Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yeah, Fang and Vanille won't be coming back. And if they do, then screw this game. I hated them both.

I'm also glad Sazh is out. But why did hope have to return? :'(
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    They have said that for them to remake final fantasy VII to the graphical level of FFXIII it would take their current team literally years of coding and building environments etc and that doesnt include things like putting in voice acting and actual game mechanics. Its a massive pity because it is something we all want but it doesnt seem to be a likely thing to happen right now

Sadly they will eventually do the FF VII remake. Why do I say sadly? Because just about everything dealing with the FF VII world after the classic game has been crap. Advent Children? Great fight scenes but other than that...lol. Crisis Core? Meh. Dirge of Cerberus where Vincent turns into a flying super demon to destroy Omega Weapon? Hahahaha. Square sure did a fine job of milking that franchise.

However despite that rant I am not 100% pessimistic about it. Final Fantasy VII is one of the most popular games ever made and a modern update done properly would be amazing.....I just don't know if Square can do it right. It's just that I've been so disappointed them their games lately that I'm afraid the FF VII remake will be filled with over the top ridiculous cgi fights like Cloud and Sephiroth flying in the air at the Northern Crater doing 4 spins in the air while talking about Nibelheim and Aeris.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd just prefer it if they re-did 9 and literally changed nothing but the graphics. I don't want voice acting, so overated