Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    Hey hey.

So, I haven't really watched much Anime, in fact, nothing at all until a couple weeks ago when I started watching the 2003 series of Fullmetal Alchemist on impulse.

51 episodes later and I'm sitting here in my underwear crying like I've just won an oscar.

So, I quite fancy delving into more anime and I thought I'd check in here for some recommendations.

I'm looking for something that contains the following:

- Some action
    - More adult themes (I've never really been able to define the term "adult themes" without sounding like someone with a perversion for murder so I shan't go any further in fear of doing that once more!)
    - A fantasy setting and story (I'd rather nothing that seems too real, FMA had a nice blend of realism and fantasy taking our world and our physics and chucking Alchemy into the mix although I'd be happy to go for straight fantasy, Sci-Fi or anything out of the ordinary)
    - Strong characters (I ended up feeling very attached to the characters from FMA so things like deaths hit me very hard, that sort of emotional connection has to be there, otherwise I will get bored very, very quickly. Even if the characters aren't likable or relate-able, having deep and interesting characters will keep me entertained)
    - And a decent offering in terms of length (If an anime can keep me going for a good few weeks it's a big plus, total time of at least 10 hours, preferably around the 15+ mark, although that doesn't mean I'm not going to watch an anime film or a series it's just that I'd rather have something I can watch over a long period of time)

(Also, I have a soft spot for romance sub-plots if there are any that do have said sub-plots. However, it won't be a deal breaker if they don't)

It may be a bit to ask for, but I know what I like in a show (I watch a lot of live action shows in my downtime) and I was hoping that could be translated into an anime!

Thanks!
    Desp.
    All of the series that the others have suggested are good especially Fate/Zero, but in addition to that I would suggest Gintama for you. I'm not actually sure why people here seem to not recommend it for anyone, but it's an awesome anime with comedy, "adult themes" and also great serious story arcs with good fight scenes if you are into that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    All of the series that the others have suggested are good especially Fate/Zero, but in addition to that I would suggest Gintama for you. I'm not actually sure why people here seem to not recommend it for anyone, but it's an awesome anime with comedy, "adult themes" and also great serious story arcs with good fight scenes if you are into that.
    nvm. read wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc6223637058; 2013-02-14 at 09:20 PM.

Deleted
    Im really surprised i havent seen Zetsuen No Tempest anywhere. Especially for those who loved Code Geass, Death Note and the likes, will fall in love with that one. In the first 3 or maybe 4 episodes you may say, duh that story is dull and nothing special, but i promise you, it is truly a masterpiece!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Im really surprised i havent seen Zetsuen No Tempest anywhere. Especially for those who loved Code Geass, Death Note and the likes, will fall in love with that one. In the first 3 or maybe 4 episodes you may say, duh that story is dull and nothing special, but i promise you, it is truly a masterpiece!
    i love it and recommend it.

im also in love with Mondaiji Tachi, its absolutely hilarious watching them toy with Black Rabbit.
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2013-02-16 at 08:45 PM.

I'm gonna have to do another request. Do you guys have any good suggestions for animes where the main character turns evil? Again, preferably with some drama or action as well.

I've been watching Guilty Crown lately, and while the series overall was pretty disappointing I loved two of the episodes for this very reason, and I feel it's a concept that I'd like to explore some more.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    I'm gonna have to do another request. Do you guys have any good suggestions for animes where the main character turns evil? Again, preferably with some drama or action as well.

I've been watching Guilty Crown lately, and while the series overall was pretty disappointing I loved two of the episodes for this very reason, and I feel it's a concept that I'd like to explore some more.
    Code Geass and Death Note would be the ovious ones, but you probably already know those. Aside from those i dont know anything that fits well. Mirai Nikki maybe, theres one main character who plays rope jumping with good and bad..

