Page 50 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    Pacing I'll agree with, but idk how you could say that about the animation, I find it to be one of my favorites when it comes to the actual animation. A lot of detail put into some of the fights that I don't notice until I go through and pause it repeatedly.
    They put budget into the fighting, but you notice all the stills? They are absolutely everywhere. They make it look like it's part of the show, when you see nothing moving on the screen and it's a dulled out picture, and it lasts between 10 seconds to a minute while they are talking. For example in Trost while they are running across the wall and it does that. They make it look kinda cool but looking past it it's complete laziness because they don't want to be assed with animating the moving so they put in a still.

You're pretty much watching an anime where a good portion of it isn't animated.

Also in the forest arc how they can fly towards a tree for 2-3 minutes while talking. If their cords where that long they should just throw them a few thousand miles to the walls and glide all the way back, fuck horses.

- - - Updated - - -

To the guy watching Fate/Zero: Yes the first two episodes are slow as shit. Just stay engaged and by episode 3 it'll all be worth it 1000x times over. I can fully guarantee and bet my entire computer that everyone who's watched it will back that statement up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post

A personal favorite that not many people know about or would think about watching. This show is absolutely brilliant with a masterful story.

Shin Sekai Yori (From The New World) (Action/Super-Psych/More-Than-Super-Psych/Partial-Horror)
    I can definitely recommend this as well, definitely my favorite of 2012(or well, it aired 2012/2013, but so far my favorite of both years anyways).

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty awesome thread, I've been wanting an update on which series/movies were worth watching in the past 6 years as the only anime I've watched in the past 6 years are random movies I've never heard of.

Movies such as Summer Wars etc..
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    To the guy watching Fate/Zero: Yes the first two episodes are slow as shit. Just stay engaged and by episode 3 it'll all be worth it 1000x times over. I can fully guarantee and bet my entire computer that everyone who's watched it will back that statement up.
    Yup, I'll back that one up. Also I personally found that the opening ep of Fate/Zero was one of the better pilots I've seen, sets up the story quite nice.
    The show also has probably the best quality of animation and artwork to be found atm, just blows everything else out of the water. Must watch!

Fate/Zero looks good, but it has nothing on The Garden of Words. Makoto Shinkai is pretty much the king of eye candy.

I would like to repeat something i have said plenty of times in this thread already but... seriously watch Baccano!. That qualifies as a masterpiece, among others like Anohana, FMA: Brotherhood, and of course the Kara no Kyoukai movie series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Fate/Zero looks good, but it has nothing on The Garden of Words. Makoto Shinkai is pretty much the king of eye candy.
    Makoto doesn't count. His anime are such eye candy that you can't compare anything to them. Plus his works can't even be considered movies they are so short and they don't have any action in them. A lot of budget can go towards something only 40-60 minutes long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I would like to repeat something i have said plenty of times in this thread already but... seriously watch Baccano!. That qualifies as a masterpiece, among others like Anohana, FMA: Brotherhood, and of course the Kara no Kyoukai movie series.
    Baccano! and Durarara! are both great, considering they are both by the same LN author.

I actually liked Durarara more than Baccano, but Baccano was probably more fun to watch.

So I decided to rewatch the remastered Evangelion series and watch the original EoE movie. Awesome stuff even after this long but after finishing those I decided to start watching the rebuild movies. Wow... Awesome stuff. I'll be visiting a friend this weekend in another town just so we can watch it together as we are both huge Eva fans and we've waited till a few of them were out. I have to say though that the original End of Evangelion movie was way better than 1.11 especially with that ending as it left you to interpret it a bit yourself. Should watch it if anyone hasn't especially the EoE movie.

