Thread: h70 Corsair

h70 Corsair

Hey guys!

So today i bought my H70 watercooler to put on my i7 2600k, and i still have a doubt at how i should plug it, I mean the coolers and the radiator.. Should i get the air inside the case and throw it to outside or get the air from outside to inside de case??

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by iplaytokill View Post
    Hey guys!

So today i bought my H70 watercooler to put on my i7 2600k, and i still have a doubt at how i should plug it, I mean the coolers and the radiator.. Should i get the air inside the case and throw it to outside or get the air from outside to inside de case??

Thanks in advance
    Have it set up so that the air from the outside is blowing into your case. Otherwise, if you set it up the other way, you're blowing hot case air through your radiator.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do the best of both worlds and have a push / pull scenario utilizing two fans. If you're wondering where to mount the rad I always mount mine on the back of the case for exhaust purposes.

This should help ya.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    Have it set up so that the air from the outside is blowing into your case. Otherwise, if you set it up the other way, you're blowing hot case air through your radiator.
    Oh sure.. makes a lot of sense

Can't wait to get in home to set it up

Thanks for the video, it will help!

Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    A review I read tried it both ways (intake and exhaust). Using it as an exhaust was like a single degree difference on the CPU, with the added bonus of lower temperatures on everything else in the case thanks to more air going out, faster.

edit:
    Found it, click here for the review.

"With the system overclocked to 3.5GHz the heat climbs. With the fans on high the Hydro Series H70 still only differs 0.25 degree between set for intake or exhaust. [...] With the heat really cranked up we have the system running at 3.8GHz. With the fans set up for intake the Hydro Series H70 dumped massive amounts of heat into the case. The M998 case I have for the test bench just could not get the heat out as fast as the fans were dumping it in. With it set for intake the temps sat at a toasty 79.25*C. With the fans switched around for exhaust it's a way different story. The temps were at a very nice 74.5*C."
    Last edited by Raphtheone; 2011-10-13 at 10:31 PM. Reason: added source

It'd be nice to have it set up as intake but with my somewhat outdated case, an Antec p182, the airflow is front to rear so setting it as intake at the rear would disrupt case airflow and the hoses weren't long enough to mount radiator at front of case.

Mine's set up inside as exhaust sort of as is depicted in the above video, and temps are well enough for me moderately OC'd that both the H70 fans and case front/top fans are usually on low setting unless it's under a stress-test or something. So I'd go with as exhaust unless it could be set up to not disrupt case airflow as intake.