One piece
    Tokyo ghoul
    Deadman wonderland
    Yu Yu hakasho
    Attack on Titan
    Fairy Tail

Help a brother out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    What i've seen and liked i'm pretty basic

Bleach
    Mirrai Nikki
    Naruto
    Hellsing Ultimate
    One piece
    Tokyo ghoul
    Deadman wonderland
    Yu Yu hakasho
    Attack on Titan
    Fairy Tail

Help a brother out!
    I can pretty much quote my last post i made here, it should fit you like a glove, just ignore Mirai Nikki as you have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    First of all, since you liked Fullmetal Alchemist, go watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood asap, its atleast 10 times better then the first one. Some of the first episodes are similar/the same, but shortly after the story takes a completely different turn.

Next, Code Geass Season Season 1 and Season 2. It has mecha, but aside from that, its really similar to Steins;Gate and has everything you asked for in terms of great story, tragedy and drama. I hate mecha with a passion, but in Code Geass it didnt bother me at all.

Zetsuen no Tempest is another one with a fantastic story, drama and tragedy. It shows many similaritys to 2 storys by Shakespear, The Tempest and Hamlet, which even gets pointed out by the characters who not only quote quite a lot, but also want to change the story from a tragedy (Hamlet) to a happy ending (Tempest). Even if you dont like Shakespear by itself, it just makes this show so freaking good.

Mirrai Nikki might also be right up your alley. It has lots and lots (and lots...) of psychological themes and breakdowns and a good story, aslong as you can deal with the whimp that is the protagonist, though Yuno makes more then up for him.

Blackrock Shooter has perhaps the most unique story of my recommendations, as all others i rate its story 10/10. Fantasy and psychological themes are always present as per the nature of the show. Basically there is our world and then a fantasy world, which is directly influenced by emotions and actions felt in our world without going in too much detail since the show is rather short. Oh and stunning animation!

Hunter x Hunter(2011) is often regarded as the best shounen of all time. It has a great storyline, great characters, awesome fights and all of that without the typical flaws this type of show often has aka no bullshit powerups, protagonist doesnt beat enemys he shouldnt be able to beat and everything is consistent with everything that is explained in the show.

Last but not least, some random recommendations you should try out if my other ones were to your liking:

Katanagatari (Dont get turned of by the animation as i did at first, this gets better and better with one of the best surprise endings i had in a long time)
    Hellsing Ultimate
    Zankyou no Terror
    Nurarihyon no Mago (Second Season Sennen Makyou is a lot better then the first, in case you only kind of liked the first one)
    No Game No Life

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    What i've seen and liked i'm pretty basic

Bleach
    Mirrai Nikki
    Naruto
    Hellsing Ultimate
    One piece
    Tokyo ghoul
    Deadman wonderland
    Yu Yu hakasho
    Attack on Titan
    Fairy Tail

Help a brother out!
    Would recommend Hunter x Hunter (2011) and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, especially considering you liked Bleach/Naruto/One Piece/Fairy Tail. I believe Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is meant to be better than the original (have only seen the original myself), definitely worth watching.

Some other maybes:
    Code Geass
    Darker Than Black
    Elfen Lied (kind of similar to Deadman Wonderland/Mirrai Nikki, more extreme though)

Deleted
    Hello
    I'm looking for a anime/manga that's similar to Monster Hunter/God Hunter or something like that but where the characters train/tame the monsters instead of killing them.

Monster Hunter, for example, put such wonderful effort into making the monster realistic, detailed, and unique with a ton of personality. I would love that same feel of going into a monsters den but with the intent to capture and tame it to fight along side me rather than kill these amazing creatures.

I don't talk about Pokemon, Digimon or Monster Rancher-likes, where monsters look "friendly" with an cute/odd design. I talk about huge ferocious beast, Earth-Mother Wrath Avatars likes. (like in Evolve, Pacific Rim,etc..)

Also, since a long time ago, I still don't understand why in most of J-Fantasy universes, main characters are always "humans" or looks like human (elf-dwarf-handsome/cute/model humanoids).
    There is so many possibilities but we still going with the same races again and again...

After watching mangas/animes like Re:Monster, Wolf Guy, Wolf Rain and playing games like Elder Scrolls games, Little Tail Bronx and co. I would like to find other Fantasy universes but, for change, with monster viewpoint.
    More into savage,animal,beast races like werewolf, lizardmen, anthros, dragons, orcs,etc..

Something like Dragon Quest: Dai No Diabouken but where protagonists are the monsters!

PS: Please, no vampires, undead-like, demons, angels. Kinda tired of "non living" and "Heaven-Hell" overused stuffs.
    PS: If It exist, I wish for werewolf or anthro like this badass dude
    http://i14.tinypic.com/6cs2kow.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Made a new anime recommendation chart with my top 30 anime that might be useful to some of you.

http://imgur.com/XpIqGmk
    I'll have to check some of these i've not seen.

What's your avatar from? Is that from Spice & Wolf? It seems familiar.

As for my request, anyone have a good sword & sorcery anime to recommend?
    I've loved Record of Lodoss War, The Slayers, FMA (not quite Sword/Sorcery but figured it might get mentioned), and loved Log Horizon.
    I know I need to put Berserk on my list. Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

I've loved Record of Lodoss War, The Slayers, FMA (not quite Sword/Sorcery but figured it might get mentioned), and loved Log Horizon.
    Sword Art Online season 1 wasn't that bad (atleast the first part of it), season two is more guns though. It is pretty much an MMO anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) (second season is currently airing); Fate/Zero and second season; Guilty Crown; Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica.

