Tail
    see above same creator as one piece as far as the manga goes, girl wants to be in best magic guild wich she gets in and the story starts again in has the same stuff one piece has, sense of humor, nice action scènes altough sometimes they aren't aslong as the ones in one piece, some drama in it also.

-code geass s1 & 2: http://myanimelist.net/anime/1575/Co...aku_no_Lelouch ; http://myanimelist.net/anime/2904/Co..._no_Lelouch_R2
    one of sunrise's better titles, good story, good characters, good animation, and good music! Mechas, politics, rivalry and comradery, strained friendships, love and hate, complex ideologies, and blowing shit up! anime made by sunrise focus mostly on mecha's but this series is different, they indeed have mecha but the main focus is on the characters opposed to like gundam where the main focus is on the robots.

-clannad: http://myanimelist.net/anime/2167/Clannad ; http://myanimelist.net/anime/4181/Clannad:_After_Story (hands down one of the saddest anime)
    I really need to explain this one do i? Key- KyoAni, watch it love it, die with it. seriously, one of the best romance,drama series out of the year 2000+, focuses on every character introduced, they aren't just the main char and the support cast, the music blows your mind (did for me) the ending theme on s1 might not sound emotional but after watching s2, and understand all of it, there's a chance of getting watery eyes when hearing the ending song of s1 again. Just make sure when watching clannad is that you have something with you to clean your noose with and your tears, there are people that stopped after s1 cause they know they couldn't handle the emotions that come in s2 after episode 16.
    (just marathon it no questions)

-B gata H Kei: http://myanimelist.net/anime/7817/B_Gata_H_Kei
    focus on the main char that wants sex with a boy, just enjoy yourself and don't mind a little ecchi. laughing burst ensured.

-angel beats: http://myanimelist.net/anime/6547/Angel_Beats
    can compare it tho clannad altho it's more actionbased. Angel Beats is more than a little awkward; the final episode was something different then excepted, it raises some questions as it suddenly ends while they could have pushed out those 3minutes more and totally finish it.

-air: http://myanimelist.net/anime/101/Air
    see clannad same setup.

-air movie http://myanimelist.net/anime/713/Air_%28Movie%29
    see air/clannad

clannad also has a movie but i left that out bcs it's a disgrace to the name clannad although the movie was first and then the 2seasons came, you can check it out also, just isn't as emotional as the series but i do think they explained the dream better in the movie then in the series but that's just a little part.

on the first page there are also links to some anime genres with recommendations you might wanna check out.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2011-10-31 at 08:11 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Wow One-Piece has a lot there and it's still airing? :O but that kinda makes me wonder how much of it is "filler" episodes?
    I read the recommendations on fairy tail it seems like it will be one i'll like since i enjoy bleach.
    Code geass and clannad i have heard a fair bit about they seem very popular as i said i have been lurking for a fair bit.
    The others are also looking like something i will enjoy

I made these "assumptions" based on what i read in the synopsis but i'll wait to see what description you put as more of a view from someone else other than a synopsis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow One-Piece has a lot there and it's still airing? :O but that kinda makes me wonder how much of it is "filler" episodes?
    I read the recommendations on fairy tail it seems like it will be one i'll like since i enjoy bleach.
    Code geass and clannad i have heard a fair bit about they seem very popular as i said i have been lurking for a fair bit.

I made these "assumptions" based on what i read in the synopsis but i'll wait to see what description you put as more of a view from someone else other than a synopsis.
    updated previous post, as a said alrdy check out the other recommendations also.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Thanks for putting so much time into posting to me I will certainly be checking a few of them out and hopefully i can partake in the general anime discussion thread when i've seen a bit more anime and have seen some that people tend to talk about

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for putting so much time into posting to me I will certainly be checking a few of them out and hopefully i can partake in the general anime discussion thread when i've seen a bit more anime and have seen some that people tend to talk about
    your request is our command

anyways time for my own request as i'm running out of anime that isn't airing.

