Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hi folks.

I'm Uggor, a lot of people in random places on the boards know me, but I rarely poke my head in here. I have a need/want to get into more Anime, and have taken a few suggestions already.

- Anime I've already seen:
    My Anime List

This also includes ones I intend to watch.

- Favorite genres or genre you would like to get recommendations off:

I don't really know. I like fighting, but could do with a really good story. The fighting in Bleach I liked a lot, the fighting in Fairy Tail is kind of meh to me. Fighting in stuff like Ghost in the Shell is really awesome too.

- [optional] Genres you don't like:

Again, I really have no idea.

I haven't watched enough different anime to really get too into types I love or dislike. I watched DBZ when it originally aired when I was growing up. I have seen every episode of Bleach, and I fell in love with that anime (people give me a lot of grief for it, but whatev, personal taste)

Anyhow, I'm mostly looking to expand out into some more stuff, hence the need to watch list on the MAL I posted. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

<3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Hi folks.

I'm Uggor, a lot of people in random places on the boards know me, but I rarely poke my head in here. I have a need/want to get into more Anime, and have taken a few suggestions already.

<3
    so you like mainly fighting anime it seems. seeing as thats the primary genre for most anime these days that is easy. some of my recommendations may be less about the fighting but have good stories none the less.

Attack on Titan (Currently Airing)

Infinite Stratos (Getting Second Season in the Fall)
    Magi (Same)
    Valvrave the Liberator (Same)

Oda Nobuna No Yabo
    Campione
    Hataraku Maou-Sama

i have more but this should be a great starting point. if you PM me later with the shows on this list that you actually liked, i can tailor a list that suits your recommendations, but for the most part i tried to stray away from the "Big Name" animes (With the exception of Attack on Titan) simply because it seems you already have those on Lockdown (Fairy Tail, etc).

Hi folks.

- Anime I've already seen:
    My Anime List
    well you're missing One Piece and Naruto from 'extremely long episode list with fighting and power levels' animes. You could probably check those out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    well you're missing One Piece and Naruto from 'extremely long episode list with fighting and power levels' animes. You could probably check those out.
    Oh yeah, I heard good things about OP, and I just remembered someone telling me Trigun was good.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    so you like mainly fighting anime it seems. seeing as thats the primary genre for most anime these days that is easy. some of my recommendations may be less about the fighting but have good stories none the less.

Attack on Titan (Currently Airing)

Infinite Stratos (Getting Second Season in the Fall)
    Magi (Same)
    Valvrave the Liberator (Same)

Oda Nobuna No Yabo
    Campione
    Hataraku Maou-Sama

i have more but this should be a great starting point. if you PM me later with the shows on this list that you actually liked, i can tailor a list that suits your recommendations, but for the most part i tried to stray away from the "Big Name" animes (With the exception of Attack on Titan) simply because it seems you already have those on Lockdown (Fairy Tail, etc).
    I certainly appreciate it ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Fate/Zero (spoilers in the related videos list), Kara no Kyoukai, Canaan, Ga-Rei Zero.
    I'll add these as well.

Thanks guys! ^_^

So I've been reading/watching a bit out of my usual. Been getting pretty interested in the tragic style anime/manga, Elfen Lied(manga/anime), Future Diary(manga), Deadman Wonderland(manga) to name the most recent. Looking for something along those lines, maybe with a "happy" ending but not required. Thanks in advance!
    "If you ever start to take things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe."

Quote Originally Posted by Korozion View Post
    So I've been reading/watching a bit out of my usual. Been getting pretty interested in the tragic style anime/manga, Elfen Lied(manga/anime), Future Diary(manga), Deadman Wonderland(manga) to name the most recent. Looking for something along those lines, maybe with a "happy" ending but not required. Thanks in advance!
    Have you watched/read Gantz?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Have you watched/read Gantz?
    A friend of mine told me about it awhile back but I was so swamped with other shows and manga that i was reading at the time that I never got around to it.
    "If you ever start to take things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe."

Requesting some decent anime preferably with more than 1 season.

genres im interested in: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Fantasy, Harem,
    Love-Romance, Magic, Martial Arts, Mystery, Psychological, School, Super Power, Supernatural, tragedy.

current favorites include: Shingeki no Kyojin, Clannad / After Story, Ano Hara, Code Geass

i really enjoy a deep storyline that doesnt go off on tangents every 3-4 episodes.

Oh yeah, I heard good things about OP, and I just remembered someone telling me Trigun was good.
    since you skipped mentioning naruto, what have you heard about it? it's actually pretty good as long as you get a list of filler episodes and avoid those.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcentrik View Post
    current favorites include: Shingeki no Kyojin, Clannad / After Story, Ano Hara, Code Geass

i really enjoy a deep storyline that doesnt go off on tangents every 3-4 episodes.
    Try Death note and Puella Magi Madoka Magica (you'll want to get into for a few episodes before determining if you like it, it's pretty short anyways)

Requesting some decent anime preferably with more than 1 season.

genres im interested in: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Ecchi, Fantasy, Harem,
    Love-Romance, Magic, Martial Arts, Mystery, Psychological, School, Super Power, Supernatural, tragedy.
    Toradora, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ano Natsu De Matteru, 3x3 Eyes episodes 1-4 (aka Ova 1 + 2), Occult Academy.

