Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lightsaber Combat

Good Morning all (12:08 am Wednesday in Australia :P)

I was just wondering, will the two Jedi classes and the two Sith classes, have the seven lightsaber combat forms? (If this is NDA Breaking just delete the thread.)
    And if so, will it have like any of the flips and jumping over people, Like in the movies, or is that just to hard to manouver into a game? (typing it now does make it seem far fetched but i believe it would be really cool if it is in their in some way (: )

Deleted
    I don't remember that much flipping and jumping over people in the Star Wars movies.

If you're referring to them 3 abominations that have the Star Wars name tacked on but actually have nothing to do with the real star wars movies i hope it's NOTHING like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by some video of a jedi knight playing the different lightsaber forms are like a warriors stances.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know from a few of the developer things that there will be different lightsaber forms for Sith Warriors, and those are the ones from the Star Wars lore so I guess that's what you're asking.

Also Creedster, stop trying to jump on the "cool" train and bash the prequel trilogy. Sure Ep's 1 & 2 aren't as good as the original trilogy but Ep 3 is definitely up there with the first three movies, and even 1 & 2 are good (when taken as movies, just not when compared with the original trilogy as a baseline for good).
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by creedster View Post
    I don't remember that much flipping and jumping over people in the Star Wars movies.

If you're referring to them 3 abominations that have the Star Wars name tacked on but actually have nothing to do with the real star wars movies i hope it's NOTHING like that.
    That is because they were made in the late 70s and early 80s. People didn't know how to do flips during that era. /sarcasm off

Some of the force users abilities are really cool graphically, Force Leap is insanely cool as you jump from a distance into a group of mobs and wind up your lightsaber to attack when you hit.

When you fall from a distance you roll into a crouch, ect.

There is a lot of great little tidbits in the game. Will you be able to flip over Darth Maul and cut him in half like episode 1, no since its not very practical in an mmo.

Thanks for the answers guys
    And i didn't grow up with the Original trilogy, so my opinion on all 6 movies are different to many people who did grow up with them. Although yes PM and AotC were pretty effin terrible. I really liked RotS because i was at that age of enjoying the action when i saw it haha.

Also there is a lot i read on the different Lightsaber forms, It would be pretty cool if they some how implemented all 6 in a way, would obviously take ALOT of time, and it's not important haha

Quote Originally Posted by creedster View Post

Yeah lightsaber combat was "EPIC" in the original 3 movies.

Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-11 at 01:46 PM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriod View Post
    Good Morning all (12:08 am Wednesday in Australia :P)

I was just wondering, will the two Jedi classes and the two Sith classes, have the seven lightsaber combat forms? (If this is NDA Breaking just delete the thread.)
    And if so, will it have like any of the flips and jumping over people, Like in the movies, or is that just to hard to manouver into a game? (typing it now does make it seem far fetched but i believe it would be really cool if it is in their in some way (: )
    Well both SW and JK got the Shii-Cho form plus Sentinels and Marauders use the Jar'kai style( 2 lightsabers)
    Last edited by Sargerus; 2011-10-11 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    Actually there are different forms and stances. They start with shii-cho form and then they tank's stance is soresu. I know that dual wielder get vaapad. That's all I know but I guess there are more

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Well both SW and JK got the Shii-Cho form plus Sentinels and Marauders use the Niman style( 2 lightsabers)
    Thanks for the clarification I'd personally really like to see Ataru as like a very offensive, movement style, but little defense sort of thing? And also Shien / DjemSo. Also Soresu as the like, Aoe damage taking form sort of thing? Or for those like tight situations where you are like about to die. So it could be like a cooldown that for 5-10 seconds makes you deflect all blaster bullets. Or is something already implemented like this? (Sorry if this breaks NDA)

I like that they have animations for when you deflect (parry) a melee attack or blaster bolt from behind, as well as various "finishing move" animations for when you land a killing blow with a melee attack. They do a good job of making melee combat appear fast-paced (kinda like in the Ep 1-3 movies), which adds to the realism of lightsaber combat.

Shien is not in the game AFAIK. It only got some popularity because of the TFU games.

Deflect is like Parry. But again i'm only playing Sorcerer on the Beta. Didn't get far on SW.

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    Actually there are different forms and stances. They start with shii-cho form and then they tank's stance is soresu. I know that dual wielder get vaapad. That's all I know but I guess there are more
    Oh so Soresu is already in there? Thanks alot for that Disregard my last post! !

(Note the follow words are opinion)
    Wow.. ppl liked ep. 1? i'm shocked... even with the star wars tag is was bad.. 2 & 3 were quite good... just not as good as 4, 5, & 6..
    but i understand Creedster point when he's talking about the lightsaber combat... next time you watch any of the star war movies. watch how they fight... fear, anger/rage, etc you could see in 4, 5, & 6.. Where as in the 1, 2, & 3 (while they were fun fights to watch) didn't have the emotion. it felt fake to me..

just my 2 cents

OT:they do have different stances.. (unsure if that's NDA breaking) and besides a force leap (heroic leap if you play(ed) wow) i havn't seen any crazy flips along the lines of ep. 1, 2, & 3.
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by OtisJay View Post
    (Note the follow words are opinion)
    Wow.. ppl liked ep. 1? i'm shocked... even with the star wars tag is was bad.. 2 & 3 were quite good... just not as good as 4, 5, & 6..
    but i understand Creedster point when he's talking about the lightsaber combat... next time you watch any of the star war movies. watch how they fight... fear, anger/rage, etc you could see in 4, 5, & 6.. Where as in the 1, 2, & 3 (while they were fun fights to watch) didn't have the emotion. it felt fake to me..

just my 2 cents

OT:they do have different stances.. (unsure if that's NDA breaking) and besides a force leap (heroic leap if you play(ed) wow) i havn't seen any crazy flips along the lines of ep. 1, 2, & 3.
    IMO the only good thing in Ep.I is Darth Maul and the epic lightsaber duel.

Deleted
    Where as in the 1, 2, & 3 (while they were fun fights to watch) didn't have the emotion. it felt fake to me..

k

Darth Maul was a horrible character. A movie should explain who characters are and give their backstories. It wasn't explained at all what the fuck Darth Maul was or who the fuck he was, and how he even came to know Palpatine.

But yeah LOL at people hating on the prequels fighting. The prequels really aren't as bad as people make it out to be, 1 was shit but 2 and 3 were alright, and the fighting in the prequels is much, MUCH better than anything in 4 5 6.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    (sniped vid)k
    curses. i'm at work and can't view your reply.. what fight is that?

Before you reply, i'll admit ep 3 did bring some emotion back at the end... but still nothing like the end of ep. 6
    Last edited by OtisJay; 2011-10-11 at 02:09 PM.
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post

k
    I do have to say, I absolutely love this fight scene, and to say there was no emotion is a little silly, there was anger on Anakin/Darth Vader's side, And after the fight sadness and betrayal which Obi felt.

Deleted
    curses. i'm at work and can't view your reply.. what fight is that?
    It's the Anakin Vs Obiwan fight at the end of Episode 3.