Simcrafts, should I REALLY believe them?

I've heard many good things about VLPC, I've seen many warlocks from top guilds running with this trinket, and I actually got one tonight. I didn't play Affliction for very long time so I decided to run some simcrafts, and results were kind of suprising for me, according to simulation DMC:V beats VLPC by about 300DPS. AFAIK Intellect is the best stat no matter what spec we're talking about and VLPC provides "flat" +406 of this stat. DMC:V provides +150 haste, about +150 mastery (which is worthless for affli) and 12s 1600 int buff. Common sense tells me that bonuses provided by VLPC should easily beat those given by DMC:V.

Well simcraft is not a real combat situation, can any experienced Warlock give me advice which choice will be actually better?

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ighty/advanced (I know my hand + feet enchants + yellow gem aren't optimal, I usually run Demonology :-)

Do I meet any kind of specific haste threshold when I swap into DMC:V which causes that DPS increase? Also, would you swap Lavawalker with +8% speed boost (which is quite useful) to +50 haste on feet?

Your simcraft is probably simming the unbuffed version of the trinket, which was worse than DMC.

I'd find the correct values but I'm pulling Alysrazor

like penguin said try updating your simcraft, you're getting the prebuff values. as for boots if you're doing hardmode content you're probably going to get better mileage from lavawalker unless you're destro and on the cusp of being at a haste threshold after reforging wherever possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use this instead:

trinket2=variable_pulse_lightning_capacitor,ilevel=384,quality=epic,stats=406int,equip=ons pellcrit_2960.3nature_15%_5stack_2.5cd_chance

Don't forget to check 'trinket2' is not doubled.

Seems like you're right Penguin, I forgot to upgrade simcraft from 420-7 to 422-2, updated version shows 33219DPS which beats DMC:V. It is very close to my demonology spec which is suprising for me (for demo I use 391 Funeral Pyre, DMC:V, Moonwell Chalice). Maybe I should give affliction a chance, it's my favourite spec anyway :-)