Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Baw :/ Men men manly men men? http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/im...WI-0408-lg.jpg Surely this is awesome!

---------- Post added 2011-10-13 at 10:17 PM ----------

My tired mind read "tits" and not tats... Yeesh.

Dear god, ewwwwwwwwwwwww XD

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Liinx View Post
    Dear god, ewwwwwwwwwwwww XD
    Ewww yes, but also awesome, it's freaking Gandalf! (On a bass no less!)

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Errr yeah so not the point, nor even the same. Illidan is a demon-hunter, though the times he fights in the books, he uses purely magic powers, and doesn't even have the Twin Glaives of Azzinoth. Does that mean he is a mage without the blades? No, not it does not. Also, Callei didn't even refer to Illidan as a rogue, he simlpy just said he'd like such tattoos for HIS rogue, which just so happens to be a human male.
    The point you tried making, was that because something happened in an instance, that it's lore. Atleast... that's the argument that you tried to make.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    The point you tried making, was that because something happened in an instance, that it's lore. Atleast... that's the argument that you tried to make.
    Despite all the books, what happends in game is still the lore that overrules all else. A prime example, the whole "Blue Dragon Aspect Selection" thing which took place in "Twilight of the Aspects" with Thrall befriending Kalec and such, check out how it worked in game, or the Cairne Bloodhoof memorial/cremation and so on... Not the same thing, yet the thing ingame is considered the real-deal. Now I agree that the books and game should say the same, since the way it is atm creates a fair bit of confusion. But that's just the way it is.

Also, are you denying the Demon Hunters and Illidan are a shadowy bunch?

Wow... he looks crap now! World of Warcraft graphics really are crap tbh

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolkora View Post
    Wow... he looks crap now! World of Warcraft graphics really are crap tbh
    What? Please be a troll, I mean aside from personal opinions of course, you can't say this model looks bad. It has so much more polygons and a higher resolution than any standard nelf or any other standard player race for that matter. Not to mention that his model doesn't represent the WoW graphic, since only a handful of models have a model with that high a resolution and that many polygons. If anything, the rest of the game looks shit when compared to those few models.

Not really necessary, but very welcome.

I would have like to see his pants a bit lower to see more of his abs and him have a little more butt because that pancake is not working. The female players in WoW get no type of eye candy what so ever. Yeah, I know I should not be looking at pixel butt in a game but really......

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    I would have like to see his pants a bit lower to see more of his abs and him have a little more butt because that pancake is not working. The female players in WoW get no type of eye candy what so ever. Yeah, I know I should not be looking at pixel butt in a game but really......
    It only seems fair, though I think he'd trip if they were much lower :P

15+ Year Old Account
    What has been seen, cannot be unseen. He really has his pants up on his armpits o_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Eye candy? Ask and you shall receive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, are you denying the Demon Hunters and Illidan are a shadowy bunch?
    By game standards (and going back to wc3) the closest shadow ability he had would be considered evasion. The abilities that are given in game (on ptr) has him more with rogues/wardens(far more shadowy than demon hunters) currently. What he needs is good ol' immolation and mana burn.

Honestly between the games and the books, the only lore i take seriously is ingame. between the comic books/books/tcg, the only impact they have on game is they are given a quest or two, or simply mentioned once or twice within game (or in this case and Thrall, a CoT 5man) and then they are built off of.

Illidan's model looks so much better now. Ima wait till they release this to wait and see if they replace Illidan's model in felwood storyline. (you know that scrawny night elf bad model of illidan dw warglaives... looks so bad) And the runes on the face, they are alright. Never really was mentioned in wota or shown in either wc3 or BT (note his runes light up in demo form) But are they bad? no. Just can care less bout facial tats. I like the tats all over the body though.

Wonder what is next for Illidan, since his ne form is too advanced to be used only once. We already know azshara shares the same body as tyrande (new one) and will probably be used again in the coming expansion, showing past events, and even a few quests here and there with azshara in her ne form (spec) before we go with her naga form. But what about Illidan? We have almost done everything we can with Illidan with his current lore, yet he gets a brand spanken new model. With this, hopefully more new content will come up for Illidan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree I wanna see his pelvic muscles kthx. nomnom

He's just precious :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    What has been seen, cannot be unseen. He really has his pants up on his armpits o_o
    Lmao, damnit. I had to look at the image again after this comment and yeah.. Now it's really bothering me XD

I don't like to complain and this might seem pretty pedantic but the tattoos are wrong.

If you look at his TBC version and official artwork the design of the tattoos are completely different, and he doesn't have any markings on his face... I mean, didn't they bother to look at the original model?

One more thing to note is the hue of the markings, they should be bright, Fel-green (again, like the TBC model). The current ones look too pale.

Quote Originally Posted by Liinx View Post
    I agree I wanna see his pelvic muscles kthx. nomnom
    I'm really partial to the lines where the muscle cuts over the iliac crest (hips) myself. My favorite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just saying this out there for a few of you:

Please stop using this thread as a chat.
    We've got a nice IRC channel for that, you can spam there all that you want.
    (You know that I am talking to you)
    Dawwwwwww

I think he looks a lot like Mr. Smith..... XD His face I mean. He's even got the whole "sun glasses" look.

Quote Originally Posted by Taldred View Post
    Metzen has also hinted how he wants a redemption plot for Illidan, so I wouldn't put it past him to bring him back somehow.
    That would be a pretty impressive bit of retcon there, all things considered. I mean. Illidan is quite very dead. I don't imagine that both Akama and Maieve would have been mistaken on this one. Hell, Akama probably had his body burned and his head strung up over the gates of the Black temple after it was all said and done.

I could possibly see some kind of post mortem redemption, were some forgotten plot of Illidans comes to fruit in resulting act of greater good, but the man himself better remain dead.