Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    i usually ask for 360 for FL if they have exp on a main and can prove with links/armory. if they new to Firelands. i wont take em. pugs are hard nuff to organise 6/7 as is.

an unexpierienced player that has been gathering VP gear with 370 ilvl is less valuable then the 360 alt with exp.

Deleted
    for nm firelands it is 353 and kill experience on all bosses.

Deleted
    Don't have any ilvl req. just need to have achievement.

Deleted
    I got booted from a trashgroup today on my retpally that was 361 with pvpgear. I found it hilarious that people take FLtrash that serious.

I don't have a specific minimum I require. Obviously if you have 365+ you have a better shot than someone running around in t11/zandom gear. Beyond that though, I pay more attention to whether someone is bothering to gem/enchant all their gear, go farm rep for the Avenger's of Hyjal or Molten Front vendors, get a few tier pieces on their own, etc. I'd rather take someone with a few pieces of za/zg gear that's all gemmed/chanted/reforged correctly than someone who's running around in 4t12 that doesn't think putting a gem in their 359 boots is worth their time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ignore ilvl and just quickly check armory.
    If I see people are properly gemmed, enchanted and speced, even though their gear is not that amazing, I'll take em over a random guy with amazing gear but wrong spec, gems, etc..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenHumpo View Post
    You got 6/7 HC exp and you can't make yourself a working pug to clear 7/7 normal?

Just go make your own group, will take 30-45 mins to set up with inspecing everyone, but then you have yourself a group.
    More like 2-3 hours.

---------- Post added 2011-10-14 at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucapa View Post
    Missing Gear Score yet? It was better than ilvl despite all its short comings.
    No it wasn't. It was the exact same thing.

pionock - you're kidding right? I don't know if I have enough space to give you ALL the reasons, but since your 'main' has raided this content, I am shocked you are asking.
    First of all, why isnt' your GUILD taking you if you switched for them.
    Second, low ilvl/gear means your won't perform at the same level as someone with let's say 365 gear.
    If you disagree, why don't you take your 359 druid into Heroic Rag? hmmm
    I am SOOOOOOO SICK of creating a pug FL raid, requiring a minimum gear level cause I don't wanna wipefest all night and having people pst me, MY MAIN IS 3/7 or 5/7 HEROIC so I'm good, don't need gear/ilvl. And you know what? I've taken these 'toons' into the raids and they totally SUCK! Just because your main toon is this and that doenst mean a darned thing. These are the 'worst' players I've pugged into a raid. They think they are sooo hot because they have another toon that did this and that. They do real low dps, healz, etc.
    Why are you looking for other people to 'carry' you? If you aren't willing to 'farm' vp to get a few tier pieces, then you're lazy. My approach is, if you aren't willing to put in the effort on your 'alt' toon and wanna just pug into a group with your t11 ilvl, then you just want others to carry you to get quickly geared.
    Go Farm! maybe when you have a decent ilvl pugs will be willing to take you. I'm done carrying elitist 'alts' into FL.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Not that I run pugs but I would say whatever the minimum approachable level is for the content, within reason: That means roughly:

* ~350 for T11 raids (346 blues + some 353 troll + Thrall quest cape + maybe 359 BoE/Crafted epics + one or two 365 molten front pieces from the intro quests)
    * ~360 for Firelands (Mostly 353 ZA/ZG gear + 359 epics + 365 molten front)

Within reason, of course. If you're an alt of a 6/7H character, you get leeway because chances are you know what the hell you're doing (or you would not be 6/7H). If you're a fresh 85, you might get probation with the caveat of being removed if you aren't pulling your weight (again, within reason). But overall the requirements are roughly what is appropriate for the content. I personally cannot stand the entitled scrubs who want a much higher iLevel than the content requires, so they can be carried to "phat lewtz".
    Yes, that's what get me. If the raid organizer was as great as he expected everyone else to be, then he would have no need to run the instance. I honestly think they are pretty much all wanting to be carried.

Only stupid people that think raids wipe or DPS is low because of low gear when the truth is that raids wipe because people stand in stuff and DPS is low because people don't push the right buttons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    So I need to vent, and find out if I'm seriously in the wrong, crazy, or everyone else is. I recently have decided to main swap from Shaman to Druid for my guild. My Druid is ilvl 359. My Shaman is 6/7H and we're currently working on the meteor phase in Heroic Rag.

So I'm trying to gear up my Druid through Normal Firelands. The only problem is that I'm apparently not geared enough. One particular individual is looking for 368+ to get in. That honestly baffles me. For a pre-nerf 7/7-intentioned pug, I can *maybe* understand such a requirement, but now? In nerfed-to-the-ground Firelands? Seem awfully steep, even for a trade pug.

One argument that's been made in my direction is that you can get up to 368 without stepping foot into Firelands, via VP and crafted gear. Now, my Druid has been buying bracers for money and others, and it wasn't until recently that I decided to mainswap. But that's not the argument here. Why such a requirement? Why does it have to be so high? Do 9 item levels really make such a huge difference, considering that most of your raid will inherently be higher than 359, or even 368? I know that you can't always trust pugs, but we're talking about piss-easy Firelands, and I even sent a tell to the guy on my main showing my experience in the content.

My question to you all, is what are your thoughts on this, and what's your ilvl requirement (if any) for a trade pug?
    Got the same problem. Already did Firelands long time ago untill i decided to quit and the guild kinda fell apart. True only normal mode but still some items ilvl 353 rest 359 and ofc belt and cape 378! But all that was Pre nerf! Now i switched realms and started a new toon and get into any of the raiding guilds anywhere....seriously I am gonna love The Looking For Raid Finder xD

LFR ftw xD
    Last edited by mmocb06d90a6ee; 2011-10-14 at 08:36 PM.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ that's why I'll be AVOIDING The LFR tool like the plague, tons and tons of undergeared 'toons' looking for a group to carry them - NO THANK YOU.

I don't look at item level at all when I pug anything.
    I look at gems/reforging/enchants/spec. The ammount of care a person puts into their gear, in my experience, generally shows the amount of care they put into playing. I know some people who are just awful and they get the best boes and enchants and everything they can so it doesn't always work, but generally it works quite well.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I look for is 353 PVE pieces. 384 PVP pieces are better in every case so I am much more likely to take someone in 384 PVP gear over 353 PVE gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Don't have any ilvl req. just need to have achievement.
    this ^^

There are always ppl that didn't do their weekly raid for whatever reason they might have had. Maybe the guild has a 10 man raid group wich 14 ppl apply to and occasianolly rotates them as they see fit. Anywayz the achievement is rather important in the end for a pug as this proves you know the encounters and are able to act appropiately to the situation