Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Thanks for the really long post about one piece information, I see it took some time so i'm appreciative of it From what i can tell from what you wrote is that if i like the look of Fairy Tail i should take a look at one piece as they are fairly similar?
    I guess if that's true I will check out Fairy Tail since i must admit that 500+ episodes is very daunting to see when you first look at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Honestly, One Piece really does not have alot of filler. Not nearly as much as Bleach or Naruto. There are only a few of filler arcs of any real length and even those are only maybe 10 episodes at the longest. Most of One Piece's filler comes as either little single episode stories or they will add a little bit to the middle of a cannon arc and those you would not even know were filler unless someone told you. One Piece also happens to be my favorite long running series. If you check out Fairy Tail and enjoy it, give One Piece a shot. They have a similar feel to them. Good mix of action and comedy. Pretty much take Fairy Tail and swap mages for super powered pirates and you have One Piece. Word of warning though, One Piece does take a bit to get moving and the beginning episodes are pretty average. It gets much, much better. If you get to Arlong Park, that is where it starts to get really good.

Another couple of series you might enjoy are: Rurouni Kenshin (http://myanimelist.net/anime/45/Rurouni_Kenshin) It is about a wandering samurai who uses a reverse blade sword (the cutting edge and dull edge are swapped) since he has vowed to never kill again. He befriends a female Kendo master trying to keep her struggling dojo afloat (among other people) and is really just trying to find a peaceful life, but dark secrets and people from his past keep surfacing that will not let him do so.

Very good shounen series that sadly got a bit of a raw deal when it was made into an anime. The first two seasons range from good to great, but then they did a filler season to let the manga finish. Except the filler was so bad the series got cancelled before they could do the last arc from the manga. It is still very much worth watching and they did animate the finale to the series. There is also a really good OVA that deals with Kenshin's history that is quite a bit more serious and gritty then the series.

The other series is:Yu Yu Hakusho (http://myanimelist.net/anime/392/Yu_Yu_Hakusho) This is another shounen series about a kid who is a trouble maker who gets killed sacrificing himself to save young child. This action earns him the change to earn back his life by working as a spirit detective that hunts down and returns troublesome demons to the afterlife. This is really just the starting point for the series.

Very good fights in this series. It also isn't too long at 112 episodes and unlike most shounen tells the whole story with a real ending in those episodes. It is a little bit older of a series from the early 90's so the animation might look a bit dated at first, but I hardly noticed it after an episode or two.

---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 02:04 PM ----------

Well you have likely seen all the romance, drama, harem series that I have so all I have is a comedy and a couple of cute girl slice of life series.

First up is the one I mentioned to you already: Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru (http://myanimelist.net/anime/8726/So..._wa_Mawatteiru) very funny series about a clumsy but well meaning girl, Hotori, and a few of her friends who work at a rundown and pretty slow maid cafe and the nonsense they get into. Hototi is voiced by Chiaki Omigawa who I know some people dont like but I think she has a very distinct voice that works really well for Hotori. She is probably best known as Maka in Soul Eater.

Next is Ichigo Mashimaro (http://myanimelist.net/anime/488/Ichigo_Mashimaro) Pretty standard cute-girls-doing-cute-things series. One of my favorites of the genre though largely due to the older sister character who is supposed to be watching out for the girls but is just as irresponsible as the younger girls and the totally crazy next door neighbor girl who loves to blurt out random things and usually gets laid out face first on the floor for her troubles.

