Page 1 of 3
LastLast

No more honorable combat in BGs

I think we are living strange times. It's extremely rare to finish your duel in BGs without either:

- Your enemy being assisted
    - You being assisted

Honestly what the hell is wrong with people?! If they see two players dueling, why do you go and put your ass to the fight?

Rogues and mages are the worst. Usually you are stunlocked from range, or from the shadows.
    Please, let people duel and have their honorable moments!

Regards,
    Hirves

Deleted
    BG's aren't meant for 1v1?
    They're team based...what would a team be if you just let your teammate die, doing that would just screw over your team and your chances to win if someone is on rez timer 100% of the time

Deleted
    If you want duels, go duel. Battlegrounds are exactly that, Battles, involving more than you and your chosen enemy. Its silly walking into the middle of a war and complaining that you arent being allowed a 1v1.

10+ Year Old Account
    In olden times of combat, namely sword based combat you didn't assist someone locked in a sword match, it was considered dishonorable. Granted we are not samurai so go double team that silly little mage
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    I agree with Hirv3s. The fact is that most of the time the fights are fully unbalanced.
    5 vs 1
    4 vs 2 or things like that.

Deleted
    Most of the time it makes no sense at all though.

Our flag carrier would be running towards our base with a mage following, so I attack the mage and he stops to fight me.

Then for no reason 2 of my teammates decide I must need help and jump in, while our FC gets owned by a rogue....

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    BG's aren't meant for 1v1?
    They're team based...what would a team be if you just let your teammate die, doing that would just screw over your team and your chances to win if someone is on rez timer 100% of the time
    Pretty much this... If you want to duel, then do so elsewhere... BGs are about winning, about playing as a team, not about 1v1 "honorable combat"...

Deleted
    This is why i play a rogue, to jump from the shadows RIGHT before you kill my team mate, Lock you down and take you from behind.
    I know I would be annoyed by it, and that is exactly why i do it.

So sorry if the battle, in the Battleground, got in the way of your duels. Most people, like I, kill the people dueling to get the dumb crap over with so maybe people can go back to winning the objective. Go outside of your respected home town, be it SW or Org, and duel there.

Deleted
    Bgs are fun for this exact reason.. Fighting 1v1 and one jumps in, so your left 2v1 and you kill them both! = Epic win!

Battlegrounds are about teamwork. There is no honour, only shame in defeat.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no "fair" in Battlegrounds. The object of the game is to win. Do whatever it takes to increase your chances of success. If you constantly outnumber your opponents, you are probably doing something right. If you are constantly outnumbered, your team is probably doing something wrong.

A battleground is a team environment. Ignoring your team is a mistake that typically results in a loss for your team.

Deleted
    Battlegrounds are like League of Legends.

If you see a lone guy overextending or going against your teammate, you do everything you can to gain the advantage and win the game, so you gank the guy, saving your teammate and feeding both you and the teammate gold.

In WoW's case, you just kill them to make sure they dont cap the flag and puts you at a disadvantage.

If you don't like that, go duel 1v1 outside Org/SW. That's why you got the system. Use it.

battleground = many people on one team fight another large group of people. if 1 person is fighting another person in a BG, then team members will assist. It's a team event.

You can find out more info here: http://www.wowpedia.org/Battleground

When i used to play i would be in an AV and sometimes i would see two people dueling in the middle i would sit there and watch,
    if the opposite faction won i would finish him off.
    Im a rogue btw, and sometimes they would bitch at me for not helping.

In olden times of combat, namely sword based combat you didn't assist someone locked in a sword match, it was considered dishonorable.
    Ehm... No, it wasn't.
    You're thinking duels. Not battle. Also, it was a very bloody ordeal. Body-parts were flying, fountains of blood, cries of anguish... If you have any illusions about 'honour' and valour and fair play about medieval warfare, you should probably let those escape you. Those things only existed for them who could afford it, and them who could afford it were usually clad in extremely heavy armour, and watching the fight from a safe distance while waving their poke-sticks and cheering.

Duels were nothing more than ill-conceited hotheads who felt the need to poke at one another with sharp bits of steel. Sure; nobody interfered. Would you be willing to get stabbed because your idiot friend decided to really want to stab someone?

Honestly; honourable combat is the stupidest idea ever. I don't think humanity has ever come up with a sillier one than that.
    Battlegrounds are for competitive gaming in teams, with both reaction and strategy required to beat the other team (well; that, or the other team just has to be worse than you). As a team, you rely on one another, and the failure of someone else can spell failure for you. In order to prevent failing, you should try to prevent your team members from failing as well.

Pfft. Duels. *Snorts*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post

Honestly; honourable combat is the stupidest idea ever. I don't think humanity has ever come up with a sillier one than that.
    Most people would agree upon that systematic attacks on civilians, nerv gas, not to shoot those who surrender etc is the right way to conduct warfare. And it has everything to do with honourable combat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrikspya View Post
    Most people would agree upon that systematic attacks on civilians, nerv gas, not to shoot those who surrender etc is the right way to conduct warfare. And it has everything to do with honourable combat.
    nazi's say hi i mean come on its a battle ground fuck honour fight to win
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

Because I put the "team" in "I". In battlegrounds, honor becomes moot in the face of victory vs. defeat. You know those games where your honorable team gets totally smashed to pieces by the other faction in say, Warsong Gulch? That's because they realized that rolling around as a pack of 10 makes them all but invincible when they're trying to win.

This is like people who get kicked in the balls during a fight and complain that it wasn't a fair move. I wasn't aware that it mattered, considering the goal is to win the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

You should never be alone in a BG even rogues should allways be in pair, positioning is part of the game, and if you happen to be dueling someones, that's a startegy mistake IMO.

There are places for duel, real duels where opponents are ready for it ... I personaly hate duels, I know who's gonna win by looking at class+gear.