From the ones I mentioned, I'd probably watch Guilty Crown first. Take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) (second season is currently airing); Fate/Zero and second season; Guilty Crown; Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica.

From the ones I mentioned, I'd probably watch Guilty Crown first. Take your pick.
    I'll check it out.

I'm watching Fate/Zero now and I've seen Madoka (wish it wasn't an arm and leg for the bluray :P )

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/sterkr

Anything anyone would recommend based on what I've rated?

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/sterkr

Anything anyone would recommend based on what I've rated?
    No game, No life. I loved that show!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    No game, No life. I loved that show!
    Apparently he did as well as he rated it a 10/10.
    trying to get a feel for your tastes.
    Since you liked Death Note and Attack on Titan I will recommend Sidonia No Kishi also known as Knights of Sidonia, it is available on Netflix.

You have a lot of Shonen on there so I will recommend Hunter X Hunter (2011) and Kenichi: The mightiest Disciple

Finally I will list 2 that are simply awesome and well liked A Certain Magical Index there are 2 seasons of this show and it also has a spinoff that goes with it called A Certain Scientific Railgun that crosses over with it and also has 2 seasons. Index and railgun are both fully dubbed and subbed on HULU
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2015-04-23 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Apparently he did as well as he rated it a 10/10.
    trying to get a feel for your tastes.
    Since you liked Death Note and Attack on Titan I will recommend Sidonia No Kishi also known as Knights of Sidonia, it is available on Netflix.

You have a lot of Shonen on there so I will recommend Hunter X Hunter (2011) and Kenichi: The mightiest Disciple

Finally I will list 2 that are simply awesome and well liked A Certain Magical Index there are 2 seasons of this show and it also has a spinoff that goes with it called A Certain Scientific Railgun that crosses over with it and also has 2 seasons. Index and railgun are both fully dubbed and subbed on HULU
    You nailed it with a couple of the suggestions. I just got caught up on Knights of Sidonia, I'm watching season 2 week by week now.

I know I've seen some of Index too, but I can't remember where I left off.

I found Dungeon right after I made my post so I'm watching that one now, but I'm half way through the third episode and then I have to wait ><

10+ Year Old Account
    You nailed it with a couple of the suggestions. I just got caught up on Knights of Sidonia, I'm watching season 2 week by week now.

I know I've seen some of Index too, but I can't remember where I left off.

I found Dungeon right after I made my post so I'm watching that one now, but I'm half way through the third episode and then I have to wait ><
    As far as INdex goes I loved the series and have watched the whole thing a few times I also really enjoyed Railgun as most can guess by my avatar. Season 2 of Railgun is more in line with Index. I would also suggest everyone try out the Magi Series both seasons are pretty awesome.

ATM I am on top of Legend of Arslan which has been amazing so far.

Is there something comparable to which I might have missed?

Here's a recently created list http://myanimelist.net/animelist/f3lcrow

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    As far as INdex goes I loved the series and have watched the whole thing a few times I also really enjoyed Railgun as most can guess by my avatar. Season 2 of Railgun is more in line with Index. I would also suggest everyone try out the Magi Series both seasons are pretty awesome.
    I'm waiting for season 3

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for season 3
    I don't know what they are holding out for I mean they have finished the Index story and are in a second series now. I'm surprised we haven't gotten a season 3 of railgun as well and I'm waiting to see an Accelerator standalone as well. I get that the creator is working on a different project which is getting it's own anime but seriously finish off your other work first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

I haven't watched that show yet. I kinda hate watching weekly and usually wait till finished to watch them.
    Looking at others on your list though I would say check out Sidonia no Kishi also known as Knights of Sidonia very Aldnoh like. Second season I think has just started airing first season is available on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

Fullmetal alchemist series - same author and art style as Aslan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    Fullmetal alchemist series - same author and art style as Aslan.
    also on his list already

Looking for some more suggestions if anyone had some recommendations!

My current list is here:
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/esoterickk

Filled up a lot of my time powering through One Piece and Fairy Tail lately, enjoyed them both and having something that will last for a while. Have quite a few on the plan to watch list, but going through them I'm not particularly drawn to any right now after seeing trailers/reading reviews. Perhaps in the future though.

Probably looking for something like One Piece/Fairy Tail/Hunter X Hunter, or for a shorter series I've recently really enjoyed Darker Than Black, Akame ga Kill, Attack on Titan, Mirai Nikki and Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Looking for some more suggestions if anyone had some recommendations!

My current list is here:
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/esoterickk

Filled up a lot of my time powering through One Piece and Fairy Tail lately, enjoyed them both and having something that will last for a while. Have quite a few on the plan to watch list, but going through them I'm not particularly drawn to any right now after seeing trailers/reading reviews. Perhaps in the future though.

Probably looking for something like One Piece/Fairy Tail/Hunter X Hunter, or for a shorter series I've recently really enjoyed Darker Than Black, Akame ga Kill, Attack on Titan, Mirai Nikki and Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom.

Thanks!
    Check Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.