Finally is Hidamari Sketch (http://myanimelist.net/anime/1852/Hidamari_Sketch) Slice of Life that follows the day to day lives of 4 girls who all go to the same art school and live in the same dorms. One of my favorite feel good series. What sets this series apart from the other many high school girl slice of life comedies? One Word. SHAFT. Yup. This series is made by the same studio that did the likes of Bakemonogatari, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. It brings that same unique look and style to the slice of life genre. Really great series I think. 3 seasons thus far with a 4th coming soon.
    i'll take a look at them, if you know more just post
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Missinglucky View Post
    Thanks for the really long post about one piece information, I see it took some time so i'm appreciative of it From what i can tell from what you wrote is that if i like the look of Fairy Tail i should take a look at one piece as they are fairly similar?
    I guess if that's true I will check out Fairy Tail since i must admit that 500+ episodes is very daunting to see when you first look at it.
    They have pretty similar feels. Similar mix of action and comedy and similar sense of humor. The plots are different and Fairy Tail is much newer. The artwork is pretty similar as well, but much more so in the manga. One Piece has a pretty unique look and the Fairy Tail manga (and Rave Master as well a bit, same author as FT) looks alot like it. The anime is much more in the typical style of modern anime of the genre.

---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 02:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    i'll take a look at them, if you know more just post
    I will think about it and if I think of any more I will post em.

looking for some more animes too watch desu~~

here are the animes that i watched and i am watching http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Inngrimsch/anime
    also my all time favorite is and will ever be Full Metal Panic ;x

p.s: it can be that not all animes i watched are included in the list

Perhaps I should have used that my anime list thing, but I didn't...

I made a list instead where I went trough my stuff that should have pretty much everything I have watched. Then I tried to classify some of them.

Why I do this is because I got a bit of a problem. I have hard time finding anything good to watch lately. I have watched pretty much everything that my friends have suggested and can't find anything myself either. Problem is that my "i like" range is quite broad with "holes in it" and thus quite random. I for example like a lot of mecha animes, but then some of the ones that are considered good by many, are in my eyes quite boring. Simply put I can't really say what genre I like. I can watch anything that has "something" in it that catches my interest and it may be from something completely plain to something completely arbitrary. If I have to say something, I'll say a few things that may apply: action, comedy, violence, "interesting storyline".

So I thought I'd spend a little time and ask for help. I'm starting to get anime withdrawals ... more so after I have watched something good and it ends. Atm, I'm watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai mostly due to the some extremely violent scenes, but I have no idea what to watch after that. I looked some of the mentioned in this thread and might look at things like fairy tail, but if it is any good, I'll probably watch it in a week...perhaps less. I burn trough anything.

Here is the list. So

The big ones:
    These all I like (Wouldn't bother watching them otherwise . They also don't end...I hate it when anime I like ends...).

Bleach
    Gintama
    Naruto
    One Piece

The rest:
    The ones I liked most I mark with "!".
    The ones I liked the least I mark with "-".
    What isnt marked is simply anything between.

Random (Dunno how to / Cant be arsed to classiffy):
    Trinity Blood
    Baccano
    Cowboy Bebop
    Eureka seven
    Death Note !
    Blood+
    Black Lagoon
    Durarara
    Inuyasha
    Nurarihyon no Mago
    The Third -
    Claymore
    Darker than Black !
    Phantom
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood !
    Kaze no Stigma
    Last Exile
    Ao no Exorcist
    Elfen Lied -
    Kara no Kyoukai
    Welcome to the NHK (This was kind of cool and touched me a bit...)
    D.Gray-Man
    C
    Highschool of the Dead (dropped halfway due to getting bored. I'll have it in the list here so no one tries to suggest it) -
    Toaru Majutsu no Index s1 & s2
    Trigun !

Mecha:
    Mobile Suit Gundam 00 s1 & s2 !
    Neon Genesis Evangelion (watched some, got bored. Don't ask me how that happened... .) -
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Bokurano
    Rahxephon
    Bounen no Xamdou
    Code Geass s1 & s2 !
    Full Metal Panic (Friend kept telling me this was good. I tried to force myself watch it, but I just couldn't ...) -

Scifi:
    Steins gate !
    Ergo Proxy !
    Macross Frontier
    Terra e
    Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
    Heroic Age
    Koukaku no Regios

Fantasy:
    Seirei no Moribito
    Scrapped Princess
    The Twelve Kingdoms (Why there cant be more of this) !
    Utawarerumono

Violence:
    Berserk
    Gantz
    Shigurui (oh my god, why did it have to end so. They built up story so much, but then they didnt tell it... )
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
    Hellsing +(Ultimate OVA(up to 8ep)) !

