10+ Year Old Account

Question Resto Shamy PVE need tips :3

Hi! I need some tips about resto shamy, and to be more precise, about the stats wieght !
    he is my link WA: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Akuun/advanced

so my first question is:
    Do i have too much mastery for my gear ? I try to keep my haste at 916, i reforge all my crits to haste or mastery, depend of what i need the most. I don't really have mana issue for now, I don't raid except BH, and i want to start raid BOT and BWD.. but before, that why i'm here!
    I usually try to get as much mastery as i can (keep in mind that i try to keep my haste at the softcap and my spirit at 2100) and reforge the rest to mastery.

So, that pretty much it, which stats should I focus the most for my gear, and how much mastery should i got..

ty for your help!
    (and sorry for my bad English, this isnt my native language xD)

10+ Year Old Account
    By the looks of it youre doing everything right. Haste to first plateau and stack mastery unless you can reach the second one. Might be worth changing the glyph of water shield to earthliving if you arent struggling with mana. There's no such thing as too much mastery aswell :P

10+ Year Old Account
    cool!! ty! by what I have, I should be fine to start raiding ?

Just never use Healing Surge and keep riptide on cooldown. Your gear is fine.
    My Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    why not use healing surge ? Especially when i have someone dropping like crazy

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heyiamdan View Post
    Just never use Healing Surge and keep riptide on cooldown. Your gear is fine.
    My Armory
    Healing surge is an essemtial part of your toollbox but it should not be used as a spamable heal. Healing as a Resto Shaman is not overly complex but it is more than just spamming chain heals as it was back im the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    why not use healing surge ? Especially when i have someone dropping like crazy
    Well, my guess is that Riptide + GHW*2 is better?
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

The difference in time between casting healing surge and using GHW with the tidal waves buff very small.
    Not only that, but if you use GHW you get a much larger heal for a slightly longer cast time.

Healing surge should really only be used if riptide is off cd, you have consumed the tidal waves buff and you desperately need a fast heal. However, also remember that if a tank is dropping that quickly, you always have Natures swiftness for an instant GHW.

Your gear is more than fine for bwd/bot. Those fights are easy anyway.
    Last edited by domwindle; 2011-10-13 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas 45 View Post
    Well, my guess is that Riptide + GHW*2 is better?
    this is pretty much what i always do, Healing surge is for my my HOLY SH** spell
    i was just curious habout how much he say, never use it

---------- Post added 2011-10-13 at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by domwindle View Post
    The difference in time between casting healing surge and using GHW with the tidal waves buff very small.
    Not only that, but if you use GHW you get a much larger heal for a slightly longer cast time.

Healing surge should really only be used if riptide is off cd, you have consumed the tidal waves buff and you desperately need a fast heal. However, also remember that if a tank is dropping that quickly, you always have Natures swiftness for an instant GHW.

Your gear is more than fine for bwd/bot. Those fights are easy anyway.
    perfect tips! ty !!

/LFG bot and bwd!

Deleted
    I would even suffice to say you could kill quite a few FL normal bosses with that gear. You have a decent amount of mastery, but personally i would sacrifice a wee bit of it for some more spirit(it's really a matter of taste, so decide for yourself).

10+ Year Old Account
    cool! i might try it out

Get a crafted 365 weapon; the extra spell power will do more than you think for your healing. Before that, head over to Deepholm and buy a Therazane tabard. Get exalted for the shoulder enchant. Spend some justice on a Core of Ripeness to replace your Isiset; intellect trinkets are your best friends. If you have money to spare after the weapon, get a DMC: Tsunami trinket. Tsunami has a bit less int than the egg, but the 400 stacking spirit is lovely. Switch the bracer enchant to intellect.

After that, you're all set for Firelands. Mostly little things, really. Trinket aside, the reforging and gemming are excellent. Just remember to watch your spirit as your gear improves. It's easy to fall into a habit of reforging things to spirit, when the spirit on higher ilvl gear ensures that you can actually afford to reforge away from it.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am almost exalted with therazane (its my 4th charracter so i know what to do :P ) but i dont have the cash to craft a 365

i will look foward to change my trinket thou :P

10+ Year Old Account
    i just did BWD, we were 3 healer and i did, usually 8-10 hps... and 12 hps on nefarian.. how is it ? If we take in consideration my gear ?

This doesn't really say much without logs. How much healing you do will depend a lot on how much damage people are taking and how long the fights last. As people in the raid learn fight mechanics better, they generally take less damage, meaning less to heal. How high your raid DPS is will also have an impact on how much healing you have to do, for example how fast Maloriak adds die.

Basic rule: if you killed the boss and the other healers didn't outperform you entirely, it's probably fine.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, all the oter healer, did 12k 11k and me 10k, the average dps was 13k

(my two oter healer was a pally and a druid)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go for spirit spirit spirit, and mastery until you get comfortable with healing and mana. Once you get familiar with the play style and mana management, get more haste.

my personal order of important (with a know how on mana management) is:

int > spirit ~2200 > haste = 916 > mastery > haste > crit... you'll also need regen trinkets with Int on both, such as tsunami and Core of Ripeness.

GL

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    ty
    for my haste and spirit i already have my 2.2k spirit and my 916 haste and i go for mastery all the way
    but i should really look at my trinket