Thread: Hello priests!

Hello priests!

So, I've picked up WoW again and have a few questions for you as I would like to try priest out this time around.

1. How fun is shadow priest in 4.2? Last time I played I think I remember it being a bit dull.
    2. How fun is healing nowadays as priest? Not really sure about this one
    3. How viable are both specs in raids in 4.2?

Thanks for your time .

Umm... it is sort of hard to quantify what's "fun" especially since what people conciser fun varies so much between people. I personally love my spriest and have a ton of fun with her; but I also know people who hate them right now. All 3 specs are viable for raiding right now. So... I mean unless you can clarify what you are looking for this thread isn't very useful.

If the sound and look of your character changing into shadow form gives you goose bumps, and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, as you become a shadowy apparition of Death itself. While deep down in the dark recess of your soul you hear shrieks, howls and cackles at the site of you melting the face of your enemies....... you will probably like Shadow Priests.

I don't like Shadow Orbs, at all, but I find spriests to be a nice change of pace from my lock, so I keep my spriest and lock at similiar gear levels, so I can easily switch between the two.

I also enjoy priest healing, but my healing gear is worse than my Shadow gear. While my Shadow gear is Fireland-ish, my healing gear is ~t11, and as such, I've only healed t11 content. As far as what spec, it depends on what you want to do (party healing/single target). I've always preferred disc over holy, but I've been fiddling with holy on the ptr, and I enjoy it almost as much as disc.
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

Deleted
    I think only you can answer questions 1 & 2. The answer to question 3, in my experience, is "very".

Spriest hasn't changed much at all since 4.0, except for balancing their numbers. I remember Blizz saying that they wanted to reduce our ramp-up time, yet they doubled it, and on top of that, added the god-forsaken Shadow Orbs which constantly fuck you over with their RNG.

But other than that, pretty decent and currently doing great on DPS. Arguably the best AoE spell because it moves with the mobs.

As for healing, Holy is currently fucked because of Blizz's bad raid design, but they're fixing it (holy) in 4.3, somewhat. Neither spec is *bad* though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    shadow is performing fine at the moment, dont know what time you are talking about when you felt dull. Imho shadow has not changed much. Some rng was added with our mastery but besides this there are no major changes... dots& pewpew u know :P

in healing tearms i can only tell from what i read. Disc is fine, holy is lacking of cooldowns

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elohel View Post
    So, I've picked up WoW again and have a few questions for you as I would like to try priest out this time around.

1. How fun is shadow priest in 4.2? Last time I played I think I remember it being a bit dull. A: Fun!
    2. How fun is healing nowadays as priest? Not really sure about this one A: Very Fun!
    3. How viable are both specs in raids in 4.2? A: Both completely viable.

Thanks for your time .

You're welcome!
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Given this is the priest forum and priests visit here, it's a possibility you might get a biased answer given most people who come here like the class already.

By the way, I hate playing my shadow priest which is why I play it all the time. Personally, I'm just a masochist. And really I like the orbs. I'm having more fun as shadow now than I was during Sir mr. Lichy mc lich lich-face king man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalang View Post
    Given this is the priest forum and priests visit here, it's a possibility you might get a biased answer given most people who come here like the class already.
    My answers aren't biased! Priests own, that's all there is to it!
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.