Weird:
    Mushishi (somehow i watched this only because I always wanted to know what was the trick in next episode...current one was always weird) -
    Katanagatari (They talk...they just talk, but its all interesting story) !
    Last edited by Morae; 2011-11-01 at 04:17 AM.

Alright so the last time I watched any sort of anime was about 2 years ago, and that was to finish up the Samurai Champloo series.

The animes I remember watching are:
    -Samurai Champloo
    -Code Geass (not sure if I've seen both seasons)
    -Hellsing
    -Chrno Crusade
    -Death Note (never finished it)
    -Afro Samurai
    I'm sure there are more I've seen, but those are the ones I remember at the moment.

Not sure under what categories the aforementioned animes fall under unfortunately, so just reccomend what you think I would like best. I would also prefer a series no longer than 50-60ish episodes.
    Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    your request is our command

anyways time for my own request as i'm running out of anime that isn't airing.
    Yosh, theres 4-5 anime a comparison between you and me says you havent seen! (well more, but these are the ones im going to recomend).

Murder Princess synopsis
    Fleeing from a coup de'at, the princess Alita bumps into a bounty hunter called Falis. During the encounter they both are placed in a rough situation and switch bodies. Falis is then convinced to help Alita take the kingdom back, and stay as the princess until they find a way to return to their original bodies.
    Its a pretty short anime, only 6 eps. However its quite sweet, with a lot of sword hacking action, and a generally good plot.

Chuu Bra!! synopsis
    A few schoolgirls get together and try to form a club that researches underwear (the main chars family are underwear designers so she has interests in it).
    It is a slice of life + ecchi anime with lots of humour. I recommend it to you synaia, because youre you, really :P

A Channel synopsis
    This is a slice of life anime focusing around four girls in school. They have fun together and do different things. Very humorous anime. Especially the interaction between Tooru and the others (no, dont take what i said the wrong way, this anime doesnt contain many ecchi moments).
    Anyone whos seen lucky star will most likely like this one too in some way.

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan synopsis
    Main character in the story, Sakura, has in the future created immortality for women, in the form of making them stop aging when theyre 12. This threads into the domain of god, so he sends an angel to kill Sakura in the past, before he can create said immortality. Dokuro-chan, the angel that was sent, however, thinks theres another way to end it and decides to protect him. Doesnt usually go to well though, as he dies A LOT. Good thing she can ressurect him then!
    Purely humorous anime, with an opening that is bound to annoy any of your raiders on TS/VT. Much like the 2 others above, i recommend it since its a good anime giving a lot of laughs and has cute girls in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    will check them out laterz toghete with the one skizzit recommended

edit:
    @morae and cougarbait, i'll take a look at your request later today.
    just want to finish astarotte.
    Last edited by Millhi; 2011-11-01 at 03:20 PM.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Smile

- Anime I've already seen:
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sou...atus=2&order=0

- Favorite genres or genre you would like to get recommendations off:
    Psychologi, Horror, thriller, Action (not necessarily) You know, I want to watch more animes like Umineko naku koro ni, Higurashi, Blood+, Ookami kakushi.
    Anything creepy with a decent story to it, prefere 26+ episode but wont turn down 12-13 long ones.
    - [optional] Genres you don't like:
    Not a big fan of Harem, no dubs, and even though my love for code geass, mecha isn't attracting at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post