Monogatari series (Comedy, Harem, Romance, Comedy, Supernatural) Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Drama, Fantasy, Magic, Psychological, Super Power, Tragedy), Fate/Zero (Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic, Psychological, Super Power, Supernatural, tragedy), Mononoke (Action, Adventure, Supernatural, Psychological), Ghost Hound (Drama, Supernatural, Mystery, Psychological, Tragedy), Serial Experiments Lain (Drama, Psychological, Supernatural).
    Last edited by Digglett; 2013-07-28 at 10:26 PM.

I made a romance recommendation list for someone on reddit a while back. Figured it might be of use to someone here so here it is.

I'll separate the shows into three categories.

The first is just your normal romance, boy/girl ect.

The second is what's known as shoujo-ai/yuri. It's essentialy "girls love" or girl x girl, rather than your standard boy x girl. This might be off putting for some people, but I'd say don't knock it till you try it. I vastly prefer it over your standard romances, but to each his own.

The third is your ecchi/harem/ect type romances. I know not everyone likes these shows, so I'll separate them from the "normal" romance anime.

Some of these shows are more subtle when it comes to the romance elements, but it is present in all of them.

First Category (normal):

Nana

The World God Only Knows

Rec

Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

Gosick

Nazo no Kanojo X

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Bokura ga Ita

Ore Shura

Kokoro Connect

True Tears

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Spice and Wolf (If you haven't seen this, watch it right now. Do not sleep till you're finished lol.)

Amagami SS

Myself ; Yourself

Clannad/Clannad: After Story

Toradora

Sukitte Ii na yo

Higashi no Eden

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

Honey and Clover

Hotarubi no Mori e

Kamisama Hajimemashita

Kimi ni Todoke

Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate

Lovely★Complex

Sankarea

Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Suzuka

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Ai Yori Aoshi

Second Category (shoujo-ai/yuri):

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru

Candy☆Boy

Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl

Aoi Hana

Strawberry Panic

Sasameki Koto

Third Category (ecchi/harem/ect):

Ore no Imouto

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Kämpfer

Mayo Chiki!

MM!

Rosario + Vampire

Onegai Twins

B Gata H Kei

High School DxD

IS: Infinite Stratos

Yosuga no Sora

Asu no Yoichi!

Kiss x Sis

Shuffle!

Deleted
    Hello,
    I am looking for a new anime to watch that is similar to what I have already watched:
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    DBZ

code gueass
    Death note

I am not really familiar with all the different genres etc... so I apologize about that

Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    Hello,
    I am looking for a new anime to watch that is similar to what I have already watched:
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    DBZ

code gueass
    Death note

I am not really familiar with all the different genres etc... so I apologize about that
    From what you've listed the most obvious choice is One Piece. Quite similar to Bleach/Fairy Tail/Naruto (Only it's way better). I imagine you've heard of it, but if you haven't, it's, to put it very simply, about pirates on an adventure.

Here are a few more shows that I imagine you will like as well:

Claymore
    Deadman Wonderland
    Fate/Zero
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (If you end up watching this show and liking it, I suggest watching the original as well. It's just Fullmetal Alchemist.)
    Kara no Kyoukai (This a series of 7 movies)
    Magi
    Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
    Samurai Champloo
    Sword Art Online
    Attack on titan
    Sword of the Stranger
    Ninja Scroll

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello,
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    DBZ

code gueass
    Death note

You should definitely watch One Piece. watchop dot com

Bible Black is the best anime all time (to me)

Quote Originally Posted by autotrendauto View Post
    Bible Black is the best anime all time (to me)
    Not Discipline?

(Careful those unaware, these are NSFW)
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Deleted
    Hey i could use some help I typical like Action and comedy and similar to what i have seen
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    DB / DBZ/ DBGTZ
    One piece
    And full metal alchimist( and brotherhood)
    (have also seen Death note and is watching Attack on titan)

I know the later two are Much more dark then the rest, But hope any of you guys know any Anime i may enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Hey i could use some help I typical like Action and comedy and similar to what i have seen
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    DB / DBZ/ DBGTZ
    One piece

I know the later two are Much more dark then the rest, But hope any of you guys know any Anime i may enjoy
    You could try Soul Eater. I liked it but the ending is bad.

Deleted
    Hello,
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    DBZ

code gueass
    Death note

Cowbody Bebop too, although it's more about the plot development and the characters rather than action.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    DB / DBZ/ DBGTZ
    One piece

For comedy Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou and Nichijou are both pretty good (very off the wall though; crazy things occur).