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post

Hmm, can't think of much off the top of my head, but something that springs to mind is Shakugan no Shana. Really, the main guy doesn't turn "evil" in the same sense, but, he does choose to go against the grain of what all the "good" people want to do, and it does portray him as the antagonist. Of course, this is after 2 seasons of drama and fighting. Check it out. It isn't the most mind-blowing story out there, but I feel it's a good story (albiet, a little prolonged).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

i can only remember 1 with a little bit of story in regards to evil mainchars, but it is mostly an gag (and sports) anime, eyeshield 21 .One of the main characters is notorius evil, in a good and funny way.

i can also recommend Eden of the East, with a really good story and different (also evil) approaches in saving modern day japan (what else? )

Hello everyone, I began to watch an anime a few months ago but I cant remember the name. I looked everywhere trying to find it but I didn't manage to find it, I only remember a few parts of the plot.

Spoiler ahead:

It is the story of a nerdy girl who only cares about school and nothing else. She then meets a strange boy who skips class for many reasons and they fall in love with each other. After a while, the boy returns to school and is extremely intelligent and has better marks than the girl, making her jealous. Finally, the last thing I remember is that the boy brought a chicken to his school and they build a coop for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shagoku View Post
    Hello everyone, I began to watch an anime a few months ago but I cant remember the name. I looked everywhere trying to find it but I didn't manage to find it, I only remember a few parts of the plot.

Spoiler ahead:

It is the story of a nerdy girl who only cares about school and nothing else. She then meets a strange boy who skips class for many reasons and they fall in love with each other. After a while, the boy returns to school and is extremely intelligent and has better marks than the girl, making her jealous. Finally, the last thing I remember is that the boy brought a chicken to his school and they build a coop for it.

Thanks
    its Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun you are looking for:
    http://bakabt.me/169246-tonari-no-ka...0p-commie.html

Thank you very much kind sir!

10+ Year Old Account
    i have forsaken this thead, i'm sowwie
    //back to anime
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Just realised looking back at some of the Anime I have watched. Chrome shelled regios never got that 2nd season I was hoping for. Anyone else have a few shows they wished had a 2nd season but it never materialized? I don't know if I should blame funimation for this one not being redone! but they are evil incarnate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Just realised looking back at some of the Anime I have watched. Chrome shelled regios never got that 2nd season I was hoping for. Anyone else have a few shows they wished had a 2nd season but it never materialized? I don't know if I should blame funimation for this one not being redone! but they are evil incarnate.

Ichiban ushiro no Daimao as well as Isekai Seikishi no Monogatari among MANY others.

15+ Year Old Account
    still waiting for news on if a few shows that have run in the past half year are getting second seasons. i hate the waiting game. (heres looking at you accel world, hagure yuusha no estetica, and a few others).

Deleted
    Neo Genesis Evangelion
    Trigun
    Cowboy Beebop
    Rurouni Kenshin

classic anime , good stuff :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senkolols View Post
    Neo Genesis Evangelion
    Trigun
    Cowboy Beebop
    Rurouni Kenshin

Trigun pretty damn good.

Ruroni Kenshin 3rd season aside damn nice

cowbow bebop ok

eva...overrated as hell.

If you want a good series like eva try Rahxephon, Fafner or Reideen.

My opinion of course but i for one have never let somethings status as a "classic" determine it's worth to me.

Quote Originally Posted by senkolols View Post
    Neo Genesis Evangelion
    Trigun
    Cowboy Beebop
    Rurouni Kenshin

there is going to be a evangelion movie,
    http://www.thesubwire.com/Evangelion...Anime_Movie%29

as listed here it should air sometime this year

Quote Originally Posted by sandini View Post
    there is going to be a evangelion movie,
    http://www.thesubwire.com/Evangelion...Anime_Movie%29

as listed here it should air sometime this year
    There is also a western live action rip off called pacific rim due out this year.

I will watch it as I just want to see giant robots fighting giant monsters. FILL THE NICHE DAMN YOU!

Ichiban ushiro no Daimao - is that the demon king anime?

Thought Maoyuu Maou Yuusha was the demon king anime.