Psychologi, Horror, thriller, Action (not necessarily) You know, I want to watch more animes like Umineko naku koro ni, Higurashi, Blood+, Ookami kakushi.
    Anything creepy with a decent story to it, prefere 26+ episode but wont turn down 12-13 long ones.
    Not a big fan of Harem, no dubs, and even though my love for code geass, mecha isn't attracting at all.
    ok, i'm on the job, will do yours togheter with morae's and cougarbait.
    except a reply of me later today.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

@morae You would probably like Gundam SEED and Guilty Crown since they're sunrise anime (like Gundam 00 and Geass)

Although... your hatred for FMP and HOTD makes me sad :<
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

I really really really can't stress enough that you need to try Guilty Crown it is a currently airing show. It has some mecha but not as much as Code Geass. It is from some of the creators of Code Geass. http://myanimelist.net/anime/10793/Guilty_Crown It has some of the best music in an anime I have watched. Likeable characters and an awesome plot so far.

Deleted

Since Layie doesn't watch it ( as far i know ) you can give Mirai Nikki a shot. If you don't mind that its currently airing. It has some horror and thriller moments and a crazy yandere, so check it sounds interesting to you.

Same goes for cougarbait
    Last edited by mmoc0ad294ce9c; 2011-11-01 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    I really really really can't stress enough that you need to try Guilty Crown it is a currently airing show. It has some mecha but not as much as Code Geass. It is from some of the creators of Code Geass. http://myanimelist.net/anime/10793/Guilty_Crown It has some of the best music in an anime I have watched. Likeable characters and an awesome plot so far.
    Currently watching it havn't watched episode 3 yet

Currently watching it havn't watched episode 3 yet
    Well damn give me a few minutes ok. I know you don't like Mecha anime but Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny are so well written. I felt like I was watching Code Geass over again. Almost all of the characters can be compared to one in Code Geass. Please give it a try you will not be disappointed.

Claymore- Girls with swords fighting monsters. Trust me the girls are badass. I really don't remember much about the show since I watched it awhile ago. But it is an amazing show. http://myanimelist.net/anime/1818/Claymore
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2011-11-01 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    Since Layie doesn't watch it ( as far i know ) you can give Mirai Nikki a shot. If you don't mind that its currently airing. It has some horror and thriller moments and a crazy yandere, so check it sounds interesting to you.

Same goes for cougarbait
    You know, I've been thinking about watching this one for a while. Will give it a shot.

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Well damn give me a few minutes ok. I know you don't like Mecha anime but Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny are so well written. I felt like I was watching Code Geass over again. Almost all of the characters can be compared to one in Code Geass. Please give it a try you will not be disappointed.

I will be back with more recommendations.
    Are you really sure about that? I started watching Gundam Seed... maybe it even was your recommendation! I dont remember xD. But 4 episodes in and I didn't find myself attatched to the plot or characters at all. If you insist I will give it a second chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I've been thinking about watching this one for a while. Will give it a shot.
    just do it, yuno is 2 yandare to be ignored

edit: gundam seed needs some time to grow, it comes better later on.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 07:22 PM ----------

Are you really sure about that? I started watching Gundam Seed... maybe it even was your recommendation! I dont remember xD. But 4 episodes in and I didn't find myself attatched to the plot or characters at all. If you insist I will give it a second chance.
    It is a 50 episode show it doesn't start getting really good until like 10 or so. But trust me I marathoned that whole series 100 episodes in a week.

Ooh! I might give a go to those gundam seed!

That guilty crown seems interesting, but its atm just a few episodes long. I must be spoiled or something, but I want to watch more stuff on the same go so I'll wait until it is a bit longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Ooh! I might give a go to those gundam seed!

That guilty crown seems interesting, but its atm just a few episodes long. I must be spoiled or something, but I want to watch more stuff on the same go so I'll wait until it is a bit longer.
    I can't be bothered reading backwards (sorry!) but have you checked out Code:Geass? It's written by the same guy as Guilty Crown and the format/plot are loosely similar.

edit: This is assuming you haven't seen CG already, most usually have.
    Shadows are cruel.