Next on my list as someone else said is to watch the Kara no Kyoukai movies but I heard there are new ones coming out? might be wrong. Durarara is awesome also one of my favorites though for some reason everyone I know hates it

edit: if you guys haven't seen watch Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and Xam'd Lost Memories. both awesome shows and the original creators of Eureka Seven were part of Xam'd I think.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2013-10-03 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    End of Evangelion movie was way better than 1.11 especially with that ending as it left you to interpret it a bit yourself.
    I'm curious why you're even comparing the two? EoE was the people who made NGE way of remaking the ending of episode 25 & 26. 1.11 is a an adaptation of the first 6 episodes or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Next on my list as someone else said is to watch the Kara no Kyoukai movies but I heard there are new ones coming out? might be wrong.
    Watch them. They're amazing. And a new movie is coming out, but it's a side story and doesn't affect the story of the other 7 movies.

Makoto doesn't count. His anime are such eye candy that you can't compare anything to them. Plus his works can't even be considered movies they are so short and they don't have any action in them. A lot of budget can go towards something only 40-60 minutes long.
    True. If you discount movies, F/Z definitely ranks way up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attack on Titan is freaking awesome,

Started it last night and watched 8 episodes.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I'm curious why you're even comparing the two? EoE was the people who made NGE way of remaking the ending of episode 25 & 26. 1.11 is a an adaptation of the first 6 episodes or something.
    I should have probably said that I just enjoyed it way even though 1.11 is as you say the first six episodes it just was more enjoyable as a movie. Can't wait for 2.22 since it seems to have a decent amount of new footage and then 3.33 being completely new.

Speaking of Makoto tho, I think one of my favorites of his is The Place Promised in Our Early Days compared to the rest of his movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    So last night I just finished watching Clannad/Clannad After Story in 3 seperate marathon sittings...

Big mistake, the 2nd last episode fucking shattered me.

I'm not sure how to feel about the last episode yet, in one way it is comforting especially considering the events in the episode prior but it also felt forced and shallow, so it is a very uneasy comfort that I get from it. Maybe I need to watch the scenes with the family living happily together a few more times for it to sink in.

Needless to say, the next few animes I'm watching will be cheerful ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    So last night I just finished watching Clannad/Clannad After Story in 3 seperate marathon sittings...

I'm not sure how to feel about the last episode yet, in one way it is comforting especially considering the events in the episode prior but it also felt forced and shallow, so it is a very uneasy comfort that I get from it. Maybe I need to watch the scenes with the family living happily together a few more times for it to sink in.

mondaiji tachi

hopelessly overpowered protag? check.
    protag who isn't a whiney little bitch? check.
    funny? check.
    humor? yep. thank you black rabbit for being a continual target.
    serious series? not even close. it doesn't even try to be a "this is a serious LN/show"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    mondaiji tachi

funny? check.
    serious series? not even close. it doesn't even try to be a "this is a serious LN/show"
    Thanks, acquiring now. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post

The episode where everything gets fixed pissed me off so much. I want to think it never existed. Should have ended with loli dropping to the ground. Would have been so much better than that shit they pulled with dragonballs.

Also second Mondaiji.

Deleted
    Coppelion looks promising - just watched the first episode. Anyone else following?

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Coppelion looks promising - just watched the first episode. Anyone else following?
    Just a heads up, I think the Anime Chat Thread is a better place for that discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    mondaiji tachi

funny? check.
    He is far from Overpowered if you look at how many of the characters in that universe are stronger than him.

Although its most definitely worth watching, favourite show of Winter 2013 for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    He is far from Overpowered if you look at how many of the characters in that universe are stronger than him.

Although its most definitely worth watching, favourite show of Winter 2013 for me.
    really? far from overpowered?
    he takes on gods and demons and wrecks them.

his ability is the ability to negate any gift and destroy anything on earth under heaven

i don't know how much more overpowered it gets than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    really? far from overpowered?
    he takes on gods and demons and wrecks them.

his ability is the ability to negate any gift and destroy anything on earth under heaven

i don't know how much more overpowered it gets than that.
    weak gods, yes.

He's like a freshly dinged lvl 85 in greens beating up low level characters, while the strongest characters are lvl 90's in BiS gear from SoO HC.