- Anime I've already seen:
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Synaia&s=
    big list, don't be scared of it

- Favorite genres or genre you would like to get recommendations off:
    romance,drama,harem altough i'm open for every other genre

prefering half season anime.
    feel free to recommend anime to me :P
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly, One Piece really does not have alot of filler. Not nearly as much as Bleach or Naruto. There are only a few of filler arcs of any real length and even those are only maybe 10 episodes at the longest. Most of One Piece's filler comes as either little single episode stories or they will add a little bit to the middle of a cannon arc and those you would not even know were filler unless someone told you. One Piece also happens to be my favorite long running series. If you check out Fairy Tail and enjoy it, give One Piece a shot. They have a similar feel to them. Good mix of action and comedy. Pretty much take Fairy Tail and swap mages for super powered pirates and you have One Piece. Word of warning though, One Piece does take a bit to get moving and the beginning episodes are pretty average. It gets much, much better. If you get to Arlong Park, that is where it starts to get really good.

Another couple of series you might enjoy are: Rurouni Kenshin (http://myanimelist.net/anime/45/Rurouni_Kenshin) It is about a wandering samurai who uses a reverse blade sword (the cutting edge and dull edge are swapped) since he has vowed to never kill again. He befriends a female Kendo master trying to keep her struggling dojo afloat (among other people) and is really just trying to find a peaceful life, but dark secrets and people from his past keep surfacing that will not let him do so.

Very good shounen series that sadly got a bit of a raw deal when it was made into an anime. The first two seasons range from good to great, but then they did a filler season to let the manga finish. Except the filler was so bad the series got cancelled before they could do the last arc from the manga. It is still very much worth watching and they did animate the finale to the series. There is also a really good OVA that deals with Kenshin's history that is quite a bit more serious and gritty then the series.

The other series is:Yu Yu Hakusho (http://myanimelist.net/anime/392/Yu_Yu_Hakusho) This is another shounen series about a kid who is a trouble maker who gets killed sacrificing himself to save young child. This action earns him the change to earn back his life by working as a spirit detective that hunts down and returns troublesome demons to the afterlife. This is really just the starting point for the series.

Very good fights in this series. It also isn't too long at 112 episodes and unlike most shounen tells the whole story with a real ending in those episodes. It is a little bit older of a series from the early 90's so the animation might look a bit dated at first, but I hardly noticed it after an episode or two.

---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    your request is our command

anyways time for my own request as i'm running out of anime that isn't airing.

- Anime I've already seen:
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Synaia&s=
    big list, don't be scared of it

- Favorite genres or genre you would like to get recommendations off:
    romance,drama,harem altough i'm open for every other genre

prefering half season anime.
    feel free to recommend anime to me :P
    Well you have likely seen all the romance, drama, harem series that I have so all I have is a comedy and a couple of cute girl slice of life series.

First up is the one I mentioned to you already: Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru (http://myanimelist.net/anime/8726/So..._wa_Mawatteiru) very funny series about a clumsy but well meaning girl, Hotori, and a few of her friends who work at a rundown and pretty slow maid cafe and the nonsense they get into. Hototi is voiced by Chiaki Omigawa who I know some people dont like but I think she has a very distinct voice that works really well for Hotori. She is probably best known as Maka in Soul Eater.

Next is Ichigo Mashimaro (http://myanimelist.net/anime/488/Ichigo_Mashimaro) Pretty standard cute-girls-doing-cute-things series. One of my favorites of the genre though largely due to the older sister character who is supposed to be watching out for the girls but is just as irresponsible as the younger girls and the totally crazy next door neighbor girl who loves to blurt out random things and usually gets laid out face first on the floor for her troubles.

Finally is Hidamari Sketch (http://myanimelist.net/anime/1852/Hidamari_Sketch) Slice of Life that follows the day to day lives of 4 girls who all go to the same art school and live in the same dorms. One of my favorite feel good series. What sets this series apart from the other many high school girl slice of life comedies? One Word. SHAFT. Yup. This series is made by the same studio that did the likes of Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. It brings that same unique look and style to the slice of life genre. Really great series I think. 3 seasons thus far with a 4th coming soon.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2011-10-31 at 09:05 PM.